how do splitters work?

• i have a question i don't quite understand how splitters and detector cable work. can i apply a redstone current to them? or do they only emit a redstone signal themselves.

• There's a wiki for this stuff you know? Anyway, splitters shut off eu flow when redstone current is applied, detectors do the opposite, they emit redstone current when eus flow through them.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• if thats the case why is it that in 1.3.2 i apply a redstone current with a lever nothing happens? i read the wiki but i asked because it wasn't working. thought maybe i did somthing wrong.

• they don't appear to work at all TBH i've applied using torches levers using both with redstone dust but nothing is sadly working.

• Official Post

For the above, blame Eloraam

Vanillaredstone has the same behaviour, so its not Eloraams fault, when she made it like the vanilly redstone. And as i said, use the indirect Redstone too like everyone else does. It is not annoying when a Detectorcable powers a Splittercable. Its annoying when you have to put two times more Redstone around it, just to make these damn things work.

• For the above, blame Eloraam

Why Redpower2 Jacketed Wire connects perfectly with Splitter and Detector cables, not that it's much help as still no RP2 for 1.3.2.

// First, try to add to a nearby chest
    // Second, try to add to adjacent pipes
    // Lastly, throw the object away
    code comments in Buildcraft litterbug quarry

• Would it be possible for someone to release a patch for this that enables indirect redstone behavior on the splitter cable? I would love it even more if it could be created for IC2 1.103 and IC2 1.106. A large part of the IC2 user base is still on 1.25.

• Yeah, splitter cable behavior is a major pain in the ass.

I found a small workaround, if the cable is encased in CF it becomes a solid block and behaves a bit more sanely, you can put a lever directly on it to power it, etc.

I have no idea why the devs are so stubborn about changing it, every single other mod manages to get it right, except IC2.