[1.106] Experience from smelting in IC2 machines

• Official Post

Because its sole use its for enchanting (Also the fact that you lose some/all of it when you enchant) what i say that i should be called something like Life Essence or Mana or Coin their own term for that instead of exp.

I guess if they changed it after the snapshots everyone would be so used to saying xp or exp that it just would get stuck...
    Is there even an official naming? (in the game?)

• Official Post

I guess if they changed it after the snapshots everyone would be so used to saying xp or exp that it just would get stuck...
    Is there even an official naming? (in the game?)

Its called XP and EXP in the Code. Also "Experienceorb.class" is the Name of the Orb (at least how jeb has shown it on one of his Screenshots. I do not rely on MCP's translation for that Case), so i guess its experience.

• basically if you right click iron/gold from furnace you will receive all the xp. So here you go it works. Well i doesn't with left click.

Haha, yeah you're right - I knew I wasn't going insane imagining things :)

Wow, this quickly turned into a "Y U NO CALL IT ENCHANTMENT LEVELS" topic - can we try to keep this on-topic, please? :S

• Sorry to revive a dead topic, but could you make the furnaces give xp? I hate using the vanilla furnace all the time because it's so slow. You could add it as an option if you are concerned about people abusing macerator-furnaces.

• Sorry to revive a dead topic, but could you make the furnaces give xp? I hate using the vanilla furnace all the time because it's so slow. You could add it as an option if you are concerned about people abusing macerator-furnaces.

As of now, I don't think it is possible

On smelting and macerating in loops, Forge hasn't implemented XP metasmelting yet.

I don't think Forge has a hook for allowing XP from smelting yet

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

it already does, I get xp when removing stuff from the induction furnace fine. (the manual one not connected to the logistics network)
    doesn't work on modded items or ores yet though.

• Infinite XP farms are already around in vanilla. It's called a Mobavator. Generally, you build it around a mob spawner, then you have alternating water and sign up a pipe, with water pushing them across, then down a 20ish height. It doesn't kill them, just drops them to 1/2 heart, letting you punch them to death for as much xp as you like. Even better, using either a thrown potion of harm (or, for zombies and skeletons, thrown potion of healing), you can hit a TON of them at once.

• What are you going to use it on?

-typical conversation if infinite XP farms are allowed.

Its Fire aspect or flame, power is for bows, you can only get either sharp, BoA, or smite on a sword, and the max level for enchants is IV.

But yeah, the Xp from IC2 machines is VERY easily abusable, and an Ultra-pick is actully better than the drill, which equates to about a lvl 15 enchant, not counting the wood-level durability only made up for by the rechargableness.