[1.4.2] Open Beta v1.108

• Official Post

Those IC² armored mobs are good for fun (in my opinion), makes us scared of mobs once again =D. However i think those mobs should have a better AI (hide themselves, ambush and such), use more IC² items and ...

Villagers could also have a better interation with IC² with villages grow up in tech and size as you trade with them (trade-o-mats) [maybe some kind of millenaire integration?]

• I don't know if this is supposed to go here, but with the older version of the beta I didn't get this crash.

This is the MultiMC crash log

And I will attach the FML log

Edit: Whoops, I had optifine loading before forge I think, because when I swapped them in place, it works again

• I fixed that in the latest beta update.

Stopping my server right now and updating :D Thank you very much!

Any Chance that you add the changes for the lastest release to changelog at the startpost?

• Official Post

Updated to 1.107.71, adding EXPERIMENTAL Railcraft steam outputting reactors. I also separated the energy part from the core reactor, so there MAY be bugs with the regular reactor.

To enable them, you gotta set enableSteamReactor to true in the config, then reactors will output steam, balanced vs. the turbine output.

1.107???

Does that mean that Reactors are from now on Steamboilers?

• Nuclear reactors are indeed steam boilers. After all, reactors only heat up water to create steam. Which later powers the turbine. Well, a lot of people wanted more realistic reactors. So, here you go.

• Those zombies just have a lot more health/armor and deals 6 damage (hard/unarmored). Still easy since it is only one, if a horde of them could possibly spawn, then runaway or you are dead =D .

@Greg : Make Quantum/NanoSuit zombies/skeletons drop "damaged" parts of respective armor they wear, those needs to be repaired by player using lots of stuff, but less than making an armor from scratch. Possibly those armor dropped by mods are "upgraded" (enchanting), making players look for those [motivate mob hunting].

I have a grinder built around a zombie spawner....have seens zombies with gold iron and chain and even leather armor but i haven't seen any in bronze or nano...only natural ones can have nano?...or can the ones from spawner also have nano on?

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Nuclear reactors are indeed steam boilers. After all, reactors only heat up water to create steam. Which later powers the turbine. Well, a lot of people wanted more realistic reactors. So, here you go.

On that note I think it would be cool if reactors didn't create power until you put a turbine block ontop of them which would convert the steam into electricity.

• On that note I think it would be cool if reactors didn't create power until you put a turbine block ontop of them which would convert the steam into electricity.

Just a simple config option for that, and everyone can use the reactors the way they prefer! I like your idea :)

• Hrm. Game keeps hanging on world-gen with the latest beta install, but works fine sans IC2. Specifically, it never gets past loading dimensions:

I would post a crash log, but it never actually crashes. May deliberately set up an ID clash just to get a crash log, so I can list the mods I'm using, if that'd be helpful?

• Hmm... using the latest update of 1.108 won't let the game start, Forge doesn't seem to recognize the current version. keeps giving me the error that I don't have the mod.

Here's the forge log

Have you tried redownloading the jar? It seems the file is damaged.

• The Reactor producing steam is great idea (because its how real reactors work, even fusion reactors are just big kettles)

I dont think the steam converted to EU is the same amount as the reactor outputing just EU, but I did not made extensive tests, on the first glance it looks like the reactor is outputing too few steam.

I think the reactor should use water too. (creatign steam out of nothingness is a bit weird, reailcraft boilers do need water input)

Maybe there shoul be block like heat exchanger, that is put adjecent to reactor, and it serves as water input/steam output, because the reactor has limited amount of sides. Or maybe the reactor shuld be redone to the 3x3x3 big block like the iron tanks are so it has more places to connect the pipes.

• i like its shape atm, its unique. and i don't think it should be redone, maybe it only makes steam if there is at least one water block on a face of the reactor?