[Suggestion] Villagers being able to use Trade-o-Mats

• Basically the idea is making the Trade-o-Mats capable of trading with the villagers. The villagers see the Trade-o-Mat, when they are inside a certain radius (5 blocks maybe) they compare their offers with the Trade-o-Mat, and if the offers match, they make one transaction. After that, the Trade-o-Mat will not make new transactions for a short amount of time (to prevent emerald farming and discourage players of using this system as the exclusive trading mechanic, I think).

But I know the idea is not as easy as it sounds. First of all, it is needed to know how do the trading mechanics work in the code, and then, how the Trade-o-Mats could interact with the villagers, know the offers they have and make transactions when the offers match.

The offers match only if the following conditions are met:

1. The item selled/bought is the same between the villager and the Trade-o-Mat (a bit obvious)
    2. The Trade-o-Mat must agree with the Villager in the price. If a Villager buys, by example, 20 wheat for one emerald, the trading only can be made if the Trade-o-Mat sells 20+ wheat for 1 emerald.

That's it. Hope you like.

• im sorry, it would require more then forge hooks AI upgrades etc, all villagers should even have an randomly generated inventory which changed randomly.

i dont see it hapen

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• If I'm not mistaken, Villager need to know Player as good to trade with him. Trade-o-mat is not a player, so why to trade?

• Hurr, all those Basefile-Derps around here. I tell ya what: YOU NEED NO SINGLE BASEFILEMODIFICATION TO DO SO!!!

Just let the Trade-O-Mat check the trade of the Villager and then use it!

Do i see an automatic trade-o-mat in Gregtech's future :P

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Official Post

Hurr, all those Basefile-Derps around here. I tell ya what: YOU NEED NO SINGLE BASEFILEMODIFICATION TO DO SO!!!

Just let the Trade-O-Mat check the trade of the Villager and then use it!

This.

I appreciate people shooting down pointless ideas, but please don't reason your shots with stuff that is actually just a "I think it may is like that".
    At worst it needs Reflection, more likely less, to adress the villager's trade-offer. Of course in effect it will not be the villager trading, but the Trade-O-Mat exchanging items (imitating a trade), but it pretty much has the same effect.

• Official Post

If it comes true it would have a nice use :

• Alblaka: Is this Suggestion approved or just considered?

Judging by "I appreciate people shooting down pointless ideas" I would say neither

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• ofc you dont need any hooks to enum villagers and emuate trading, but villagers WONT come close by they own and this will end in 3*3*2 pit with hurge amount of vilagers inside and single trademat in center.

this will be something like EE or something like creative mode.

• Official Post

Add an AI to them and problem solved.
    Villager behaviour :
    Search for a trade-o-mat every 20 seconds, if one nearby 64 block radius matches his own trade he goes to it and trades.
    After trading villager tries to get away from the trade-o-mat.
    He won't trade again if he is trapped (cannot move/something similar).

• The only reason to ask for something like this, is 'cause you are too *static* lazy to go out an trade with the villagers yourself.

Anyway there is already a machine to do what you wish, its called a teleporter. Just run some rails over the top, push a minecart into the villager, and press the button. On some servers I'd made off with several entire villages that way. With the villagers at your base you can set them up in little booths with signs if you want.

// First, try to add to a nearby chest
    // Second, try to add to adjacent pipes
    // Lastly, throw the object away
    code comments in Buildcraft litterbug quarry

• Just run some rails over the top, push a minecart into the villager, and press the button.

That's genius! Why have I not thought of this before?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l