[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I don't believe this would happen. Sure, there's hydrogen in the atmosphere, but it's bonded and stable. The rest of the relatively insulating materials would quickly smother the reaction. The sun's advantage is that its entire mass is fusion-ready, it's isolated, and the sheer gravitational force generated by it sustains its reaction.

Still, I see your point. I would suggest instead different grades of coil. The first grade being much easier to make, and requiring only eight of them, to completely surround the reactor. The lower grade coils would be components of higher grade coils. Varying effectiveness is achieved through a combination of coil grade and coil size.

Actually I like the idea of potentially turning your base into a searing ball of plasma unless you control it, some sort of percentage based chance depending on how many coils you have in place would be fun.

• Actually I like the idea of potentially turning your base into a searing ball of plasma unless you control it, some sort of percentage based chance depending on how many coils you have in place would be fun.

As long as you could get some sort of warning, so you could turn it off, and you could insulate the reactor using reinforced (Maybe iridium-reinforced?) materials, I would be okay with this. Bonus points if thermal coiling allowed you to take advantage of this.

• Heh sadly though Quoted from a site about nuclear energy
    "Fusion systems cannot melt down or explode since the fusion reaction only acts on a small amount of nuclear fuel at a time and can only occur if suitable conditions can be created and maintained for a sufficient time. If any part of the process does not work perfectly, fusion will not occur. In contrast, in a fission reactor, fuel is added in bulk and the reactor controls the rate at which a chain reaction occurs; if the control mechanism fails, the reaction can run away and a meltdown can occur."

• Slight correction, Eloraam doesn't like people touching her mod in general, not just her code, I'm pretty sure that Immibis did not use Eloraam's code when she shut his addon down because she has her "own plans in mind".

I did use her code without modifying or distributing it. Apparently, that's a legal grey area, or at least nobody actually knows whether it's legal or not (although many people have strong opinions both ways).
    Also, that argument was mostly about reverse engineering the code in order to use it, not actually using it. Hypothetically, if I'd found some obscure documentation on RedPower's blutricity API and used that instead of reverse engineering it, that argument wouldn'tve happened.

Quote from Eloraams (sic) Blog

RedPower is copyrighted material. It may only be downloaded from the links provided here, and may not be redistributed in any form, modified or otherwise, without express permission. Decompilation or reverse-engineering is strictly prohibited. All rights not explicitly granted are reserved.

Let's see. If GT modifies a recipe, then:

• Nobody downloads RP from a link that isn't on eloraam.com
    • Greg is not redistributing RP in any form, modified or otherwise.
    • No decompilation or reverse engineering is taking place.

Modifying recipes, in some ways, is similar to the interaction between RP and TubeStuff. TubeStuff uses RP items in certain recipes, and it does so by reading RP's config file without touching RP itself. GT would be looking through the (shared) recipe list for any recipes involving a block breaker, then deleting them and adding its own. The only potentially-infringing part is gathering the IDs, which as I said can be done by reading the config file.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Thank you for that Immibis :D but i have one small thing to say (Quoted from Immibis' Tubestuff) "I'm currently away until 27/12/2012 so I might not be able to update for 1.4.6 until then. Sorry."

I call Hacks here sir :D

• Thank you for that Immibis :D but i have one small thing to say (Quoted from Immibis' Tubestuff) "I'm currently away until 27/12/2012 so I might not be able to update for 1.4.6 until then. Sorry."

I call Hacks here sir :D

I didn't say I didn't have Internet access, just that I probably wouldn't be able to update.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I didn't say I didn't have Internet access, just that I probably wouldn't be able to update.

Just bustin' your chops man, But i greatly respect Greg, and Immibis for their hard work, and i would like to say thank you to both. (And i would like an end to a silly argument in an otherwise great thread)

• Greg is one person. Greg does not have any authority over what is 'balanced'. If Greg believes that his opinion supersedes that of the other mod makers, then, yes, Greg should fuck off. Don't call Greg a 'savior'. He already has enough of an apparent god complex as it is. GregTech adds a lot of neat things, but it's polluted by all the things it seeks to 'better'.

If you want a really challenging game- and this is a serious recommendation- check out Wurm Online.

Greg is a person and its gregs mod and he can balance whatever he likes with his mod tbh... As long hes not touching their code... Once again you don't have to use his fucking mod....

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Greg is a person and its gregs mod and he can balance whatever he likes with his mod tbh... As long hes not touching their code... Once again you don't have to use his fucking mod....

And you don't have to use mods you deem 'too easy'. What's your point?

• And you don't have to use mods you deem 'too easy'. What's your point?

His Point is that you don't have to keep whining here, if you don't like it stop complaining, and don't use it. We don't complain to CPW, or RichardG on their threads that their mods are too easy, No. Because that would be childish and unbecoming of an adult.

• And you don't have to use mods you deem 'too easy'. What's your point?

That makes no fucking sense though? We are talking about GregTech and how his recipes might cause effect on other mods... Why not protest FC's BTW mod and say hey bitch your mod seems to break every single mod... This whole argument is pretty much just that.... GregTech has certain compatibility issues with other mods. If you are effected by it and don't like it please remove the mod...

This is not a pissing match this is HEY BEEP, Just because your special and make a great mod does not mean you need to QQ and copyright and cry everytime someone has some kind of impact effect on your mod. She really really needs to grow up.

• Unknown Ores + Unknown "Thingys":
    Think its all xycraft

• I'm kinda glad to see that Flowerchild and me (well, at least one thing we can agree upon...) are not the only people out there that think eloraam is a horrible person. A great coder, yes, but not someone i want to work with or even have to talk to for whatever reason.

• I'm kinda glad to see that Flowerchild and me (well, at least one thing we can agree upon...) are not the only people out there that think eloraam is a horrible person. A great coder, yes, but not someone i want to work with or even have to talk to for whatever reason.

Flowerchild I have no clue on his story. he does not want people as far as I know touching the way his mod is so he makes it not work with anything. That is great. If Eloraam wants to do that then sure I will be more happy to see that. Instead of this Legal bullshit crap. My friend over here had made a converter mod ages ago. Caused some drama and on IRC back before Eloraam stooped using IRC had pretty much said, illegal, sue, banned, stop working on redpower, and a lot of other crap. She pretty much was QQ so much that she was threating to stop working on her mod or end it all.....

This is when you know you got someone very unstable in the modding community. Worst part her lackeys come chasing after us and others because they are blinded by a great mod but miss understand whats going on in the background. All they care is defend her at all costs.... And its spreading more and more to other developers like a plague. I wonder if she was a he this be the same?

• #rantover
    Also, hey Greg, have you taken a look at minechem 2? There is possibility for some amazing cross mod play there, as it puts dozens of elements, and compounds into the game :D

Speaking of MineChem 2, I have a list of "Thingies" associated with that particular mod (I can't post it here, it's a really large list, 116 items):

http://pastebin.com/irGzY1VT

• This is when you know you got someone very unstable in the modding community. Worst part her lackeys come chasing after us and others because they are blinded by a great mod but miss understand whats going on in the background. All they care is defend her at all costs...

The main problem is: She can almost do whatever she wants, there is literally no alternative to redpower at the moment and i seriously doubt there will be anything anytime soon. There are a few other logic gate or wiring mods in development, but nothing for the whole frame stuff etc

• The main problem is: She can almost do whatever she wants, there is literally no alternative to redpower at the moment and i seriously doubt there will be anything anytime soon. There are a few other logic gate or wiring mods in development, but nothing for the whole frame stuff etc

No the problem is that she monopolized a product. No one else needs to or maybe even fears to borrow ideas. Where everyone else borrows ideas their afraid of not just her but the rest of the community how they act against it. Take her out many months there will be new things. Hell Id say Greg would do it but I think he like Eloraam. I hope not as bad as some these crazy people but still.. I don't hate her I just hate how she has handled things. I wish she would wake up and understand modding is not just about their way or the high way.

Greg has a lot of respect for these developers. All he wants to do is make his own game play harder and use all the wonderful mods in the same package. What's so hard about that? The sooner people wake up and see whets going on the sooner they can pass the message back to their queen and maybe she can be a bit more open.

• Yeah, pretty much what i wanted to say, Kane. Maybe worded it not too great, bit tired right now. As for the whole situation: If i learned one thing in the last eaks then it's that: The minecraft community is a strange one...

• That makes no fucking sense though? We are talking about GregTech and how his recipes might cause effect on other mods... Why not protest FC's BTW mod and say hey bitch your mod seems to break every single mod... This whole argument is pretty much just that.... GregTech has certain compatibility issues with other mods. If you are effected by it and don't like it please remove the mod...

This is not a pissing match this is HEY BEEP, Just because your special and make a great mod does not mean you need to QQ and copyright and cry everytime someone has some kind of impact effect on your mod. She really really needs to grow up.

You sir are not only unable to represent your opinion in a decent way (eg: not saying fuck in every single one of your comment), but are rude to anyone and everyone who disagrees with you. Adding that your comments are also irritating, and annoying, and happening way to often, I really hope, that there will be an ignore button on the forum.

For the gregtech changes: there are people, that unlike you, doesnt have 24 hour a day to play minecraft. And these people also want to play with gregtech, not only in creative. So keep the recipe changes out out of gregtech, because maybe, just maybe others don't want to spend months mining, because they want to build a tunnel bore, quarry or solar panel, which are - in fact - not in the gregtech mod. Theese changes just enforce everyone to use gregtech as a default mod, because solar panels require silicon cells, which are obtainable one way.
    There is are the forge dictionaries. They are made for mods, to interact with each other. If I say again IF some recipes makes there, than you can change it, but I don't remember they did. Tampering other people's work because "you like this way more" it is just rude.

• Kane I am sorry, but you really have no idea about the truth of any of this. With regards to monopolising the content she has, there are people who have already copied aspects of it. Buildcraft have façades, there are other mods that have logic gates etc. Given recent events, this is a subject that has come up a fair amount and I think it is OK to say that if you want to go out and create an alternative to say the wiring in red power. As long as it is done in your own way and using your own code there will be no issue.

With regards to this particular subject and Gregtech making changes to recipes in red power. I will make sure Elo see's the message that Greg wants a response from her. However there was nothing sinister here. I was already on the forums, I have an account and was logged in. I know that Greg knows that anything that I say has come from Eloraam and I am not just making up messages. This is not a legal thing and its not meant to be a threat or anything. Right now Greg is technically doing nothing wrong. In fact the message was intentionally worded to not be threatening. It was just meant to be a request to not have an option which would allow for a partial rebalance to part of Red Power 2.