Expanding Personal Safes

• I would like to see more customization options for Personal Safes. This may or may not have been suggested before but I doubt all of it has.

An option, maybe an upgrade to a personal safe which allows me to type in names of other players who I am granting access to the safe. (Maybe even a color coded symbol on the front which appears to let you know that you can access that safe.)

The ability to enable items to be placed into or out of the chest inventory via pipes.

A more expensive upgrade which expands the inventory. (I think right now the PS has the capacity of an Iron Chest from the other mod, I'd happily use more expensive resouces to make it larger.)

• I support the idea of allowing users to access the safe, it would be real useful, tough it could be a little difficult to code, i have hope in IC2 team.

Pipes and safes? I didn't even realized it wasn't possible (if it actually is I will be in a bad position...).

Increased Inventory... maybe. Not sure, could become OP.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• An option, maybe an upgrade to a personal safe which allows me to type in names of other players who I am granting access to the safe. (Maybe even a color coded symbol on the front which appears to let you know that you can access that safe.)

THIS. That's why I've almost never used Personal Chest in PvP, because it makes my team unable to use my stuff.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• would it be possible to create a bloc that extends the personnal safe, when in contact
    for instance, add 27 spaces or 54 to the safe, and have them chain,and if one extension block is not in contact with the safe but is with another that is in contact with the safe then it does extend
    or a version with pipes as suggested between a pack of extension blocks and the safe (pipes hideable in foam if possible)

• The ability to enable items to be placed into or out of the chest inventory via pipes.

This used to be a feature of safes but was removed due to the fact that items could be pumped out of the chest by anyone. Not sure if it HAS to go both ways though; maybe it could accept items but not let them be pumped out?

One way to handle safes that could be used by multiple people may just be a 4 digit combo lock. Enter correct numbers, gain access. Enter wrong numbers; out comes anthrax. The toxic bacteria, not the band.

• would it be possible to create a bloc that extends the personnal safe, when in contact
    for instance, add 27 spaces or 54 to the safe, and have them chain,and if one extension block is not in contact with the safe but is with another that is in contact with the safe then it does extend
    or a version with pipes as suggested between a pack of extension blocks and the safe (pipes hideable in foam if possible)

would it be possible to create a bloc that extends the personnal safe, when in contact

I like that suggestion. This in fact could be used to handle the rest of the items. Blocks that expand personal safes, but then again if were talking more item ID's we should just stick to making a new unique block for that purpose.

Same recipe but replace the electronic circuit with an advanced circuit and you get a Shared Personal Safe, which has the option of allowing multiple users. Replace the Machine Block with an Advanced Machine Block and you get a Personal Vault which increases capacity. Replace both to get the Shared Personal Vault. Make it so the Shared version of the block is the one that allows tube network access and will only allow items to be retrieved or placed into the chest by pipes or blocks placed by the owner.

• I support any exspansion based on SMP, Safes do feel like they could use an exspansion.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• One way to handle safes that could be used by multiple people may just be a 4 digit combo lock. Enter correct numbers, gain access. Enter wrong numbers; out comes anthrax. The toxic bacteria, not the band.

i dont think that is very good, at least the anthrax, people would miss combos on purpose to spawn a deadly bacteria in your basement ^^

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I really rather like the idea of an access list. As a workaround if you really want something soon, I think the MFFS secure storage would do what you need when linked to a security station with the right people's ID cards in it (Industrial Miner also mentioned this earlier in the thread, but did not name the mod).

For storage expansion, it would be nice if an array of personal safes would act as one large one (perhaps the UI could let you page through them?).

• I think the MFFS secure storage would do what you need when linked to a security station with the right people's ID cards in it (Industrial Miner also mentioned this earlier in the thread, but did not name the mod).

You could also implement it in your own one ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• ic2 not expected to be players in hostile enviroment, there is no protection for machines, griefer specialized nukes available right from the start.

if you want storage - use iron chests.

if you want super secure machines pipes and everything else, play SSP or SMP with friends (or with help of operator teleport to something like 123k -321k and noone who dont know coordinates ever found your base.

Yeah that would be nice, I also thought off that for a multiple block structure type thing. I think it would be nice if something like that happend and maybe the option to allow pumping in the safe and the option to allow pumping out of the safe.

• An option, maybe an upgrade to a personal safe which allows me to type in names of other players who I am granting access to the safe. (Maybe even a color coded symbol on the front which appears to let you know that you can access that safe.)

When Safe is open, any player can right-click it and be added to access list. Owner can remove anyone from list.

The ability to enable items to be placed into or out of the chest inventory via pipes.

It's a Safe. Into only, and only if there is a space for item. Deposit only.

A more expensive upgrade which expands the inventory. (I think right now the PS has the capacity of an Iron Chest from the other mod, I'd happily use more expensive resouces to make it larger.)

If backside of one Safe touch doorside of other by the same owner, access both as Double Safe.