I want to extract and compress zombie meat to gain leather.

• The title should probably be [Suggestion] Extract and compress rotten flesh to leather, I'm going to give this a +1, but I think that it should be just through an extractor or just through a compressor (most likely a compressor), I don't think we should have a coal chunk to coal ball to diamond-like scenario just for leather

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited once, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

new book recipe in 1.3.

Wow, I don't know how I missed this, the suggestion is like 2 sentences counting the title and I manage to miss this, my last post will be edited accordingly

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

I would say:

5 Rotten Flesh + Compressor = 1 Leather

Do you mean that the compressor has a 1/5 chance of making leather from rotten flesh, or that 5 rotten flesh can be crafted together and the result can be compressed into 1 leather?

• Official Post

Do you mean that the compressor has a 1/5 chance of making leather from rotten flesh, or that 5 rotten flesh can be crafted together and the result can be compressed into 1 leather?

No chances, just 5 rotten Flesh into Compressor (like the Recipe of 3 Netherrack -> 1 Netherbrick) and getting one Leather.

• No chances, just 5 rotten Flesh into Compressor (like the Recipe of 3 Netherrack -> 1 Netherbrick) and getting one Leather.

I found that recipe earlier today, but it doesn't work like 3 netherrack -> Nether Brick, you have to put 3 Netherrack in the Compressor, then it uses one of them to make a Nether Brick, and the remaining two stay in the input slot, and you can take them back out.

• Official Post

I found that recipe earlier today, but it doesn't work like 3 netherrack -> Nether Brick, you have to put 3 Netherrack in the Compressor, then it uses one of them to make a Nether Brick, and the remaining two stay in the input slot, and you can take them back out.

Are you sure?!?! That must be a Bug of 1.103, when this is true, because it wasnt like that in 1.97

• You people are evil. You want to extract and than compress zombies in to practical items. It sounds like some fake WW2 propaganda.
    Would it be possible to just give zombies a drop chance for leather?

• You people are evil. You want to extract and than compress zombies in to practical items. It sounds like some fake WW2 propaganda.

Potentially, but that would require Forge hooks into mob entity data (I think) and I don't think the Forge Devs are willing to do that. Besides, I like the idea of a complicated process, reminds me a little of the coal -> diamond process. Also gives me a chance to automate it.

If you can change what blocks drop you can probably do it to mobs, but I think people would prefer a more industrial way of doing things and I am personally starting to agree with the idea of first extracting it to get a purified zombie flesh and then using a compressor to gain the leather

• yea, extractor "extracts" its impurities, then compress the dehydrated flesh into an artificial leather

Never thought about it that way. I basically thought that the extractor was just a vacuum, and applied Gibbl to stuff... (I got the fake-items use of fake-units wrong :p) Easter Egg FOUND

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I found that recipe earlier today, but it doesn't work like 3 netherrack -> Nether Brick, you have to put 3 Netherrack in the Compressor, then it uses one of them to make a Nether Brick, and the remaining two stay in the input slot, and you can take them back out.

Works good for me.

You people are evil. You want to extract and than compress zombies in to practical items. It sounds like some fake WW2 propaganda.

You want to kill cows alive? You are evil ;)
    I do not like to eat Rotten Flesh and there is no other use for it.