Is gregtech designed to work alongside Buildcraft or replace it?

• Is this designed to replace Buildcraft or work alongside it?

Greg's signature says "Automation without buildcrash", and it does implement autocrafting tables and item insertion/extraction from chests, but it's missing the pipes that make buildcraft what it is. So is GregTech designed to supplant Buildcraft?

• Is this designed to replace Buildcraft or work alongside it?

Greg's signature says "Automation without buildcrash", and it does implement autocrafting tables and item insertion/extraction from chests, but it's missing the pipes that make buildcraft what it is. So is GregTech designed to supplant Buildcraft?

Translocator look cooler than dingy pipes and magical gold-covered pipes that speed up items floating through it.

• A more realistic Replacement. I will add better Automation Devices later.

All you really need now is an electric auto-building machine (+associated infrastructure).

Also, the translocator only works in a range of 1 block, whereas the BC pipes can stretch miles. A more realistic replacement might be Conveyor Belts (you see those in factories all the time) that propel the items sitting on top of them in a given direction.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

• You can stretch it miles by using small electric buffers although it's much more expensive and one way direction..I found it hard to automate with them as I still couldn't find a good replacement of insertion pipes and diamond pipes (if the sorter could sort up to 5 outputs that would be great)..

Also this is just my opinion, 5000 eu per recipe in electric crafting table can't really compete with automatic crafting table, I think lessen it to 1000-2000 would be a good idea.. For example the advanced crafting table (from BC) only need 500 MJ per recipe which translates to around 1500 Eu.

• Official Post

You can stretch it miles by using small electric buffers although it's much more expensive and one way direction..I found it hard to automate with them as I still couldn't find a good replacement of insertion pipes and diamond pipes (if the sorter could sort up to 5 outputs that would be great)..

The Sorter can act as Insertion Pipe. Just empty Filter inside it and the Machine at the Blue Facing. All what doesnt go in, will go into the direction of the Red Facing.

• Regardless of what they're intended to do, GregTech machines are so expensive to create and use that you'd have to be masochistic to solely rely on them.

• Regardless of what they're intended to do, GregTech machines are so expensive to create and use that you'd have to be masochistic to solely rely on them.

And that explains why i use Greg tech.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Don't get me wrong; I love the challenge that GregTech hypothetically brings, but I believe that the reward should be proportional to the extra effort.

The transfer rate of electric buffer from one point to another is much faster than gold pipes, we'll just have to wait until Greg implement more automatic stuff..

• Official Post

The transfer rate of electric buffer from one point to another is much faster than gold pipes, we'll just have to wait until Greg implement more automatic stuff..

That applies only to certain Directions. You have to either wait a second or you will get it in an instant. They are Buffers not Pipes, but its intended to use them as some kind of Conveyor Belts.

• The transfer rate of electric buffer from one point to another is much faster than gold pipes, we'll just have to wait until Greg implement more automatic stuff..

I'd rather wait the extra three seconds than accumulate the ridiculous amount of materials required for the buffer. Granted, it's not expensive, for a single block. But two gold ingots and a piece of glass gets me eight pipes.

• I'd rather wait the extra three seconds than accumulate the ridiculous amount of materials required for the buffer. Granted, it's not expensive, for a single block. But two gold ingots and a piece of glass gets me eight pipes.

not that much only around 12 times more expensive..would be better if I could use my aluminium for the thing.. 1 large (12 iron, 4 electrum) -> 8 small..

• Official Post

not that much only around 12 times more expensive..would be better if I could use my aluminium for the thing.. 1 large (12 iron, 4 electrum) -> 8 small..

As far as I know, you can use Aluminium (at least 8 Ingots) for the large Buffer, and since you can craft it into 8 Small ones, you dont need that much Iron, especially if you use Aluminium also for Circuits.

• Check the new recipe with the machine parts, you can use aluminium machine hulls now

ah ok, that's why.. I haven't upgraded to the newest version, still waiting for advanced machines original.. *sigh*