[1.3.2] Open Beta v1.107

• i'm having game freezes (from 1 to 10 seconds) while having the nano saber activated. The game defreezes enough time so the nano saber does it's "activated" animation and then the game freezes again...

Strange thing is that i've been able to kill some mobs before any of this started to happen.
    When i've managed to exit and enter the level again (no minecraft restart) the freezing issue still happens, but the animation is not playing (maybe it's not the animation? :huh: ). Exiting minecraft and entering again made the issue disappear, though.

When the issue starts it doesn't end until you exit the game, so maybe it's not nano saber related...

• This

i'm having game freezes (from 1 to 10 seconds) while having the nano saber activated. The game defreezes enough time so the nano saber does it's "activated" animation and then the game freezes again...

Strange thing is that i've been able to kill some mobs before any of this started to happen.
    When i've managed to exit and enter the level again (no minecraft restart) the freezing issue still happens, but the animation is not playing (maybe it's not the animation? :huh: ). Exiting minecraft and entering again made the issue disappear, though.

When the issue starts it doesn't end until you exit the game, so maybe it's not nano saber related...

This is really not an IC2 issue. I know the issue you talk of very well and it's a memory issue related to Minecraft/Java.
    Basically, what's going on is this. Minecraft has used up all it's available resources and is now trying to cache on your hard drive. When it starts "freezing", pop open task manager and notice the memory javaw.exe is taking up (assuming you're using windows) It's probably around 1800mb at this point. You will also notice your pagefile is growing like mad man. Services.exe will also start spiking CPU.
    It doesn't matter how much system memory you have, Java doesn't seem to care too much about that unless you setup your memory allowances in Java. Also check your system logs after the freezing issues occur, you will notice (if you have nVIdia anyway) that it will be reporting OpenGL memory allocation issues.

I know you may be thinking that you haven't had this issue BEFORE installing the mod or maybe even the updated mod. IT doesn't really matter. Using mods, especially with the new Forge ModLoader seems to allocate a lot more memory than before. Not everyone is going to experience this issue. But if you are running a slightly lower end PC, don't have Java setup to work with over 2GIG ram, and you are running a budget video card (with less than 2GIG VRAM), this issue will creep up once in a blue moon. Closing minecraft and restarting it will ALWAYS clear the issue up because your memory dumps.

• When using rubberboots, i was invincible, the item id was like this: rubberbootsID:-173
    i dont recall the damage value of it, but it was negative, then i took a trip to the nether and when blazes did fire at me, i was burning and stuff but i didnt took any dmg, until i took off the rubber boots

• Snyke, I'm not sure, but everything worked more that fine until I installed 107.35, I will try doing some things.
    EDIT:I was messing with newer vesions of forge and that kept crashing, so I downgraded Forge and a lot of the configs got messed up. One of those was from your transformers mod. I deleted some of my configs and it works because the Item ID didn't exist before.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Edited 2 times, last by SteveofDoom ().

• When using rubber boots, i was invincible, the item id was like this: rubberbootsID:-173
    i don't recall the damage value of it, but it was negative, then i took a trip to the nether and when blazes did fire at me, i was burning and stuff but i didn't took any damage, until i took off the rubber boots

On multiplayer servers damage values don't always display correctly, especially in the case of lap packs and mining lasers, the sprite simply updates when you click to take it off.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• This

This is really not an IC2 issue. I know the issue you talk of very well and it's a memory issue related to Minecraft/Java.
    Basically, what's going on is this. Minecraft has used up all it's available resources and is now trying to cache on your hard drive. When it starts "freezing", pop open task manager and notice the memory javaw.exe is taking up (assuming you're using windows) It's probably around 1800mb at this point. You will also notice your pagefile is growing like mad man. Services.exe will also start spiking CPU.
    It doesn't matter how much system memory you have, Java doesn't seem to care too much about that unless you setup your memory allowances in Java. Also check your system logs after the freezing issues occur, you will notice (if you have nVIdia anyway) that it will be reporting OpenGL memory allocation issues.

I know you may be thinking that you haven't had this issue BEFORE installing the mod or maybe even the updated mod. IT doesn't really matter. Using mods, especially with the new Forge ModLoader seems to allocate a lot more memory than before. Not everyone is going to experience this issue. But if you are running a slightly lower end PC, don't have Java setup to work with over 2GIG ram, and you are running a budget video card (with less than 2GIG VRAM), this issue will creep up once in a blue moon. Closing minecraft and restarting it will ALWAYS clear the issue up because your memory dumps.

I would love to check that, but since it's a random issue i can't take values until the issue occurs, but for what i know java won't let you pass the program memory limit (1024MB by default i think) so that would simply crash with an out of memory exception.
    Paging memory to disk shouldn't freeze the game like 10 seconds but slow it down, wouldn't the problem would spread across every app running on the system (as the OS is busy moving programs from and to main memory)?

In any case, if you're right, that doesn't say anything good about forge programming...
    Btw, in idle the game stays between 150~300 MB of memory, so where should that difference (from 1800MB) come from? ?(

By now i'll try using 64bit java and setting stack size and heap size to 1GB and see what happens, but i don't think this is a memory issue.

• I can't help with the rubber boots and batpack issues. Player is the armor guy and he's gone missing.

I have a request for those with resetting keybinds.

- Set keybinds
    - Close MC
    - Start it again, but with a console log
    - Post the console log

• well, i will attempt to push some commits here:

itemdebug:

++

Code
    if (var11 instanceof TileEntityWindGenerator)
    						{
    							TileEntityWindGenerator var22 = (TileEntityWindGenerator)var11;
    							IC2.platform.messagePlayer(var2, "WindGenerator: Obscurations=" + var22.obscuratedBlockCount + " Wind Power: " +IC2.windStrength);
    							return true;
    						}

++

Code
    if (var11 instanceof IReactorChamber)
                        {
                            IReactor var26 = (IReactor)((IReactorChamber)var11).getReactor();
                            IC2.platform.messagePlayer(var2, "Reactor: Heat=" + var26.getHeat() + " MaxHeat=" + var26.getMaxHeat() + " HEM=" + var26.getHeatEffectModifier() + " Output=" + var26.getOutput());
                        }

++
    tileentitycrop
    rightclick
    lastline-1

Code
    if (var2.itemID == Ic2Items.debug.getItem().shiftedIndex){return true;}

This additions will allow to measute reactor by chambers, measure windgen params, and debug crops without asyncs, everything already running on my server.

• I also Installed EE3 Pre-alpha Compiled and the keys also reset. And does someone know what is side inventory key all about?

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

• Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Quantum Helmet seems to be chewing up EU like a mofo. I've used it for some time and could go quite awhile without recharging it, now it seems after 1.107, even after a quick mining trip, it's depleted quite a bit.

I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure I was only missing 3 hunger bars, mounted the helmet, and it ate up like 200,000 EU. Perhaps this rate is intended, but seems harsh.

Vanguard

• Is it the fault of Ic2 or other mods not using a updated ic2 api that Ic2 ores aren't being registered in mods like forestry (they dont go into the miners backpack) railcraft (rock crusher can't crush ic2 ores into dusts) nether ores (can't macerate ores) and I'm guessing others but those are a few that i've tested. I'm using the absolute latest forge build and using the open beta from this thread.

• Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Quantum Helmet seems to be chewing up EU like a mofo. I've used it for some time and could go quite awhile without recharging it, now it seems after 1.107, even after a quick mining trip, it's depleted quite a bit.

I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure I was only missing 3 hunger bars, mounted the helmet, and it ate up like 200,000 EU. Perhaps this rate is intended, but seems harsh.

Vanguard

Good, that at least something uses energy.

Is it the fault of Ic2 or other mods not using a updated ic2 api that Ic2 ores aren't being registered in mods like forestry (they dont go into the miners backpack) railcraft (rock crusher can't crush ic2 ores into dusts) nether ores (can't macerate ores) and I'm guessing others but those are a few that i've tested. I'm using the absolute latest forge build and using the open beta from this thread.

You need to furnace nether ore to make it a normal ore.. Then you can macerate the normal ore. After that you can Smelt it to ingots. If the first step would be possible Then what would come out... ?

Does nobody except me know how to use that thing?

completely useless thing in it's current implementation.

it shoud hook allocation calls and prevent dublicates creation, if IC2 register copper for ID 42, any other mod that attempt to register copper shoud recive already created instance with ID 42 and params from IC2.

Not allocation over 9001 different coppers and generate 999999 recipes for every varian.

• Half a meat chunk refilled with the Quantum Helmet costs 10,000 EU, poison removal also costs 10,000 EU and air refill costs 1,000 EU.

• I get this while trowing a lot of scattered mining lasers (keep pressed right button)