[Forum Suggestion] This forum is not a suggestion board for Minecraft

• One of the main reasons ideas get shot down on this board is because people seem to think it is a general suggestion board for Minecraft. Probably about 50% of the stuff on here is barely related to IC2, and should be a whole new mod. It seems the few good ideas (like the torch gun, *wink* *nudge*) get buried in "add space" and "moar tres" suggestions. Compared to these, lightning rods are a perfectly legitimate suggestion (apart from the fact they have been suggested so many times).

• I suggest that we don't suggest how people should do suggestions...

I also say that if a (or series of) suggestion is REALLY STUPID, that person should just be banned for their stupidity and/or ignorance...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I also say that if a (or series of) suggestion is REALLY STUPID, that person should just be banned for their stupidity and/or ignorance...

If you're talking about some people in particular, I think I know the guys

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• there is NO CHANCE that some random noob will make genius suggestion that will be instantly implemented.
    There is 0 suggestions from noobs that implemented in IC2.

I suggest to REMOVE this section completely, it stupid and useless.

• If you want to remove this section, you should also kick all users and make the forum invite only, otherwise you"ll get the only thing worse than stupid and useless suggestions cluttering the suggestion section- stupid and useless suggestions cluttering the entire forum.

• Eliav24

also kick all users and make the forum invite only

Kick all users who registered just to suggest (SHOCK CONTENT) space dimenstion right after registration, ignoring hive rules and search button.

Checked last page:

Electric piston lul what? wont happen.
    Could illuminators not melt ice vanilla related, need hack or basemod - wont happen.
    a remake of the end/new dimension- alternative endgame! HAYO - wont happen.
    Some piston fun vanilla related, wont happen.
    Micro Voltage Transformer hive rules - wont happen
    Nuclear bomb recipe rejected zillion times - addon implemented.
    Electrolytic Refining rejected multiple times already.
    Alternate upgrade path for NanoSuit hive rules - wont happen.
    Throwable Flare (mainly for diving .etc) cannot be implemented in current chunk format, not IC2 related.
    Wrenching process instead of immediate effect and variable durability/energy on wrench. someone forgot about electric wrench...
    A more realistic bronze recipe there is no realism in minecraft
    Recyclers need a fix HAYO flaming thread
    Iron Fences powered by the side of Magnetizers. will happen
    Add configurable quantum helmet food costs rejected zillion times - will happen
    Solar panel lag reduction idea addon implemented
    Nuclear reactor/crop almanac loot NEI
    Toolbox tweak wont happen

Nothing new, thash,thash,trash, this hive only for lulz.

• The only suggestions I think are valid are Illuminators, Flare, Q-Helmet Config, And Almanac loots.

No place to post stupid suggestions - no stupid suggestions.
    Dont need magic for this.

What will they do instead, PM Al? Sounds like fun for him...

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Eliav24
    why using copyright wars arguments?

Stolen copy != moneyloss.
    No suggestion hive != suggestions at other places.

Nanomanz
    icemelt not IC2 related, check thread for techinfo, and coder answer about it.

• there is NO CHANCE that some random noob will make genius suggestion that will be instantly implemented.
    There is 0 suggestions from noobs that implemented in IC2.

I suggest to REMOVE this section completely, it stupid and useless.

Not quite true, I think I had like 12 posts back when I made my first suggestion, a block that could alter crop's growth aspects, and it got added to the To-do-list; while it has not been added yet, it's not impossible to be a noob with a suggestion that gets approved.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Actually a lot of these are valid threads making a good point. Some of them are impossible (sadly) and some of them should really be implemented. So stop acting like the posts here are all shit. It seems we shoot down a lot of genuinely good ideas.

The only way to stop these suggestions is to completely isolate yourself as Eloraam has done. But I'm sure DW20 and many others still get spammed with suggestions for RedPower to pass on to Eloraam. Not a good idea in the slightest.

Really we need to delete bad threads immediately. Just get them out of the way.

• If people looked there, ideas already mentioned there wouldn't be posted spamed.

Remember the T****t guy from a while ago, the one that managed to post, in the wrong forum, a suggestion already done by GregTech and said that it should be added to T****t instead of saying it should be added to IC2? So long as guys like that exist, there will always be people that bypass all required reading to spam retarded suggestions that have been made before.

• I often notice that a newby suggestion culminates in a flamethread or bashthread.
    These suggestion should just politely be closed by a central authority (Like a Global mod, developper, or equivalent).

Some people will not listen to the input of other players, that's why a thread often ends when Alblaka or RichardG gives a final word on it (Locking aside.)
    I say to just lock the threads and setup the forum to delete any thread locked for 2 weeks.
    A compendium is useful for the developers themselves and involved members, random suggestion-spammers often don't bother to look.

You can't expect a forum to keep itself clean. You will either need to do it yourself or avoid letting troublemakers in.

If the forums were to become so hostile as to make it invite-only it will become a really quiet place overtime, as well as damaging the IC2 name.

We surely don't want ICF to become: 'The forums where input is not appreciated.'

*exaggerated, but it's to make a point*

Buildcraft – spilling items.™