Illuminators having Colors

• Illuminators are not so often used by players because they cost energy to glow so a torch or glowstone is a more viable choice.
    To change this suggest right-clicking with any dye (except black which makes no sense, because black light is no light)
    colouring the illuminator so that we have light in 15 diffirent colors.

It´s not only an idea, it´s the future.

• Illuminators are not so often used by players because they cost energy to glow so a torch or glowstone is a more viable choice.
    To change this suggest right-clicking with any dye (except black which makes no sense, because black light is no light)
    colouring the illuminator so that we have light in 15 diffirent colors.

That feature would copy RP2 ^^
    But I still agree on the fact IC²-luminators would need something more than lighting to be useful ... avoiding mob spawning in a larger zone than it lightzone could be cool I guess :)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Shall I rage again because one said the bad Word? Yes I should:
    IT'S LUMINATORS!!!
    THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ILLUMINATI!!!

Or MAYBE THEY DO! :?:

WHAT IF THEY ARE ULTRA TOP SECRET DEVICES SHOWING THE ILLUMINATTI HOW TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD?!?!? OR WHAT IF THEY PRODUCE ANTIMATTER?! (kudos if you get the reference)

You never know... Iluminators... Iluminatti.. COINCIDENCE!? I THINK NOT (double kudos if you get another reference)

Back to the suggestion: i support it. Some awesome coloring would be nice.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• A subtle tint would be nice (just a small texture change, not a real colored light). RP light blocks are incredibly and overwhelmingly colored- while the light can only be white in all cases, having a light source that doesn't look like a disaster...

EDIT: that was a joke, sorry gregoriusT and whoever Shedar is. I'm used that "Epileptic" is sometimes used in a non-serious tone to describe powerful and flashy light shows- particularly advertisements, which are notorious for over stimulation. The idea is that the redpower lamps look like they are meant to display this kind of light shows. That's why i used the word piece- as in a piece of the display screen for the over colored thing.

• That feature would copy RP2 ^^
    But I still agree on the fact IC²-luminators would need something more than lighting to be useful ... avoiding mob spawning in a larger zone than it lightzone could be cool I guess :)

If you don't find light itself to be useful enough, then you must be either a bat or a vampire.

• If you don't find light itself to be useful enough, then you must be either a bat or a vampire.

If you only want light, you can just use torch instead. Luminators are not switchable either...

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• redstone lamps allow switchable light.

in current implementation luminators kinda useless, need power, can't be turned off\on when needed, single colored.

I can see only two possible use for luminators:
    1) As part of agriculture system - to improve growth of crops at cost of energy. (also it shoud negate bonuses for air or biome, forcing flat high bonus)

2) With a bit changed recipe - PERMANENT hightech colorable torch, redstone control also will be nice.

• I like them as they are. Sure they cost power, but it's not like it's hard to get.

If you want them switchable, there's way for that already I'm sure (use your imagination).

Since they look like neon lights, they fit in nicely in my factory. I even keep some of them deliberately underpowered in my maintenance tunnels so they do that flickering thing.

My only issue with them is that they seem to light up on the wrong side.

• Shall I rage again because one said the bad Word? Yes I should:
    IT'S LUMINATORS!!!
    THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ILLUMINATI!!!

Sure they dont have anything to do with Illuminati.
    But I-Luminators are Products from Apple like the I-Phone.
    However im going to write luminators otherwise apple could become angry.

It´s not only an idea, it´s the future.