[1.4.5] Open Beta v1.109

• bug says fix but doesn't seem to be, when zombies do anywhere from 2-3 hearts of damage

Are you sure? I got 3 hit by a zombie pigman and died while wearing a nanosuit.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• IM saying the bug still exists and you are agreeing the bug still exists when nano is supposed to reduce damage significantly and quantum completely.

Are you saying that quantum is still working to some extent though?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• IM saying the bug still exists and you are agreeing the bug still exists when nano is supposed to reduce damage significantly and quantum completely.

When the BT says the bug is "fixed", it means "fixed in the next release".

The bug was reported against 1.109.113. There hasn't been anything else released after that, that I'm aware of.

You'll have to wait for the next build.

• Latest Build (6.4.1.411) of forge no longer has WorldProvider.getBiomeGenForCoords:

This doesn't prevent IC2 from running on the MC Server via forge however. You can get the forge version at the top of the list here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/ I installed forge by extracting the forge files into the Minecraft Jar (for client, which gives this error above. The server doesn't need to have stuff replaced, just run the forge zip file as a jar instead.)

You can't launch forge the same way as you do for the server either for the client. It'll say aa.class or such is missing.

Edit: Forget the above. It was a corrupt download of Forge.

• One nice side effect, is it will output directly into a tank, so you can bypass at least the need for worrying about outputting directly to steam generators. I think (but haven't verified) that it works on the same steam/eu ratio that the turbines do, so a 16 to 5 ratio, i.e. a uranium cell puts out 16 steam per pulse. With a 9x9x8 tank, you could fit a whole lot of pipes to output to the steam turbines then.

Unfortunately a tank won't output directly into a steam turbine, but even without any addons that give you bigger pipes or cobble gold pipes, you can output 21 gold pipes per face of that tank, so assuming you have the reactor taking up one face, that's still 26 turbines. Although I'd hate to actually have to design that mess of pipes and wires. Love to see it, hate to design it. :)

I had done some tests with the steam reactor and iron tanks. It's not really Working. You have to pump the Steam out ( waste of BC Energy ) and you are limited to the bottom layer of the tank for steam output - you can't use 21 pipes per side.

I like the idea of steam reactors, but without an alternate output it makes Nuclear Power weak.
    We need a Distribution System like HV, MV, LV Cables and Transformers for Steam :)

And Reactors need to consume water to produce steam! Currently i get Steam from a dry Reactor!

• I like the idea of steam reactors, but without an alternate output it makes Nuclear Power weak.
    We need a Distribution System like HV, MV, LV Cables and Transformers for Steam :)

And Reactors need to consume water to produce steam! Currently i get Steam from a dry Reactor!

Yeah, while I like the idea of steam reactors I don't like how it's either Steam or EU without any kind of in-game choice.
    Would be nice if there was a generator module or something you could attach to the reactor (maybe in the grid somewhere?) to make EU or if you want steam than to just hook up pipes.

• Yeah, while I like the idea of steam reactors I don't like how it's either Steam or EU without any kind of in-game choice. Would be nice if there was a generator module or something you could attach to the reactor (maybe in the grid somewhere?) to make EU or if you want steam than to just hook up pipes.

Railcraft has a machine/construct that does this and outputs EU. But it would be nice to have something within IC2 to handle this.

• I Downloaded the latest version of forge and installed the mod... its not showing up... Please help. This is my all time favorite mod... :/

Same, the mod isn't showing up, i'm checking if it's Buildcraft

EDIT: It's Buildcraft, i just checked

• Well, I have a problem that keeps bothering me since the 1.4.2 update. I've uploaded everything on a clean .jar, the latest Forge and the IC2 .jar and I just can't hear any sound of the IC2 things (by that I mean reactors, machines, TNT and all that stuff). So I just wanted to propose something, may be cool or may be not...

What if someone, somewhere, with a very kind heart, upload a succesfull and clear instalation of this mod, without addons (so if someone wants to add something they're free to do.) and put it on a Zip/Rar file for n00b people like me to have a chance to play smoothly? I mean, it would be an easy way to go for some people who don't know so much about messing with all this stuff...

I've read some posts here and there and just can't find something helpful (someone in this forum once posted something related, but I wasn't able to figure out how to do it by myself, sadly :'c ). I have no error logs, 'cause the game runs and everything, just the sounds don't...

ps: Sorry if my english isn't good enough or if something wasn't well explained; as I said before, I'm a poorly n00b who want's to learn.

EDIT: I've read this "http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=15" and this posts (which is the one I refered up here) "http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=83204#post83204" Buuuuuuuut.. I have no idea what all this stuff means ._.
    Any help?

• It means that Player has fixed the issue, and most likely will be released in the next update.

• What if someone, somewhere, with a very kind heart, upload a succesfull and clear instalation of this mod, without addons (so if someone wants to add something they're free to do.) and put it on a Zip/Rar file for n00b people like me to have a chance to play smoothly? I mean, it would be an easy way to go for some people who don't know so much about messing with all this stuff...

I've read some posts here and there and just can't find something helpful (someone in this forum once posted something related, but I wasn't able to figure out how to do it by myself, sadly :'c ). I have no error logs, 'cause the game runs and everything, just the sounds don't...

I don't think people are permitted to redistribute modified versions of the ic2 jar.

.jar files are actually a zip file. Java organises code inside the jar file, with each peice of code with a .class extension. You open the jar file with something like WinRar, and replace the .class files inside with fixed class files that make sound work. I have recompiled some of the ic2 classes with a fix that works, and provide the fixed files in another thread.

If what you're asking is for a minecraft.jar with ic2 installed, plus forge etc, then forget it. That's against Mojang's terms.

BTW, to install mods into the minecraft.jar, people should take a look at Magic Launcher or MultiMC. I personally use MultiMC, because I find the way it handles instances much better than ML.

• Yup, I was reading some of the terms and you are right...
    Well, I'll take a look about one of those and then I'll come here if it works or if not. About the fixed sound patch, I'm figuring out how to install it, but this time I guess I'll first try and if I can't then come for help. That's just one way to learn how to do it, isn't it?

Thanks for your help!

• Well, I'll take a look about one of those and then I'll come here if it works or if not. About the fixed sound patch, I'm figuring out how to install it, but this time I guess I'll first try and if I can't then come for help. That's just one way to learn how to do it, isn't it? Thanks for your help!

Yeah, to be honest, I'd just wait until there is another release. There are other bugs that are imho pretty game breaking that have been fixed. Looks like Player integrated my suggested fixes so Audio will work in the next release too :)

If you have trouble updating the ic2 jar with my fixed class files, post in that thread, not this one.

• Yeah, to be honest, I'd just wait until there is another release. There are other bugs that are imho pretty game breaking that have been fixed. Looks like Player integrated my suggested fixes so Audio will work in the next release too :)

If you have trouble updating the ic2 jar with my fixed class files, post in that thread, not this one.

Don't worry, I did it! :D
    It works just fine, there are still some sounds missing but at least it works. Whatever I find I'll post it in that trhead.

Once again, thanks for your help!

• Was there a change in the quantum chest plate's ability to advert all damage from the player?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Electrical armor is currently bugged on damage protection. A wet paper towel provides more. :) It's a known bug detailed over the last couple of pages on this thread along with the official bug reporting website and it's fixed for the next release, whenever we get that. (Hopefully soon!)