Industial Beacon (IC Beacon Block version)

• As of new snapshots of minecraft seems tha mojang will add the beacon block (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Beacon).

IC Developers coud add an electric version of the beacon that works whith electicity and could emit different buffs at the same time (ex. speed 1 could cost 100 eu/t speed 2 200 eu/t and so on) it could accept EV and would have 1 beacon in the recipe.

What do you think?

Sorry For my bad english i'm italian...

• Generally, IC2 tries to stay away from magic

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I don't wanna flame but beers don't give buffs?

It's not really magic if it is given in a technological way, the way your idea has been presented is more like an electrical beacon block.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Yeah it's true :thumbup:

You could use the secret meterializing blueprints of UUM (Feed him whith UUM to keep alive the buff)

Sorry For my bad english i'm italian...

• I don't mind the idea but as said earlier, the IC2 devs tend to keep away from magic, and i dont think this would really fit in, and, the pyramid has to be solid, so you couldn't power it from underneath, do you'd have to power it from the side. :(

• I hate to break the news to Al, but as someone mentioned before, turning rocky rust into ferrous metal without a reducing agent is magic.

True, but remember it is Minecraft. ;)

:Glass Fibre: makes the world go 'round.
    Oh, did I say the world? I meant EU.

Need cheap, sustainable, energy? Answer: Superfuel. LOTS of superfuel.
    --Chicken approved! MinecraftChicken <-- "Get the f*** away from my coal."

And if it wasn't obvious enough, my IGN is PotatOS55. :Matter:

• I hate to break the news to Al, but as someone mentioned before, turning rocky rust into ferrous metal without a reducing agent is magic.

Yes but you can imagine macerator contain tank filled with reducing agent ... and this is not the important thing. When he said "to keep awy from magic", he didn't mean "to be more realistic" . As PotatoSomething said, it's MINECRAFT, the game where you can carry 36*64 m^3 of rock with your little hands ...

When Alblaka sayd he do not want to deal with magic, he means he didn't want to implement non-technological features. What can be considered as "unrealistic" in IC² can't be considered as "magic" but as "coming from Science Fiction".

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Googling for "macerator" returns mostly IC2. Is it a real thing?I thought macerators crash to dust and centrifuge ores or something.

Also think that difference between "technology" and "magic" in IC2 is mostly cosmetic. Give Thaumcraft stuff technological-sound names and graphics - and it will be as "tech" as IC2. May be more :)

• Googling for "macerator" returns mostly IC2. Is it a real thing?I thought macerators crash to dust and centrifuge ores or something.

Also think that difference between "technology" and "magic" in IC2 is mostly cosmetic. Give Thaumcraft stuff technological-sound names and graphics - and it will be as "tech" as IC2. May be more :)

When I wrote the entry for here, I had no idea so I just guessed on the interlocking gears part, seriously Alblaka, what is a macerator?

• I guess we can't continue argueing here ... it's your opinion, not the mine, and probably not the one of the Dev-Team.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Ew, just found out what a macerator is. They're usually used to mince poop into manageable bits.

Back to topic:
    I can only think of two ways adding an area effect block into IC.

1. Block that distributes NanoBots into the air to induce different effects to your body. It's very utopian, thus unlikely to happen.
    2. Wireless energy block, that recharges your electrical armor. This idea I actually really like.

• There is a ChargePads addon that if you stand on the the block it will charge any IC2 + addon items and your IC2 + addon armor.

But for what he "suggested", it would need having 1 chargepad per block² --'

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I hate to break the news to Al, but as someone mentioned before, turning rocky rust into ferrous metal without a reducing agent is magic.

Furnace :
    Iron ore (Hematite) + Coal (or anything that has carbon in its composition, aka burnable) = Iron (Ingot) + Dioxide Carbon (CO2)
    C + 1/2 O2 -> CO
    Fe2O3 + 3CO -> 2Fe + 3CO2

Electrical Furnace :
    Fe2O3 (liquid) ------Electricity-----> 2Fe + 3/2 O2

The way MC turns ore into ingots is not that magical, neither is IC².

• hate to say it spawnX, but you didn't correctly balence your chemical equations:

2C + O2 -> 2CO
    Fe2O3 + 3CO -> 2Fe + 3CO2

Electrical Furnace :
    2Fe2O3 (liquid) ------Electricity-----> 4Fe + 3O2

you can't have fractional coefficients :P
    (also took the liberty of adding in subscripts so it's more readable)
    edit: btw it's called carbon dioxide, you always put the oxygen name last in scientific nomenclature

• F4113nb34st You can have fractional coefficients if it is convinient or more natural (for example when writing series of similar reactions). Also for example in Polish you put "oxide" first.

In IC2 it seems that macerator is making electrochemical reduction (for example you get iron dust with grey colour). It would be very inefficient in comparison to coal based reduction. I think the best metal processing system is in TFcraft, it is not 100 % realistic, but plausible.

In minecraft there are very many simplifications, for example how could you make torch from stick and coal? IC2 isn't at all realistic mod, it is more in style of TV science fiction (or fictional science).

• How about an electrical field based on an alternate variant of the Tesla Coil?

You'd have to wear Nano or Quantum armor to receive certain effects from it, or have a tool that would benefit from the effects. Notably, long range charging station with possibility for over-charge, resulting in higher efficiency. The EU requirements would be massive, though. Every EU sent to the player would require an extra EU per, say, every block away from the coil to maintain a full transfer.

An advanced variant or addon device would allow you to determine which direction the power is sent in. Up, down, left, right, backwards, forwards, and spherical.