[Addon 2.0] NetworkAnchor 0.10.3e

• This look incredible... I just need to see more stability in this mod before adding it to my server. I cannot wait to get this. Great job. :)

• So version 0.04

There is still no gui.

Algorithm reworked a bit, so it is now work more like real automaton (tv, pc, etc), e.g. it will shutdown if it has not enough energy and start over when powered. It does not depend on scan itself anymore.

Wrench is not required anymore, so block can be broken with anything, even with bare hands. I think it can be considered as portable device since it is pure electronic and does not contain any heavy rotors.

As I see there is a lot of downloads and no bug reports. I could find only one issue with addon uninstalling, probable this is the very issue that broke the world save, so without that exception addon may be considered stable.

• For the uninstalling issue, I would recommend talking to Immibis on the Minecraft Forums and finding out how he made Dimensional Anchor blocks just vanish when DA is uninstalled.

I think Chickenbones might be able to help too, but the last version of ChickenChunks I used left a chunk hole where the loader was (AKA the entire 16x16x128 chunk was missing) when I removed ChickenChunks from my install. I have no idea if it's been fixed.

• Thank you! This is an awesome chunk loader, it would be also nice if we could see what chunks are loaded, for example with a goggle (like railcraft), or showing a map with a chunk grid when we right click the block :)

• Hey, Lost? When you say "any EnergyTile" for chunkloading purposes, would this mod be out-of-the-box compatible with the wires from GregTech, or would that have to be worked on?

• ...and there is GUI.

Short description:

Mode: area/network/combo - mode to use;
    - area is renamed stand-alone/grid mode;
    - network mode is not changed;
    - combo mode, which is now default, combines both modes, so there is no need in two anchors with two different modes set;

[Mode] button will switch mode, you need to reset device that changes take effect;

Area: NxN - size of area in chunks, with anchor block in center;

[-] [+] buttons will decrease/increase area size, you need to reset device in order changes to take effect;

Tiles: count of energy tiles found due network scan, includes anchor block itself;

Chunks: can be in two formats:
    - single value means count of chunks found/forced is equal and there is everything ok;
    - two values separated with "/" means: count of chunks forced "/" count of chunks found, and this means that something goes wrong, probably there is not enough free tickets available;

Tickets: count of tickets used;

[Reset] button will "reset" device like a button on you PC, it should be used after select a new mode or area size to apply it;

Striped vertical bar next to upgrade slots displays the current energy level (filling with red) of device;

Upgrade slots can accept any item, but will process only upgrades and energy storages like batteries, batpacks or crystals:
    - overclocker upgrades affects count of blocks processed due network scan, it calculates as: count of block = 2count of overclocker upgrades installed;
    - storage upgrades will increase internal storage capacity, which calculates as: max energy = 10000 * (1 + count of storage upgrades installed);
    - transformer upgrades will increase max safe input in traditional way: 32 -> 128 -> 512 -> 2048 ... it also allows you to charge anchor with energy storages which tier is higher than RE-Battery, e.g. you need one transformer upgrade to use Energy Crystal and Lappack, two transformer upgrades to use Lapotron Crystal, etc.;

• forg 534

• Would it be possible for it to have an energy cost based on chunks forced instead of energy tiles found in configs? I like the cheap setup/expensive maintenance model, but per block seems like it would scale too quickly in network mode, and yet miss costing anything for the area mode.

• The next time my villagers mass suicide I'm taking it out on you.

(Also, since expensive recipe is presumably for the gregtech inclined, Data Orb instead of emerald block).

• forg 534

Code
    2013-03-05 02:31:52 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The mcmod.info file in zi_networkanchor_0.06.jar cannot be parsed as valid JSON. It will be ignored
    argo.saj.InvalidSyntaxException: At line 10, column 2:  Expected object identifier to begin with ["] but got [}].

Yes, it is simply odd comma in the "mcmod.info". I tried to setup some kind of automatic build system, because I completely messed to change version number each time in each file. ><
    I also find that items is not dropped from upgrade slots when block is broken.

Would it be possible for it to have an energy cost based on chunks forced instead of energy tiles found in configs? I like the cheap setup/expensive maintenance model, but per block seems like it would scale too quickly in network mode, and yet miss costing anything for the area mode.

I'm already changed algorithm to use "per tick" model thought it is currently use constant "energyPerTick" value from config, it is not a problem to make it depend on forced chunks count.

The next time my villagers mass suicide I'm taking it out on you.

(Also, since expensive recipe is presumably for the gregtech inclined, Data Orb instead of emerald block).

Darn. I understand that it should be more expensive than current recipe, but I don't want to spend whole my life at crafting table. :)

• Official Post

Yes, it is simply odd comma in the "mcmod.info". I tried to setup some kind of automatic build system, because I completely messed to change version number each time in each file. ><
    I also find that items is not dropped from upgrade slots when block is broken.

I'm already changed algorithm to use "per tick" model thought it is currently use constant "energyPerTick" value from config, it is not a problem to make it depend on forced chunks count.

Darn. I understand that it should be more expensive than current recipe, but I don't want to spend whole my life at crafting table. :)

Clearly you dont use Gregtech Hardmode.

• Official Post

The next time my villagers mass suicide I'm taking it out on you.

And Highly Advanced Machine blocks instead of plain Advanced.

• You'd have to be more popular first. Though I think you will be, this is such a wonderuflly flexible chunkloader.

I think its also possible to do that yourself with his API, Modular powersuits does.

(also, don't worry about spending your life at the crafting table, you'll spend it at the centrifuge).

I'm not sure what you mean by a pertick model?

• That still doesn't mean anything to me in context.

I had actually thought it was always consuming energy per tick, but what I mean was instead of basing energy costs off of energy tiles, instead base them off of total chunks loaded, regardless of if there's 10,000 energy tiles, or two.