Suggestion: Make the nano saber better

• As it is now, it takes two hits to kill a monster with the nano saber; just as much as with a chainsaw or a diamond sword. So if you already have either of those, there's no real point in making a nano saber.

To balance this out I suggest either making the nano saber kill mobs in a single hit, or give it some other useful property like being faster, having an area of effect, stunning enemies or deflecting arrows.

• i think stunning enemys would be great :)
    but creeper + electricity (lightning/nano saber) = not so good :D

• Official Post

It's meant for PvP Servers, as it deals extreme damage against NanoSuits (and QuantumSuits). Imho it would have been to imba to give it a onehitkill, as you could just RMB,LMB,RMB kill any mob without much energy used.

• It's meant for PvP Servers, as it deals extreme damage against NanoSuits (and QuantumSuits). Imho it would have been to imba to give it a onehitkill, as you could just RMB,LMB,RMB kill any mob without much energy used.

Then why not go back to the drain energy every time you use it system? Give it just enough power for 20 hits but let those hits one shot. We already have the laser which can 1 hit enemies from across the map and it has enough charge for 10 shots. So why not let the sword do it too?

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• Then why not go back to the drain energy every time you use it system? Give it just enough power for 20 hits but let those hits one shot. We already have the laser which can 1 hit enemies from across the map and it has enough charge for 10 shots. So why not let the sword do it too?

The laser cannot onehit anything. You need 3 shots from the Mining, Long-Range or Scatter Mode to kill hostile mobs.

• You can one hit enemies in long range mode. I have done and it is a lot of fun though you only get 8 shots per charge. I figure if you have to run up to an enemy with the sword you should at least be able to one double that number of enemies if not more.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• If there is support for crits without modifying more base files, I think base damage of like 8 and crits for 10 would work well, as a small chance of one hits would be useful.

• Let saber to cut down trees faster! Then it will be useful in peaceful.
    And is it something like a Progressive Knife from Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• If there is support for crits without modifying more base files, I think base damage of like 8 and crits for 10 would work well, as a small chance of one hits would be useful.

In that case, let's just wait for the 1.8 update and see.. if anything, give it a higher crit. chance than the chainsaw or Mining drill

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• In that case, let's just wait for the 1.8 update and see.. if anything, give it a higher crit. chance than the chainsaw or Mining drill

Uhm, Not quite what I meant. I mean basically give the nanosaber a *CHANCE* of one-hitting mobs, since its higher tech, but letting you One-hit mobs would just make the game too easy. The chainsaw does not need the crit, I was just suggesting a way to increase the damage, without guaranteeing one-shot kills.

• Uh, what you are asking to do is currently impossible. All weapons and tools do fixed amounts of damage that cannot be randomized in 1.7.3 (at least I don't think they can, I've never seen a weapon mod with randomized damage).

Using the crit system in 1.8 is basically what you are asking for - making the Nano-saber more powerful without making it a guaranteed 1-hit. You see, the Nano-Saber already kills mobs in 2 hits. You can't really fraction that number much.

• Uh, what you are asking to do is currently impossible. All weapons and tools do fixed amounts of damage that cannot be randomized in 1.7.3 (at least I don't think they can, I've never seen a weapon mod with randomized damage).

Using the crit system in 1.8 is basically what you are asking for - making the Nano-saber more powerful without making it a guaranteed 1-hit. You see, the Nano-Saber already kills mobs in 2 hits. You can't really fraction that number much.

Hence why I said "as long as it does not modify any base files" Meaning it cannot be done at this time. And I know you cannot fraction that anymore.