[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Next you're going to want Greg to add 4D animations into Gregtech, just so people have to buy new more expensive monitors to see them :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I have a few thoughts, I hope this is the best thread to talk about them.

Firstly I'll say I am not a chemistry expert, I only did chemistry up to the final year in high school.

I was looking at the recipe to turn sugar into carbon and water cells in the electrolyzer and this did not make sense to me. A very fun little experiment one of my chem teachers did was to add sulphuric acid to sugar thus oxidising the sugar resulting in carbon.

I would propose that this would be the new recipe perhaps in the chemical reactor instead as (naming wise) it might make more sense, although you don't really need a machine for this reaction.

My second comment regards the red rock that is fantastic for many simple (gregtech simple, lol, not ic2 simple) materials such as aluminium, sodium, lithium and silicon. I am curious as to how these materials were decided upon. From what I know about red rock or soil, is that the reddish brown colour contains iron, or more accurately iron oxide. Fe2O3. (on a side note this turns to Fe2O2 a green blue colour when in an anaerobic state such as flooding)

I am not suggesting that the recipes are changed around this red rock unless Greg you think it suitable. I just always found it curious.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• Official Post

Sugar (Or glucose anyway): C6H12O6
    You should get 1 Carbon cell, 2 Hydrogen cells and 1 Compressed Air cell (Which is practically oxygen in MC :P )per Electrolyse (or whatever :P ).

• New block suggestion: Item Duct
    A more advanced automation block for long distance automation to replace buildcrash and RP2 tubes. This single Air Duct-looking block has a single input and output that can be wrenched on any non-output side to change which direction the output is facing (as to turn the "pipe"), while wrenching the input reverses the current input and output sides and wrenching the output drops the item as a block.
    The Item Duct has an internal storage of 1 item type per duct and can only accept items placed into it from the input side. When multiple ducts are placed connecting, their GUI is shared between each division of 8 ducts and contains a slot corresponding to each duct in order so the player can unblock the ducts in the event that they jam and control EU flow through the ducts. Like all GT automation blocks, each set of ducts cost 1 EU to transfer an item/stack through up to 8 ducts (Example: a stack of cobblestone through 27 ducts will cost 4 EU to transfer it to the machine/buffer at the end of the chain. 1 cobblestone will cost the same amount.).
    In the event that a duct cannot transfer an item, it will stop accepting items until room is made in the target destination. This will back up the system without causing a BC item spill back to the source machine (unless you're using BC to put items into the system).
    The item duct is meant to work with the electric buffers, sorters and translocators. For while the duct can output items, it cannot take them from machines without a translocator. In addition, a duct will never connect to more than one duct/machine/chest, so a buffer is neccessary for bringing multiple duct chains together and an electric sorter to function in the same capacity as a diamond pipe/Sorting machine (btw, the sorter has a horrible GUI. Seriously greg, why couldn't you give it a GUI like the sorting machine/diamond pipe? Simple and effective. There's a reason why almost no one uses your current automation machines, you know?).

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• Official Post

Since Ilmenite is found on Asteroids and the moon, perhaps it could rarely spawn on end Asteroids, a little rarer then Sheldonite.
    It is a good source of Titanium as it composes of FeTiO3, so Macerating/iGrinding should get you some of the dust, then Centrifuging for Iron and Titanium dust. Since the Only source of Titanium is UU matter and alot amount of energy for Bauxite, would be a nice new source.

And i use the automation sometimes :P

• New block suggestion: Item Duct
    A more advanced automation block for long distance automation to replace buildcrash and RP2 tubes. This single Air Duct-looking block has a single input and output that can be wrenched on any non-output side to change which direction the output is facing (as to turn the "pipe"), while wrenching the input reverses the current input and output sides and wrenching the output drops the item as a block.
    The Item Duct has an internal storage of 1 item type per duct and can only accept items placed into it from the input side. When multiple ducts are placed connecting, their GUI is shared between each division of 8 ducts and contains a slot corresponding to each duct in order so the player can unblock the ducts in the event that they jam and control EU flow through the ducts. Like all GT automation blocks, each set of ducts cost 1 EU to transfer an item/stack through up to 8 ducts (Example: a stack of cobblestone through 27 ducts will cost 4 EU to transfer it to the machine/buffer at the end of the chain. 1 cobblestone will cost the same amount.).
    In the event that a duct cannot transfer an item, it will stop accepting items until room is made in the target destination. This will back up the system without causing a BC item spill back to the source machine (unless you're using BC to put items into the system).
    The item duct is meant to work with the electric buffers, sorters and translocators. For while the duct can output items, it cannot take them from machines without a translocator. In addition, a duct will never connect to more than one duct/machine/chest, so a buffer is neccessary for bringing multiple duct chains together and an electric sorter to function in the same capacity as a diamond pipe/Sorting machine (btw, the sorter has a horrible GUI. Seriously greg, why couldn't you give it a GUI like the sorting machine/diamond pipe? Simple and effective. There's a reason why almost no one uses your current automation machines, you know?).

How exactly is that different from small buffer? (besides less EU)

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• Official Post

How exactly is that different from small buffer? (besides less EU)

Thats why i prefer my "tube" suggestion.
    Also, most people don't use GT automation because it is expensive and cost EU, although it is very effective for compact setups.

• Also, most people don't use GT automation because it is expensive and cost EU, although it is very effective for compact setups.

Yeah, we really need a tube-like, that wouldn't be expensive as hell, and wouldn't consume tons of EU ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Yeah, we really need a tube-like, that wouldn't be expensive as hell, and wouldn't consume tons of EU ...

My Electromagnetic tube suggestion, without the * "distance of farthest tube" on the formula.
    A 100 tube network would cost 10 EU/t (100 * 0,1) to keep active, while it can transport "infinite" amounts of items in it.

• Yeah, we really need a tube-like, that wouldn't be expensive as hell, and wouldn't consume tons of EU ...

Which is what my item duct suggestion is for. We'll never get a tube from greg. He only makes square blocks.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• What about making Tin needed by some machines, like a low tier assembling table, that would make Circuits and Advanced Circuits at a cheaper cost in Cables/Electrum but would instead cost tin ? I'm saying that, because Tin is very used for cheap circuits fabrication, and that'll be fun storing liquid tin to run these assemblers ^^
    Btw, since Tin would become more useful, maybe you could implement some Zinc to Cells-like recipies.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Which is what my item duct suggestion is for. We'll never get a tube from greg. He only makes square blocks.

Which is a shame, i could do models for him ^^

• Yeah, we really need a tube-like, that wouldn't be expensive as hell, and wouldn't consume tons of EU ...

What I would really like is sort of like a tube for use by vanilla hoppers which is sorta like the extension of the 'end' of the hopper. You would still need a hopper to get stuff into the tubes. It would make sense since the hopper is basically a 'chute with an inventory', so you could add more chutes to the system without adding inventory. Would be much more realistic than BC pipes or RP tubes. Also makes it easier to transfer items up.

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• 1)[Nether Anthracite and Radioactive Isotope]

Well, remember of the old post I made about Anthracite and such ? I thought you could/should make it spawn like the other Nether Ores, but with a maximum of Ores per chunk even higher, but with an average of Ore per chunk quite lower. And I also thought you should replace that "Anthracite Ore" with "Radioactive Anthracite Ore", so it would be more Thorium-esque(/C14, because I suggested ... well, I guess you remember), with a bit less of Coal. So that would be a way of buffing Thorium, since its got nerfed and since I suggested to makes it unobtainable from Coal Ore (but Firedamp would actually be cool :D)

2) Thinking with a scientist point of view, I suggest you to make Methane 5 time rarer from recipes (so 4 H2-cells + 1 O2-cells would give only one Methane Cell) but make it more energetic instead. (so 1 Methane Cell would worth 225 000 EU). So it'd be more logic in terms of chemistry/density (in mol.L^-1)/Stoechyometric thingies.

3) What about Multi-Block Nuclear Reactor "components" ?
    I mean, I thought we could add up to (8+8+4=20 blocks) which would affect the reactor, like some external vents, that would cool the reactor down, just like others, but without taking anyslot, or even Reflectors block, that could randomly add some pulse based on the numbers of pulses emitted by the cells, or some HA-Casing Machine Blocks to increase the global efficiency (as an example, one block could add 1% of efficiency, so 20 HA-Casing Machine would add 20% of the EU output per tick).

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Official Post

Like the Different heat vents could Lower heat a little (depending on the vent) and never break, but if it is outputing the maximum heat it can it makes everything nearby have a chance to light on fire. xD

• I couldn't think of a better suggestion than this, as anything besides very compact item transport is not feasible with only small electric buffers. :thumbup:

• Like the Different heat vents could Lower heat a little (depending on the vent) and never break, but if it is outputing the maximum heat it can it makes everything nearby have a chance to light on fire. xD

Or that heat could be used to generate Heat ? ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!