~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• Has anybody gotten this and Fallenbeast's addons to work at the same time? Haven't tried yet, but it appears they don't work on the same versions.

• I've finally had a chance to do some legitimate in-game field testing with this mod and particularly the Gregtech recipes in my singleplayer world, and here's my notes: (I have MJ/EU to 0.5, down from 50)
    •Recipes are fine, especially since you really only need to do them a few times.
    •Originally I thought overclocking the low tier armor and the batteries was a waste of weight, but the new walking speed compensation really is a lifesaver. I've got 4 FULLLY OVERCLOCKED basic plating (freaking heavy), 2 half overclocked MV caps and 2 default LV caps, and my weight is tank-tier. Walking is a chore, and jumping is silly, so I installed the sprint assist and jump assist. I can now move at quicker than default speed at the cost of energy consumption. (quite a bit, but it feels right for using 4x basic plating. I can scale down later when I use advanced or E-shield.)
    •I'm a freakin' tank, painted my armor dark gray (60%, 60%, 60%) and have 20/20 armor. It's awesome. Really feels good to be customizable.
    •My tools draw fine from my armor, including Greg's jackhammer and your own powertool

My chest augment is just the glider at the moment and was in the nether (mind you, I'm still at 54kg weight) and was surprised at how balls my glider was. REALLY makes you think about your augments.
    The sense of balance is much better than that of most other mods. With the suit, you can do anything, but you can't do everything.

+1

• i LOVE your mod, but the invisibility upgrade dosent work properly, i need to use a potion of invisibility to get it to work.
    also i know build 95 is a beta but can you add the colores to the multi tool before build 110?
    and here are a suggestion: can you make it possible to change the color of your stuff when you are hitting a key? it could be configured with the K key.
    anyway, love your mod cant wait to see whats next :)

• i LOVE your mod, but the invisibility upgrade dosent work properly, i need to use a potion of invisibility to get it to work.
    also i know build 95 is a beta but can you add the colores to the multi tool before build 110?
    and here are a suggestion: can you make it possible to change the color of your stuff when you are hitting a key? it could be configured with the K key.
    anyway, love your mod cant wait to see whats next :)

The invisibility module works in multiplayer, but not singleplayer for some odd reason that we found out about a week ago.
    If you're playing on a server, you also need 4 transparency upgrade modules on each piece of gear. Put the cloaking and transparency on the same key, so when you toggle cloaking, your armor disappears too. You don't get the sparkles, so it's an extremely effective method of stealth, paired with a knife to the throat..

• Oh.
    My.

This... is beautiful. Amazing work! I especially like the fact you added GregTech recipes, a lot of other mod developers seem quite sore about his mod so I'm very pleased to see the compatibility here.

Quick note - on your Recipes page, a few of the images full-on refuse to load for me. These are all 4 recipes for the Tinker Table, the IC2 LV Capacitor recipe, and the UE MV and UE HV Capacitor recipes. Don't know if that's just me however.

I'm very much hoping for this to be added to a core FTB Mod Pack in the future, this mod by FAR deserves the popularity from it.

EDIT: While I'm here, may as well throw a suggestion out there. A "Thermal Detector" Helmet Module that allows you to see silhouettes of mobs through blocks.

• i realy like that i can change the balance and recepies and have so much freedom! ( i have edited about everything :) ) but i know one more config option that should be added, a config option that maby will let you chose if the energy requierment is the same all the time or if it when it comes to the maby 20 last % it will take 10 times more energy suddently, i think this would be extreamly cool and i hope you understood what i meant, but i have no idea if this is possible and if it is if it is an simple way to make config options for it.
    keep up the good work ! :)

• i agree and i think your suggestion is realy awsome :)

• Great mod.

Iridium is 4 times heavier than titanium, as titanium weighs tzhelee? Diamond armor does not look balanced, energy shield is cheaper.Can make that diamond armor floated elements in the electrical, blast furnace at 3000 K, of 5 diamonds in diamond chunks of which it was made and would craft table?

And May is integrated into the helmet compass? :D

• I agree that it is odd that the advanced plating is as expensive and at the same tier as the forcefield. also, the basic plating is at a higher tier than the armor itself. I think the basic plating should be made steel and the advanced plating titanium.

• You're all right, that's what I forgot to mention in my post as well. Basic plating should be steel, and advanced titanium.
    When I suggested the Gregtech recipes I wanted them to be hard, for sure, but obviously couldn't test them because it wasn't out yet.
    Good call.

I also think that Ic2's 'iridium' isn't like real world iridium (which is damn heavy, the second most dense element next to osmium), as here it's alloyed with different mixed metals and diamonds.

Not sure if it can be done easily but I will add it to the list.

i realy like that i can change the balance and recepies and have so much freedom! ( i have edited about everything :) ) but i know one more config option that should be added, a config option that maby will let you chose if the energy requierment is the same all the time or if it when it comes to the maby 20 last % it will take 10 times more energy suddently, i think this would be extreamly cool and i hope you understood what i meant, but i have no idea if this is possible and if it is if it is an simple way to make config options for it.
    keep up the good work ! :)

It wouldn't be simple, but I will think about it. Thanks~

Great mod.

Iridium is 4 times heavier than titanium, as titanium weighs tzhelee? Diamond armor does not look balanced, energy shield is cheaper.Can make that diamond armor floated elements in the electrical, blast furnace at 3000 K, of 5 diamonds in diamond chunks of which it was made and would craft table?

And May is integrated into the helmet compass? :D

Maybe :P

I agree that it is odd that the advanced plating is as expensive and at the same tier as the forcefield. also, the basic plating is at a higher tier than the armor itself. I think the basic plating should be made steel and the advanced plating titanium.

Okay, this will be in the next build later today :V

• It is done! Along with the new mode-switching mechanic which will hopefully make it easier to add new functions to the tool :) currently it goes by sneak+scrollwheel; we shall see how useful that is..

• thank you for implement color on the tool :)
    but something i have noticed is that the drop rate of items when you have explosion on the tool is modified after what i have in the config for CreeperCollateral-1.4.6-CoreMod. i realy dont like this becouse i have creepers drop rate to 100% (my friends want to have it there) and then the glove drops 100% of the items...emm i do not think this is how it should be maby you could make a config option for how many % of items that get destroyed in an explosion from the tool drops.
    i realy hope you will read this and implement it so i dont need to get 100% of the items (i think thats like cheating)

• Really gotta thank you for such an awesome mod and community interaction.

I do have another interesting mod cross-compatibility suggestion though, this one being with forestry:
    I've recently begun breeding bees for their products, trying to get to the (extra bees) Ruby bees to make chrome for my Gregtech needs, but in my journey I've been stung, poisoned, fried alive, burned, struck by lightning, blown up, and melted.
    How about micro-fiber webbing for joint connections to protect against bee effects? Assuming Sengir hasn't hardcoded the Apiarist armor to be the only thing effective against bees, how feasible would this be?

• Really gotta thank you for such an awesome mod and community interaction.

I do have another interesting mod cross-compatibility suggestion though, this one being with forestry:
    I've recently begun breeding bees for their products, trying to get to the (extra bees) Ruby bees to make chrome for my Gregtech needs, but in my journey I've been stung, poisoned, fried alive, burned, struck by lightning, blown up, and melted.
    How about micro-fiber webbing for joint connections to protect against bee effects? Assuming Sengir hasn't hardcoded the Apiarist armor to be the only thing effective against bees, how feasible would this be?

assuming that, easyish. will go under 'environmental' along with hazmat (UE). Need to work on the gui a bit and get the scrolling window to work (and be obvious), otherwise it'll be a bit tough to fit them all in there.

As for the community interaction, I have to thank the IC2 forums for being supportive and having a modicum of intelligence. I'm really on the verge of not even checking MCF thread anymore because there are so many requests for features that are already there or on the todo list, 'bug reports' for things that have nothing to do with my mod, and terrible advice.

thank you for implement color on the tool :)
    but something i have noticed is that the drop rate of items when you have explosion on the tool is modified after what i have in the config for CreeperCollateral-1.4.6-CoreMod. i realy dont like this becouse i have creepers drop rate to 100% (my friends want to have it there) and then the glove drops 100% of the items...emm i do not think this is how it should be maby you could make a config option for how many % of items that get destroyed in an explosion from the tool drops.
    i realy hope you will read this and implement it so i dont need to get 100% of the items (i think thats like cheating)

I can't fix someone else's mod for you. Last time I tried to do that, I got yelled at. But, if you get that mod's creator to tell me what I need to do to mark my explosion as 'not a creeper', I will. :)

• this is just a quick error report, i get a player moved wrongly messege sometimes (in the bat log) and after this i cant do anything and it crashes, i get this error if i shoot a lot of energy orbs and get hit by the explosion. i also have speed upgrades and other upgrades that can be the reason for it. its no crash log becouse it dont realy crash it just, i think the client server unloads the client and the client tyhinks its still connected so i can still break blocks but they dont drop anything.
    i dont know if you know what i am talking about and if you alredy knew about this error or if its another mods fault i am sorry for wasting your time.

• Been playing with this for a few days and I have to say that it is really awesome and still has a lot of potential.

Been getting the same bug as sondrex tho. Sometimes when I get hit by my own plasma gun everything just... stops working. I have like a billion other mods though so It could just be something weird with one of those.

Keep up the great work muse!

OH one other thing... no offence to whomever textured the armor, but it looks pretty meh next to the icons and tinkering table, and doesn't work great with the recoloring module on account of being grey and lacking in contrast. I made some improved ones from scratch if you'd like to see :3

• My artist is currently working on a custom model for the armor, but that's going to be a challenge to implement and I don't have as much time now that school is picking up. Besides, more options is always better! :) Feel free to post them.

As for bugs, please post them to github.