~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• Seems to be just single player.

Invisibility is mostly PvP oriented in a way, but it works against monsters unless you bump into them. Now here's the problem: if you're wearing armor, mobs can see you from farther away, for each piece of armor you put on. (no armor you have to bump them, 2 pieces is about 6 blocks, and 4 pieces is more than 10 blocks away). Greg does something with his cloaking device (chest armor) that makes all other pieces of armor invisible as well, but doesn't reduce the sight radius of monsters, so it's almost purely PvP. holy derp transparency module batman

• Okay, well, it was glitching out a bit and not turning off, so I've tweaked the values a bit.

As for the mob visibility thing, if that's the case then it's going to be a lot more in-depth and might be impossible without jarmods/overrides sadly :/

• I had my suspicions about that. Personally I would still like to see it as a module for sneaky sneaky pvp/thievery and just emulate the transparent armor module too when it's on!
    Something about mob senses being higher than a humans and can detect camouflage.. :whistling:

• i have an Idea for a module:
    SilkTouch module.
    This would work GREAT with the keybinding functionality. The recipe could be be changable in the config file, a gregtech version and non greg tech version. The greg version can require a rockbreaker, the non can require a silktouch book. :)

• Could you also let you switch between different overclocking configs with a keybind? I'd like to be able to slow down my tools and not jump crazy high all the time.

• I had my suspicions about that. Personally I would still like to see it as a module for sneaky sneaky pvp/thievery and just emulate the transparent armor module too when it's on!
    Something about mob senses being higher than a humans and can detect camouflage.. :whistling:

I can do that for the torso armor but the getArmorTextureFile() function only passes in the itemstack, so I can't get a player reference without some expensive computation. Sorry :s You'll have to install it separately and bind it to the same key (which does work btw :3)

Could you also let you switch between different overclocking configs with a keybind? I'd like to be able to slow down my tools and not jump crazy high all the time.

To not jump crazy high, simply tap the spacebar. But yes, there are some more control circuit options coming.

• Sometimes the simplest of solutions is the best. I didn't even think of doing that honestly, not many no mods that I know of have as good of a key binding system as yours.
    Also, thanks for explaining in your comments how things are working and why. I went over your source code to try to get a better understanding and expand my own knowledge and I'm learning just what forge and minecraft allow. My mod just had some simple explosive, torch, and aoe fire arrows when I was doing that :P

• Sometimes the simplest of solutions is the best. I didn't even think of doing that honestly, not many no mods that I know of have as good of a key binding system as yours.
    Also, thanks for explaining in your comments how things are working and why. I went over your source code to try to get a better understanding and expand my own knowledge and I'm learning just what forge and minecraft allow. My mod just had some simple explosive, torch, and aoe fire arrows when I was doing that :P

hehe, it definitely needs more comments and polish, but you're welcome for what's there so far :)

• I just checked your to-do list and saw a Improbability Generator idea. And that got me thinking, "Madness Combat style would be cool, but even better would be Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy style". Then I thought, "why not both?" and decided to make a suggestion.

First off, the Infinite Improbability Warp Drive. It can teleport you places. The catch is that you have no real control where you go. Could be to your bed. Maybe it takes you to the end. Or a MystCraft Age(new or not). Or into Limbo with the Dimensional Doors mod. And it rarely takes you anywhere without causing Weird Shit(Patent Pending) to happen. Maybe everything near where you appear catches on fire. Or some sheep appear. Or maybe even it starts raining Squids, which explode(violently) when they hit the ground. Or pigs start to fly(and also explode after a bit). Or hell on earth happens(for about a minute, the area where you end up is a hell biome, and ghasts and pigmen can spawn) and after it ends, all dirt based blocks end up with some plantlife on them(as if a big bonemeal effect goes off on only grass, tilled soil gets some crops if nothing is planted yet, that purple mushroom grass stuff gets mushrooms on it, etc). Or maybe even all pumpkins in the area disappearify. And one can't even place them in the area without them vanishing after about 3 seconds(golems which use them get killed and turned into dropped blocks of what they were built out of).

The Madness Combat Infinite Improbability Generator is much like the Weird Shit from the Infinite Improbability Warp Drive, but Better* and follows you around, while giving you some buffs/debuffs now and then.(OMFG YOU CAN NOT KILL THE CLOWN. THE CLOWN KILLS YOU)

*According to some opinions. Not recommended for Children, Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant, the elderly, men with erectile dysfunction or without it, and basically everyone else. Extradimensional sentent Plushies stuffed with fire and candy who are completely batshit insane sold separately, but tend to show up when you install this device, causing confusion and fires as they explode all over the place. If any show up talking about their flammenwerfer guns, do yourself a favor and kill your self right away, preferably with 15 grams of antimatter, because otherwise, YOU ARE THE PLUSHIES.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Saving keybinds doesn't seem to be working for me (win7, minecraft in a nondefault location)

Edit: looking at your code, it tries to load/create the config file relative to the current working directory, which for me wasn't the actual minecraft folder.
    I've changed my (private, unpublished) launcher script to chdir() into the minecraft folder before starting it and it seems to fixed the issue, weird that i never ran into issues with other mods about it :rolleyes:

• That's roughly what I figured was happening, but how should I do it instead? D:

• That's roughly what I figured was happening, but how should I do it instead? D:

I've looked at how forge determines the path... and my eyes are still bleeding.

There has to be a better way, but i have no idea :(

Edit: there is!

FML has Loader.getConfigDir()

• Awesome! Thanks so much. This should be fixed and in the latest experimental build :)

• A few more ideas, mainly for OPs. They have individual configuration options to allow only Creative/OP/TMI/NEI people to tinker/equip people

Zero Point Energy Module
    You need 16 Infinity Multi-Purpose Gems (which is only obtainable from Creative/Op commands/TMI/NEI)
    Provides Infinite Charge to all modules in that suit piece.

Weight Reduction Module
    You need 16 Infinity Multi-Purpose Gems.
    Is tinkerable, you can adjust the amount of weight reduced.

Invincibility Core
    You need 16 Infinity Multi-Purpose Gems.
    Is tinkerable, you can adjust the amount of damage negated.

• Awesome! Thanks so much. This should be fixed and in the latest experimental build :)

Yay!

I was playing with TC3 a bit and noticed the goggles of revealing module (tho i didn't get around making one yet), that's really cool :)
    I was wondering, does it count for the vis cost reduction bonus, and could you add modules for the other TC armor pieces with that bonus?

You need 16 Infinity Multi-Purpose Gems (which is only obtainable from Creative/Op commands/TMI/NEI)

Why require 16 of them if they can only be cheated in anyway? :P

• Yay!

I was playing with TC3 a bit and noticed the goggles of revealing module (tho i didn't get around making one yet), that's really cool :)
    I was wondering, does it count for the vis cost reduction bonus, and could you add modules for the other TC armor pieces with that bonus?

Why require 16 of them if they can only be cheated in anyway? :P

I dunno myself for that reasoning.

• How about a weight compensation module? It would be nice to not have to sprint just to have my normal speed. Its energy consumption would be based on your total weight, and it would negate a portion of it depending on its overclocking setting.

• I dunno myself for that reasoning.

Well one possible reason to use 16 instead of just 1 would be if this were to be added to FTB or something similar (I know its in Tekkit Lite and Voltz so its possible) someone may create an adventure map or something based off of parts of the mod and use them as a reward or they could be used as a reward or item on a server I suppose that would have to be awarded by an OP.

• D:

I think probably not. sorry. I did add an up to 2x walk speed boost to the sprint assist though (build 66) This is probably temporary until it finds a better place.

Yay!

no they don't and making them act as such is not a priority at the moment although depending on Azanor it might happen in the future.