[1.4.2] Open Beta v1.108

• Check the IC2 tab, everything is there.

Uhmmmm, no. Most IC2 armour is in the armour tab, canned food and terra wart are in the food tab, chainsaw is in the tools tab, and the reinforced door is in the redstone tab. All these items do NOT appear in the IC2 tab.

Another minor bug: If you use the mining laser in creative mode, it appears as if it stays fully charged, but actually it runs out of energy after excesive use. Charging the laser then in a MFE updates the charge bar correctly. (A lapback gets drained correctly, after it's empty the laser shows the same behaviour.)

• Mining laser is not working on the anvil block. It seems to block the laser. (tested all the modes. Explosive only makes it fall down the hole the explosion made). Don't know if its intended or not.

Also there is no sound of any IC2 machines except of the "out of power" thingy from macerators.
    The mining laser explosive mode does not make any sound either.

Versions: MC 1.4.2, Forge 6.0.1.341, IC2 1.108.57-lf

• This isn't a bug but, would it be possible to have a config option to reduce luminators from 10k EU internal storage to 1 EU?

The reason I ask is a few hardcore people, including myself and friends would love to use them to add a bit of realism (power going out = no lights) but the crazy internal storages prevent that at the moment. :)

This isn't a bug but, would it be possible to have a config option to reduce luminators from 10k EU internal storage to 1 EU?

The reason I ask is a few hardcore people, including myself and friends would love to use them to add a bit of realism (power going out = no lights) but the crazy internal storages prevent that at the moment. :)

while I'm at it, migh as well make this an offical addon ;)

there will be an addon for this shortly

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Also with anvils, if you put 2 empty lapotrons crystals (haven't tested with anything else) in an anvil, you get a slightly repaired lapotron, but it doesn't have any EU in it, but you do loose one of the lapotons, and since you can't repair lapotrons in your normal crafting grid, I guess this is a bug?

• You seem to be registering ingots with the OreDictionary in the preinit stage, so we aren't able to register a OreRegisterEvent listener before they are registered. Also, did the OreDictionary name of dusts change?

• Official Post

You seem to be registering ingots with the OreDictionary in the preinit stage, so we aren't able to register a OreRegisterEvent listener before they are registered. Also, did the OreDictionary name of dusts change?

I am able to register mine even before preInit, and it works flawlessly.

The Oredictname of Dusts is "dustYourname". I know there are a few people who thought: HEY LETS MAKE IT "itemDustYourname"!, but those are just Hipsters.

• Got the first. Second happens due to anvils being too strong - I'm gonna see if it works as reactor shield and if yes nerf it.

strongly advice to switch from direct ID comparison to something more viable, maybe enum every registered block on postinit stage and blacklist every block with resistance negative or resistance over 1000, this will provide great compatability with other mods.

and yes, anvils provide 6000 blast resistance (also you forgot enderchest)

• GregoriusT speaks...

Stop talking Greg, there's mllions of people dying in the world because your IC2 add-on is not yet released for 1.4.2 ! :love:

No bug at least for me, you, RichardG, correct them quicker than i can found them... Thanks a lot.

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• I am able to register mine even before preInit, and it works flawlessly.

The Oredictname of Dusts is "dustYourname". I know there are a few people who thought: HEY LETS MAKE IT "itemDustYourname"!, but those are just Hipsters.

I can't easily register ours before preinit because of the way Metallurgy is constructed. I could, but it would take a quite a bit of restructuring.

Well dang, time to rename all my dusts for IC2 again :P

• Official Post

Stop talking Greg, there's mllions of people dying in the world because your IC2 add-on is not yet released for 1.4.2 ! :love:

Lol, no single official IC²-Addon is out for 1.4.2 so why caring about that? And as i said there are two possibilities:
    1. The IC²-Update to 1.4.2 is official.
    2. Redpower updates to 1.3.2, so that i can make at least a testrun.
    So bug Alblaka and Eloraam to update their Mods officially, before bugging me. (Thats not a permission to ask them for Releasedates! You may get banned if you do.)

I can't easily register ours before preinit because of the way Metallurgy is constructed. I could, but it would take a quite a bit of restructuring.

Well dang, time to rename all my dusts for IC2 again

My OreDictionaryHandler is able to detect both Versions of the naming. I just check if the String endsWith "ustCoal" and begins with either "dust" or "itemDust".

There are 5 Loadphases with Forge:
    1. The Constructor of the Mod itself (where i initialize my Oredicthandler)
    2. preInit (config only)
    3. Init (registration of Blocks, Items, TileEntities and Oredictionarystuff)
    4. postInit (recipes)
    5. serverStarting (resetting Ingame-Values, like my IDSU-List)

My OreDictHandler just saves all the incoming Events in an ArrayList and executes them in the postInit-phase.

I wonder when Alblaka realizes, that i just called him a Hipster in my previous Post. :D

• I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but when I loaded a saved game that I was playing using IC2(before the new Minecraft update) and when I tried to use the beta none of the items that a previously had/made show up.