Native Universal Electricity Support

• I am here to do a request/suggestion that will most likely be rejected, so it is fine if it does get rejected.

As you may or may not know, Universal Electricity has been growing more and more popular and used by more and more mods out there now. My goal for Universal Electricity is to create an API that anyone can use and will act as an open source API for energy. I am here to suggest that maybe some time in the future IC2 could implement the UE API to become natively compatible with it instead of just a converter. This should be possible code wise as the IC2 energy network works similar to Universal Electricity's framework.

Note that doing this does not make IC2 dependent on anything. IC2 will still work at it is now but will just have the ability for Universal Electricity mods to power its machines and such.

This suggestion is kind of far fetched and requires some work, but I hope the IC2 team would consider it as this compatibility will bring a lot of ease to Universal Electricity mods as having every single UE mod be compatible with IC2 is a lot more tedious than getting IC2 to be compatible with UE.

Best Regards,
    Calclavia

• How to (possibly) implement this:

1. Make every machine in IC2 to be able to use UE

2. Make another Enet API that implements Enet and add compatibility layer with UE, and let mod/addon dev decide what to use

3. (worst) Change Enet API to add compatibility layer with UE, and make every mod/addon dev angry

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• While I see what you want to do, Cal, I don't think it will happen... IC2 is too independent and big on it's own.

What you talking bout? I like this idea as a lot, it would give me even more options for how I power my stuff. And who doesn't like having super complicated vast energy networks using multiple mods?

Note that doing this does not make IC2 dependent on anything. IC2 will still work at it is now but will just have the ability for Universal Electricity mods to power its machines and such.

• Or make a IC2 generator that can run on Buildcraft and UE energy, and potentially Redpower Blutricity if Eloraam allows. Ez

• Official Post

Or make a IC2 generator that can run on Buildcraft and UE energy, and potentially Redpower Blutricity if Eloraam allows. Ez

There are already converters.

What about letting Cables accept IC²-EU, and directly convert those into UE and backwards? So then you dont need a converter Block, and are able to use just UE-Cables as Converter.

• There are already converters.

What about letting Cables accept IC²-EU, and directly convert those into UE and backwards? So then you dont need a converter Block, and are able to use just UE-Cables as Converter.

I support this, but it should go both ways. Then you could just stick an IC2 cable on a machine, and then power it with UE power.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• If all machines would be able to use EU and UE, what will be used in direct Generator - Machine configuration?

Direct EU cable - UE cable connection is bad design. It looks bad and problematic in behavior.

• i would really enjoy if this happened. Greg's suggestion seems the best, its Too annoying to have a separate power grid for UE (and ICBM).

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• A little addon with some kind of eu<>ue converter would be great! but i dont think that the 2 power grids will become compadible.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• A little addon with some kind of eu<>ue converter would be great! but i dont think that the 2 power grids will become compadible.

This won't be needed, as the UE battery box already serves that function. It can take in any power (EU/MJ/watt) and output any of those three. So you can actually use the battery box as a buildcraft energy store. Or use it to convert MJ to EU. Or MJ to watts. Or or or or...

EDIT: By the way, this is a really awesome feature.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!