[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Ah, thanks a lot.

Also, this is normal to be in the log right, and not an ID conflict? I mean I figured you overrode some IC2 stuff so I assumed this was fine (as Railcraft seems to have something similar for

Code
    [ItemTracker] The mod Railcraft is overwriting existing item at 328 (uv from Minecraft) with railcraft.common.carts.ItemCartVanilla

, which makes perfect sense to me)?:

That's just Railcraft overriding the normal vanilla minecraft carts with vanilla Railcraft versions. I believe it's so you can make the carts from RC steel if it's been enabled in the config. Perfectly normal.

• Install IC22 1.112.176

• That's just Railcraft overriding the normal vanilla minecraft carts with vanilla Railcraft versions. I believe it's so you can make the carts from RC steel if it's been enabled in the config. Perfectly normal.

That's just Railcraft overriding the normal vanilla minecraft carts with vanilla Railcraft versions. I believe it's so you can make the carts from RC steel if it's been enabled in the config. Perfectly normal.

Recipes don't need overriding. I'm pretty sure Railcraft overrides the vanilla cart to alter their movement and linking.

But, I was actually talking about this snippet:

Code
    2012-12-23 20:46:17 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [ItemTracker] The mod GregTech_Addon is overwriting existing item at 30086 (ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorReflector from IC2) with gregtechmod.common.items.GT_NeutronReflector_Item
    2012-12-23 20:46:17 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [ItemTracker] The mod GregTech_Addon is overwriting existing item at 30087 (ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorReflector from IC2) with gregtechmod.common.items.GT_NeutronReflector_Item
    2012-12-23 20:46:17 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [ItemTracker] The mod GregTech_Addon is overwriting existing item at 30101 (ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorUranium from IC2) with gregtechmod.common.items.GT_RadioactiveCell_Item
    2012-12-23 20:46:17 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [ItemTracker] The mod GregTech_Addon is overwriting existing item at 30102 (ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorUranium from IC2) with gregtechmod.common.items.GT_RadioactiveCell_Item
    2012-12-23 20:46:17 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [ItemTracker] The mod GregTech_Addon is overwriting existing item at 30207 (ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorUranium from IC2) with gregtechmod.common.items.GT_RadioactiveCell_Item

Although to me, that seems natural because GregTech overwrites those IC2 items doesn't it?

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• The expensivemacerator config is I think broken, it seems to do nothing.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

Railcraft overrides vanilla minecart to make them stackable (up to three) and (i'm assuming) due high-speed rails, which is 3x times faster than powered rails.
    GregTech overrides uranium cells due a problem on energy generation value (something related to config 5 : 1 instead of 1 : 5) to uranium cells, a fix needed for thorium cells.

• On the topic of a "sun generator", this topic was brought up earlier, and as I had said then, the maximum solar power density is about that of a compost heap (about 200W/m3), this is at the center of the core, so making an artificial star is a very very bad way to produce energy.

Magnetically or inertially confined fusion can achieve much much higher temperatures, which allows for more efficient fusion power.

@greg Are you planning on using Inertially or magnetically or combination of both confinement for the fusion? For the first and third type, a large spherical chamber would be best, and for the second a torroidial chamber would be best. Though i assume you will be using magnetically as you mention a plasma liquid (contained in a ring shape), in the inertial types this plasma would be confined to the center of the spherical chamber (looking sorta like a sun, but contained via a very different mechanism)

For efficient fusion, the plasma needs to be at an effective temperature of over 10^8K (the center of the sun is only about 2-3*10^7K)

In magnetically confined fusion, the plasma is actually at this temperature thermodynamically, so the hot plasma needs to be contained, and usually a ring shape is chosen for easy of containment/heating. This is relatively easy to obtain the needed temperature, and no internal components will be affected by the plasma.

For inertially confined fusion, this effective temperature is obtained via a non thermodynamic means. If you accelerate a singly charged ion (say dueterium) with a 1V accelerator, you get an effective temperature of 11,605K, so, using 10kV, you get 10,000 times that, or 116,050,000K, which is over the amount needed. The thermodynamic temperature of the plasma is still very low (relative to the effective temperature), so if there is a containment failure, there would be little to no damage. The problems are using purely electrostatic systems, the central acceleration grid will decay very quickly. using a combination of inertial plasma confinement and magnetic electron confinement, this can be solved by having the inner "grid" be composed of a ball of electrons.

The main advantage of the Inertially confined system is that it will look similar to an artificial star (although working on an entirely different principle), so might placate the people who want one of those.

• Another thingy report, this time from Traincraft, just three things this time:

• Official Post

Railcraft overrides vanilla minecart to make them stackable (up to three) and (i'm assuming) due high-speed rails, which is 3x times faster than powered rails.

Stackability can just be set. Or do you see me overriding Upgrades and Cakes?

GregTech overrides uranium cells due a problem on energy generation value (something related to config 5 : 1 instead of 1 : 5) to uranium cells, a fix needed for thorium cells.

Yes, I would remove it if there wasn't that Problem.

The expensivemacerator config is I think broken, it seems to do nothing.

Please make sure to properly update your Configfile, as since I moved to a Folder, there have been some changes.

I currently have to rewrite some Parts of my Recipe handling, because of an improvement to my OreDictionary-Unificator. The unificator will default to RP-Items too, as for example Storageblocks of other Mods, cant be used to make Microblocks, but their Recipes override the RP one (IC²-Storageblocks for example, as they use Oredict, what is disrecommended for Storageblocks), so I have to remove their Recipes, and to let my Autocrafting Table convert them into the RP-Storageblocks to make them compatible. Also It will default to the Gems of Redpower instead of my own Gems in the future and then all my Silver/Gems/Brass will be almost useless (you will have to use the Unificator-Mode on them).

This doesn't change anything of RP at all, its just depricating some of MY (and IC²s) Gems/Ingots/Storageblocks in favour of the correspondent and microblockslicable Redpower-Edition.

Btw. I will add a "Thermal Generator". It's able to produce 30000EU at 24EU/t from a Lavabucket (Like a Geothermal next to an IC²-Pump), you can pipe Lava (or other hot Fluids) in like normal.

And not to forget Nitro Coalfuel for Diesel Generators!

• Ah, that's why. I think I overlooked that post.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

Btw. I will add a "Thermal Generator". It's able to produce 30000EU at 24EU/t from a Lavabucket (Like a Geothermal next to an IC²-Pump), you can pipe Lava (or other hot Fluids) in like normal.

No passive generation like the one from adv generators ?
    By hot fluids, which ones do you mean? Plasma?

• Btw. I will add a "Thermal Generator". It's able to produce 30000EU at 24EU/t from a Lavabucket (Like a Geothermal next to an IC²-Pump), you can pipe Lava (or other hot Fluids) in like normal

What is the difference to a normal geothermal? I can pump lava into it too?

EDIT: Fail i didnt saw the last part :Y

But what about water mills? On my server there is a guy who really use only watermills + redpower2 to fill them with water buckets. any plans to a high tier version of than ? :P

• Official Post

V2.71a:
    Fixed some of my Bugs.
    Fixed the Recipes of IC2, which were conflicting with Redpower.
    if Redpower is installed, then all my Gems and Ingots in my Recipes will be overridden by the Redpower Gems and Ingots. You can convert old Items, via OreDictionary-Unification. That's no Modification of Redpower in any Way. I just made IC2 and GregTech nicer to Redpower.
    Added Thermal Generator.

• In response to 2.71a,

Hi Greg, can you hide your tin, silver, sapphire, ruby ingots and blocks from the NEI if Redpower is installed?

Also, smelting the tin IC2 dust still give your tin ingot, since you already change the smelting of silver dust might as well change the tin..

btw, :thumbup: for the better "lava" generator

• V2.71a:
    Fixed some of my Bugs.
    Fixed the Recipes of IC2, which were conflicting with Redpower.
    if Redpower is installed, then all my Gems and Ingots in my Recipes will be overridden by the Redpower Gems and Ingots. You can convert old Items, via OreDictionary-Unification. That's no Modification of Redpower in any Way. I just made IC2 and GregTech nicer to Redpower.
    Added Thermal Generator.

Not only am I okay with this, I think it deserves a 'good job, Greg'.

• Not only am I okay with this, I think it deserves a 'good job, Greg'.

Agreed, that's a very helpful change.

Tip for people wanting to convert ingots to RP version:

• Craft nuggets from ingots
    • Place in alloy furnace.