Electric blocks retain charge when removed

• Should electric blocks retain charge after broken? 45

1. Yes, all of it (21) 47%
    2. Yes, most of it (11) 24%
    3. Yes, lose most of it (3) 7%
    4. No (9) 20%
    5. Indifferent (1) 2%

This is more a request for comments than a suggestion, but I want some feedback on that.

Yes, I got that idea from Thermal Expansion.

• I like it.

Question though. Will it retain its energy if an MFE is used to craft into an MFSU?

edit: My opinion on it is that if TE has a magical portable block that keeps energy used in BC/Forestry then so should IC2.

Edited 2 times, last by Req ().

• That would be cool (I'm bored having to wait a few minutes feeding my machines/massfab to properly dismount my storage devices not to waste EU). I don't know how many lines of code it would need, and hope it wouldn't be bugged, but I like it.
    It would also a way of running miners. I still find it slightly OP.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I think Alblaka denied it due to being OP. Imagine carrying an MFSU with you just to Power a Base far away.
    But its not really that OP, as you can do quite the same with Lapotrons and an Enderchest. And for the stackability: Who the fuck would carry around a Stack of MFSUs?
    Should this work with ALL Electric Blocks or only with the 3 Basic Storages? And If Generators are included, will Geogens contain their Lava after wrenching?

@MFE->MFSU-Crafting: Cant you just make the Itemblock for those having the "charge"-NBT and the ElectricItem stuff?

• Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Plus side: No more worrying about that misplaced block, especially in the early game when power is hard to get.
    Minus side: taking a bunch of MFSU to your temp base instead of having to build a mini generation facility. I think the availability of laptron crystals makes this point moot.

• I like this idea quite a bit. The only requirement that this needs is that you have to use the Electric Wrench on loseless mode, even for the Batbox. Also, when doing this, it should store as much energy as possible in your armor and storage devices in your inventory, before storing the remainder in the storage device.

P.S. To the above poster, there is a rating system. 1 line replies are sort of pointless.

• Don't like it for storage like the msu or mfsu, since it would make Energy Crystals and stuff useless besides recipes. I mean why carry a lapotron with me when i can make a MFSU that holds like 200000x times the lapotron capacity (Exaggerated numbers to make an impact... and because i forgot the actual ones.)

• Official Post

Would be good for accidental removal of storage boxes or geo-generators or whatever.
    Storage boxes/Generators with "charge" won't stack anyway, so it won't be that OP.

Don't like it for storage like the MFE or mfsu, since it would make Energy Crystals and stuff useless besides recipes. I mean why carry a lapotron with me when i can make a MFSU that holds like 200000x times the lapotron capacity (Exaggerated numbers to make an impact... and because i forgot the actual ones.)

Well, charging/decharging MFSU takes much longer than lapotrons, lapotrons will be a simple storage item to use mainly as components or inside machines (miner?).

• About 60% more power for a MFSU per used laptoron*, 50% more for a MFE per used crystal, 30% for batbox per used battery, and you"ll want a wrench. Not much of a breaker for batboxes and MFEs, especially considering the relative low price of RE batteries pack and relative low price for upgrading a crystal to a lapotron.

(basically, it's easier and more efficient to just use upgraded versions of storage items rather than blocks, except for a MFSU, which uses 10 times more diamonds than lapotron and holds 10 times the power,so not that much of a great big game breaker)

*it's crafted with 60% more diamond per lapotron, though

• Would be good for accidental removal of storage boxes or geo-generators or whatever.
    Storage boxes/Generators with "charge" won't stack anyway, so it won't be that OP.

Well, charging/decharging MFSU takes much longer than lapotrons, lapotrons will be a simple storage item to use mainly as components or inside machines (miner?).

They take the same amount of time a lapotron to charge/discharge WHEN you charge them to the same energy level than a lap. And with miners? Place Mfsu, same shit a few more components. If this change passes, i honestly see no reason whatsoever to have a lapotron/energy somewhere in my base, and if i need one i just craft it for the recipe and that it.

• Like Fenrix said, this would make the game too easy and OP, mainly because storage blocks beat "Portable" items in every way. I can't think of a single downside to using an MFSU as opposed to a Lapotron.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I'm leaning towards no, just because it might make other items pretty much useless, who the hell would carry around a lappack when you could carry around a 10,000,000 EU MFSU?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

I'm leaning towards no, just because it might make other items pretty much useless, who the hell would carry around a lappack when you could carry around a 10,000,000 EU MFSU?

Inconvenience of placing it/removing it , chance to get a creeper right beside you and blow it up?

• Inconvenience of placing it/removing it , chance to get a creeper right beside you and blow it up?

I don't know about you, but I never stop to do anything like even use a furnace or switch to a lappack unless the way ahead and back is fully lit up, also, inconvenience? I just don't see a down side, it would not charge instantly like a lappack does, but it would still contain way more energy for the cost of one extra inventory space (a wrench).

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Like Fenrix said, this would make the game too easy and OP, mainly because storage blocks beat "Portable" items in every way. I can't think of a single downside to using an MFSU as opposed to a Lapotron.

You've obviously never dropped a fully charged Lapotron in a pool of lava before...

Plus, there are some clever bastards out there that handle their energy in fuels rather than in EU Storage blocks because its much more convenient to do so in many cases (Curse you Teleport Pipes for no 1.4 Minecraft!)
    This is mostly because when you charge up a storage block, you have to go thru the hassle of fully discharging it as well when you need to upgrade/move said block to a new location when you redesign your base layouts.

Also, this change would not mean you could place an MFE/MSFU inside another EU accepting block to discharge it. You still have to place the block in the world, wire it up, and run the risk of something happening to it as it's set on the ground...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Won't be that OP, because it could be done way more easier (the mobile recharge thing).

Just add 2 Transposer, 1 Enderchest, 1 Reciever and some Pipes... (+ Bag and Transmitter of course)