[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Quantum tank maybe?

I know what it is, but it's harder to craft at Tiers 2-4.
    Often i make first of this only then i'm ready to collect resources for Fusion Reactor construction(Have all machines, better energy generators, better AE item storage, and AE-based Mutiblock Frame Super-Tunnel Mining Shield 36x24).

• Another Suggestion:
    Lapis Lazuli in Marble form(if possible).Since there's lots of people used them for other uses in the history.
    a bunch of suggestions about Covers:
    Covers have it's own stats when they are in item form
    Dyeable Covers
    Covers will keep it's stats when you crowed them out of machines
    you can change it's stats by crafting it with a screwdriver,just like how you do it in machines.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

Edited once, last by SSC ().

• Quoted from "SSC"
    Only Steam smelter using molds being nerfed.
    Nope. The Molds themselves are not 100% Efficient, also the Plate Mold was for Plastic Plates and Rubber Sheets, which cant be created using smashing or bending.

ah, now it makes more sense, its a pity since my sugestion of changing it to work more like the mold for casing, where 4 ingots would give 3 plates, is throwed away, would make it more usefull and atractive instead of running after the plate bending machine, but what use the rubber and plastic sheet have?

Little disbalance here. Why should we create Small Electric Buffer, and use it, if we can just make an Brass Item Pipe, attach conveyor, and have just the same small buffer? Only one difference, tube can not emit power to outputside...

it is not the same small buffer, a pipe will take any stack size (1 to 64) as a full stack, so if it is only one item, it is counted as a full stack filling the pipe, and the conveyor will always move the full stack, while the buffer can be screw to send certains amounts.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• ah, now it makes more sense, its a pity since my sugestion of changing it to work more like the mold for casing, where 4 ingots would give 3 plates, is throwed away, would make it more usefull and atractive instead of running after the plate bending machine, but what use the rubber and plastic sheet have?

Whatever,for our side we won't use them except making the plastic plate now,because of the costness molds and less output.

• Suggestions:
    1.fix the language file generation problem
    2.nerf the IC overclocker's recipes:
    (1) Change it's recipes of the output to 1,and add a recipe which using IC's 60K Coolant to craft them.(for short is you only can craft one by using 60K Coolant)
    (2) Buff the using of GT's 180K He Coolant Cell for crafting it that gives you 3 overclockers.

• On topic of BC gears (Or TE for that matter)

Currently BC registers its gears in ore dictionary but does not use oreDict gears in recipes.
    Logistics pipes only uses BC gears
    TE I cannot remember (I think it uses oreDict)
    Forestry uses oreDict
    Foundry uses oreDict and has excelent GT support
    Railcraft Registers its Steel/Iron gears but doesnt use oreDict in recipes
    ExtraBees/Trees only looks to buildcraft gears

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Its a plague of people registering items then not using oreDict.

The best solution is to get minetweaker, remove BC/RC/Forestry/Misc... gears from the ore dictionary, remove their crafting recipes, then rewrite the recipes to use ore dictionary gears.
    That is what I have done for my modpack I am running at home.

BC - Energy values reworked, recipes completely rebalanced
    MFR - Recipes partially rebalanced (GT Recipe support seems to have died) *This is still a work in progress and will have some major energy rebalancing soon
    Logistics pipes - I havn't got around to tackling this yet, im hoping the devs will fix it before I have to :P
    ProjectRed - Red alloy now uses GT alloy and there is recycling macerator recipes included (Also screwdriver added to oredict for crafting)
    Forestry - Just normal configs need tweaking because Sengir uses oredict and recipes just work for once
    Railcraft - Redo recipes for anything that requires a gear. *More will probably be done later might disable their steel tools although I like watching people make shitty inferior steel tools not wanting to "Waste" 2 iron to make the rods early game :P **Still need to remove rolling machine
    Thaumcraft - Everything works pretty ok and decently balanced
    ArsMagica2 - Everything works pretty ok, BWG4 and a config tweak make this mod very slow and very endgame to progress through. (Nice compared to the normal cheese mode that is acheiveable)
    Foundry - GT Recipes, OreDict, works like a charm, I have zinc and nickel in worldgen because they seem very rare

Also... A suggestion: Add Steel plate crafting to the metal former. Although it can do the job of alot of other GT machines it doesn't do the job very well. Its a sort of "Jack of all trades, master of none" so the ability for it to produce basic bits of everything may be usefull early on but an ultimate waste of resources. Leaving a short term gain vs sustainable production of everything a choice the player can make, but the metal former is too weak of a block to do that without steel plate crafting.

• Official Post

TE I cannot remember (I think it uses oreDict)

TE does indeed use ore dict

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ahh awesome, I dont use it because none of its recipies unify anymore, and none of the unique mechanics it adds to the game are of any use to me or feel right :P

• I think the metal former should be disabled in GT.

Suggestion:
    Force the hidden ores setting on if you join the sever which has the same setting of hidden ores.

• How about some scientific alchemy? Using a nuclear reactor, or a special one, you could transmute mercury into gold, or lead into gold. You could even make a philosopher's stone type material. It has been theorised that the fluoride salt of the super heavy element with Z = 126 could produce the energy required to transmute elements into some other element. It's pretty powerful, but would it matter because it's endgame?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• How about some scientific alchemy? Using a nuclear reactor, or a special one, you could transmute mercury into gold, or lead into gold. You could even make a philosopher's stone type material. It has been theorised that the fluoride salt of the super heavy element with Z = 126 could produce the energy required to transmute elements into some other element. It's pretty powerful, but would it matter because it's endgame?

You see how there's now a bunch of plasma cells?

Now, what machine in Gregtech produces plasma?

And doesn't that machine also allow for the combination of materials?

And hasn't that machine had just such a feature as you're requesting accepted by greg for awhile?

• I dont exactly see lead to gold on that list, neither a modern day philosopher's stone. And these things take a nuclear reaction via an Nuclear reactor. And could you turn any base metal into other elements using that list up there? No? Thank you, and go somewhere else.

Edited once, last by CrafterofMany ().

• Disable the IC2 Semifluid generator completely. It is way too powerful. It produces more energy at a faster rate then the existing Semifluid Generator AND Diesel Generator.

• Official Post

How about some scientific alchemy? Using a nuclear reactor, or a special one, you could transmute mercury into gold, or lead into gold. You could even make a philosopher's stone type material. It has been theorised that the fluoride salt of the super heavy element with Z = 126 could produce the energy required to transmute elements into some other element. It's pretty powerful, but would it matter because it's endgame?

A regular radioactive source can produce enough energy for neutron capture or nuclear transmuatioin, you just need beta and alpha radiation. We had this conversation a fair while ago :P

• Sorry for my bad English.
    I cant find any GregTech ores on flat maps. Yes, im using all the "decoration" option, but still any ores dont appear. Ores from other mods are common, and possible to find (including ic2 ones) i dont want to write next topic, and i dont really know its a bug or not. So i wrote it down here. Hope for quick reply.
    Waliorus

• Ok, sure, most radioactive fuels have enough power, but what is the downsides to using those compared to using the modern philosopher's stone? (I've just read a few articles on modern transmutation and philosopher's stone, so don't count me as an expert on the matter)

• GregTech ores are (almost) all biome dependant, so it could be that. Btw, reports like that goes to its thread, no the suggestion one (that is this one).

it still barely playable if you use swamps or forests or plains(because of Ti),but it's no way to get a tree in the plains biome,or you can do is to find a mineshaft and cut down all of the planks(it takes time,villages is good but you can't always depends on it)
    Or use something like COG or COFHCore or other worldgen mods to make all the overworld ores generates in all of the overworld biomes
    maybe it will be a challenge using classic superflat with some new dim generator mod,mostly mystcraft.

Edited 2 times, last by SSC ().