Basics Missing

• Just some basic features missing from IC2:

Nr1: Biggest flaw in IC2 and most other mods out there...
    Inventory Space....for the love of god if you're gonna add blocks and items to the game add inventory space...that shitty little thing was designed for vanilla and can't take all the extra items...crap it can't even take vanilla anymore with all the extra items that were added since that thing was designed.
    And don't you dare say "use EE or Forestry..." NO! It's your responsibility....you add items...you add inventory space.
    Besides both EE and Forestry have issues:
    EE : great bags - crap OP mod
    Forestry : great mod - crap bags
    Actual Suggestion - add a simple bag to the game that would be crafted from rubber+wool+string that can be used to store items.
    size = 1 + IC2 items*(Inventory/Vanilla items)

Nr2: Something that just doesn't make sense...
    Quantum body armor...the most expensive piece of quantum gear yet has no special ability.
    Suggestion: make Lap-Pack part of recipe and add lap-pack functionality to quantum body armor
    Don't worry about it being OP because of storage size.....inventory space makes you go back home way before your drill/laser discharges your lap-pack anyway...or if you do...realise that quantum gear is OP because of storage size and nerf it.
    Also both nano suit and quantum suit could use an upgrade in the form of a energy level balancing system so all pieces would discharge at the same rate (%). I'm sure it's simple to implement...if you can balance heat between reactor components you can surely balance energy between 4 pieces of armor.

Nr3: Addon Incorporation
    there are some addons out there that really shouldn't be addons.
    I suggest you guys talk it out and try and make these addons that are used by most IC2 users part of the mod itself and just credit the creators.
    [Addon 1.95/1.97/1.103] UU Matter recipes for Redpower Materials v1.1 (uu recipes for rp2)
    and make more like this...for other mods....(I'm thinking apatite)
    [Addon 1.97]Transformers v1.3 - Convert IC2 & BC energy back & forth! (IC-BC power converters)
    [IC2 1.106] [UNIVERSAL] CompactSolars 3.0 now available. CompactSolars is now opensource! (compact solars)
    this one needs nerfing in the form of diamonds...something outputting 64 eu/t that's not a reactor should have diamonds in it... just change the recipes to use storage blocks instead of transformers... batbox, MFE and MFSU
    [Addon 1.95]Advanced Machines Original v1.5 (advanced machines)
    A not so strong yet valid case could also be made for nuclear control and mffs addons.

Nr4: Remove deadwood...
    When something ain't working don't hold on to it just for the sake of it....save what you can and remove the dead parts.
    Who uses IC2 fuel and biofuel?...nobody...why?...because it eats up tin to produce EUs and nobody is willing to pay tin for EU when you can get EUs in other ways, not to mention that the whole fuelcell/fuelcan concept is a BIG FAIL(serious pain in the ass).
    solution 1:
    scrapcell made out of 4 scrap in the same old shape to replace the tin cells in the making of H-coal and bio cells.
    remove fuelcan from process and burn the fuelcells directly into generator.
    solution 2:
    Change cells recipe to only use one tin capsule surrounded by 8 respective items and make 8 cells....so tin usage decreases 8-fold.
    drastically improve fuel can capacity...make it hold 16 cells or even 24.

Nr5: Security...
    Please look at the security system for machine access that SirSengir implemented in the latest Forestry and add something similar to the Nuclear reactor so that you can control if other players can change it's configuration (contents)
    Seriously Nerf the NUKE by making it's recipe more complex.(As someone else put it in a different suggestion :

"Making the nuclear bombs this much more complex and
    expensive would possibly make them more viable on multiplayer servers
    since griefers can't log in and get them in 1 hour." )
    I'm thinking maybe :
    :Uranium Cell: :Advanced Circuit: :Uranium Cell:
    :Advanced Machine: :Nuke TNT: :Advanced Machine:
    :Uranium Cell: :Advanced Circuit: :Uranium Cell:
    where :Nuke TNT: =TNT and :Uranium Cell: =Quad-uranium-fuelcell....16 uranium for a nuke sounds good.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Official Post

Nr1. Use the fudging TOOLBOX!!! Its part of Core-IC²
    Nr2. Quantumarmorchestplate makes you immune to anything!!! And Comboarmor got denied already
    Nr3. WHAT!?! MY AWESOME ADDON IS NOT PART OF YOUR SUGGESTION!?! SHAME ON YOU!!!
    Nr4. Biofuel has a use for all, who want you use the Fuelbased Jetpack without wasting Coal on Coalfuel.
    Nr5. I made a Config for that Nuke-Recipe in my Addon.

• Nr1. Use the fudging TOOLBOX!!! Its part of Core-IC²
    Nr2. Quantumarmorchestplate makes you immune to anything!!! And Comboarmor got denied already
    Nr3. WHAT!?! MY AWESOME ADDON IS NOT PART OF YOUR SUGGESTION!?! SHAME ON YOU!!!
    Nr4. Biofuel has a use for all, who want you use the Fuelbased Jetpack without wasting Coal on Coalfuel.
    Nr5. I made a Config for that Nuke-Recipe in my Addon.

Nr1: The next time you refer to an item please read the wiki first and make sure you know what that item does...the toolbox is miles away from what I'm suggesting.
    Nr2: So does nano chest plate ... if quantum body armor had a skill it would be more ...complete....
    Nr3: I've seen your addon...you're crazy dude...useless complications
    Nr4: You didn't get this one...read it again.
    Nr5: I'm glad you liked at least one.

• N1: Alblaka is currently evaluating the idea to add some way to add invenctory space... probably as an armour piece form...

N2: Quantum armor can't charge and discharge intentionally, and u think that near totally invulnerability is not a special feature? u mad.

N3: this is true... they can actually integrate... but why? this work pretty well as it is... also, the more people working on mods, the more bigger this can become and the more easy is to keep all under control as anyone have to build HIS part of the mod... look at this like IC2 has the modules like RP2 but this are called addons instead.

N4: all liquids in IC2 needs tin cells in order to work... and until Al want a rework... this will stay like that... if u don't like use tin cells for biofuel, make wax capsules and use forestry's biofuel instead...

N5: this will be really cool! And also the nuke is kinda cheap IMHO

• Official Post

Nr1: The next time you refer to an item please read the wiki first and make sure you know what that item does...the toolbox is miles away from what I'm suggesting.
    Nr2: So does nano chest plate ... if quantum body armor had a skill it would be more ...complete....
    Nr3: I've seen your addon...you're crazy dude...useless complications
    Nr4: You didn't get this one...read it again.
    Nr5: I'm glad you liked at least one.

1. But it saves space
    2. No, Nanochestplate doesnt protect you from anything. It protects you only from normal Damage, but not from Lava, Potions, Electricity, Suffocation, Voidfalling and so on.
    3. You could switch anything, what you dont wanna have OFF in the Config.
    4. Of course i know what you were talking about, but removing Features is not really a good Idea, and i told you a way to use Biofuel.
    5. I already implemented it before your Suggestion, but with 4 Re-Enriched Cells (requires Nuclearreactor), 2 Uraniumblocks, 2 Adv. Circuits and an Advanced Machineblock.

• 1: Inventory size is a game design question about how mobile the author wants you to be, and with most things being stationary, you obviously shouldn't be too mobile. Whether or not the player likes that is a different question. For everything else there is a teleporter and the ender chest, although those are not helping on a nomad play-style.

2: Again, game design problem: The Quantum Suit makes you mostly invincible, the only drawback is that your electric items can no longer be recharged by your pack. If that pack would be integrated into the quantum suit, you would be invincible and have no drawbacks at all. Imo the whole quantum suit concept is too op to be reasonable even though you need massive amounts of EU to produce it. Once you have it, you basically won the game.

3: There are already some compatibility parts in IC² to work with RP, BC and other mods, but the more you add the more complex the whole thing becomes. It is already a nightmare to keep up with Forge/Minecraft development as you basically need to rewrite half of the code every 3 month. Add a few other mods, and you can hire a complete team just to keep the addon compatible. And not every other mod author is that cooperative, when I remember the result from the talk to Eloraam. So for a single hobby author leaving the task to make mods compatible to other people is a reasonable thing to do.

4: I would love to see some use for those dead parts instead of just removing them. Some things can easily be turned into viable options easily, e.g. I wrote a quick 3-line addon to change the recipe for dynamite and voilà they are a reasonable early-game alternative to mining. Similar things could be done to bio-fuel, for example making it a non-metallic Tier-0 set (compost reactor ;)), or giving it extra abilities that makes them an option compared to the usual way. This however requires time and thinking, and from my perspective it looks like the IC-team does not spend the major part of their day on advancing the mod.

5: Absolutely agree. You can't just build a nuclear reactor on a public server as griefers just need to flip out some components and boom there go your days of working. But just adding a pass-code to the reactor would cause people to just wrench it instead. There should be a way to secure reinforced doors, so they only open given a certain pass-code, then you can spend the resources and build a secure room for your reactor. This still would not stop all griefers, but building a laser before you can break in somewhere takes at least enough time to stop most server hoppers from griefing you.
    The nuclear bomb can be deactivated via config, and I strongly suggest to do that as a server admin. I would even go that far and deactivate it by default, as the bomb actually servers no other purpose than to create a huge explosion.

• 1. But it saves space
    2. No, Nanochestplate doesnt protect you from anything. It protects you only from normal Damage, but not from Lava, Potions, Electricity, Suffocation, Voidfalling and so on.
    3. You could switch anything, what you dont wanna have OFF in the Config.
    4. Of course i know what you were talking about, but removing Features is not really a good Idea, and i told you a way to use Biofuel.
    5. I already implemented it before your Suggestion, but with 4 Re-Enriched Cells (requires Nuclearreactor), 2 Uraniumblocks, 2 Adv. Circuits and an Advanced Machineblock.

:?: :?: :?: .....tell the truth...you've never had full nano armor on you, have you?...you're one of those people that wait till they get UU and get straight to quantum like direwolf20 ha?
    Dude...give yourself a nano set and jump in lava...see what happens...you'll be amazed at what 4 diamonds and some coal gives you.
    And about Nr4...you're hopeless...who said anything about removing features?...changing 2 recipes and removing one item from a production chain is not removing features.
    If the can would be removed from the generator fuels and cells would burn directly in a generator the filled can with 6 cells would still be used to refuel jetpacks
    and if not
    It would just have it's size increased to 16 or 24 and the flight time of jetpacks would be adjusted to that.

• Nr1: inventory space is not really a problem, ever heard of chests? you're not supposed to be able to carry everything with you at once
    Nr2: quantum makes you invincible, whether or not nano does the same, quantum lasts alot longer
    Nr3: how hard is it to download something? plus if ic2 took over these addons, they would have to keep it updated or let the creators join the team. Either way, it would be alot messier and complicated than making you click a dozen times
    Nr4: I agree that coal/bio fuel cells are useless, but why take it out? it's just more things for modders to use
    Nr5: I agree that reactors need security. As for nukes, why not just use the config and take them out? The only thing nukes can really be used for is griefing, doesn't matter if the griefer just started or has been playing a month. Plus, making it require a reactor wouldn't help because with x-ray mod, a griefer can get one up and running in under an hour.

• 1. There are these really nifty items called chests. I advise you use them, but if you think they are OP, feel free to disable them in the Config. (Oh... wait. Dammit) Anyway, Inventory space isn't a problem, because there are ways to store your stuff, and unless you are mining, you aren't harvesting blocks, and when you are mining, you are only getting new ores, and most of your Inventory is Cobblestone. Inventory space ≠ Problem with just IC2

2. It does. Nano-armour only did that because of a bug (I think) and the Quantum suit has more storage anyway. If you don't like it, don't use it.

3. No. That's not how it works. Anyone can create an Addon, if you don't want to spend five seconds to download it, sorry.

4. I use Biofuel, thank you very much. I built my house near a forest, and Chainsawed it down for about 300,000 EU. It's really only good before I get Geos, but the ability to produce it inside my house is very nice. It's a Mid-Game option, that feels balanced and good at it's current state. (Oh, and I use Coalfuel too, mainly in the early and late game, if I have excess coal.)

5. Hide your base. If this doesn't work, don't play on large, public servers. If that doesn't work, well, yeah, security would be nice. But, since I play on a small private server with my friends, it's nice to be able to see how someone else set up their reactor.

(I bolded the important parts.)
    (Greg's Addon rocks. Don't want it, don't use it.)

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I think your best solution would be to go into your mods folder and delete your ic2.jar...

No, really.. do it now...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I have to say that mcmz4e have actually some point. But well demands are somehow... odd.

1. I like idea of some sort of nice and IC2-ish inventory item. Like a industrial backpack. But hell, not for all item. I like forestry approche to backpacks. I would see a backpack that will hold some additional inventory like 4-8 slots at max, and have a functionallity of batpack (with lower EU storage, or more expensive). Slots in this backpack will be as rechargeslots from generators. This way items could be charged in inventory. And to this backpack would go items that are electric tools. (Batteries, or crystals?). It also could be pants, like 'working pants'. Or something like... New idea so don't be too harsh.

But in all, don't know why IC2 backpacks would give something that is in other mods, or give just extra storage for mining. Really don't know why such idea...

2. I had sayd, that armors in IC2 are missing something for me... but hell... I am writing an addon, so I can adjust game experience :)

3. leave addon in peace. Don't even say a thing about making them core. 1st thing try to write a addon/mod. 2nd try to mantain bigger mod that IC2 is. Then we can disscuss things like merging addons.

4. I am usually recycling tin, or copper in late game... So I don't really care using tin for EU... same with batpacks, most of players make one. I do couple of them... same with armors... most of players don't use too much nano armor, or bronze. I do. Really nice thing. Same with solar helmet in late game. I also use fuel jetpacks. I also use windmills. I also use scrapboxes (lottery!). I also use coffe. And so on. IC2 is for me like a no. 1 mod. And like every part of it. Even constantly exploding nuclear reactor. Another thing is that I don't really need nuclear reactors. Cause when I can afford one, I usualy have tons of UE from generators, watermills, windmills, solar panels, bio fuel generators, and geothermal... So why I build nuclear ones? Just for fun. Probadly I will build much more cause of LAN in mc. And why not to make a nuclear one in every base? that sounds also fun :)

5. security? MFFS :) and You have a solution :) IC2 is wonderful mods cause so many cool addons and integrations to other mods. I didn't really see other mod that will give so much. Maybe buildcraft. But other mods are just monolithic thing that have complete set of features, and that is all. Look at red power. New things are really not so often in that mod. same railcraft, same forestry, same EE, same most of mods. on IC2 every month we have at least one greate idea, and every week we have some nice addon to install.

And other notes in topic. Greg tech = awesome. Really. Only two things are for me not so nice. Solar panels recipe, and irridium ore. Solars cause it make solar helmet a late/mid game item, and I like idea of early game item that can be use to power batpack, and give light (light helmet). Irridium ore, well... I send like 2 hours mining for irridium once... And when I asked on IRC how deep is irridium, and they answered that on -10 layer... So, well... I do tend to make that joke on others... But hell. GregTech is awesome cause of configs. You can customize it in 100%.

• Nr2. Quantumarmorchestplate makes you immune to anything!!! And Comboarmor got denied already

Not in v 1.97, at least. With only the chestplate i still got damaged, only half of normal, but still... i needed to wear the whole suit to be fully protected.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Not in v 1.97, at least. With only the chestplate i still got damaged, only half of normal, but still... i needed to wear the whole suit to be fully protected.

Althought you didn't get his point you actually make a very very good point...quantum armor does in fact not give you full immunity to damage...the whole suit does that..all other pieces have abillities that come into effect with just the intem equipped but the chestplate does not....so yeah the quantum chestplate is just an overpriced nano chestplate (hold 10X energy costs more than 10x).