[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

The Stargate should require 32768eu/t While running :D

• Throwing out some ideas for some special fusion-only metals, mostly just as alternate recipes.
    Zinc (Zn, 30) + Aluminium (Al, 13) = Technetium (Tc, 43)

Technetium is used IRL to produce electrons without gamma rays so maybe you can place it in a reactor and while it slowly (half-life IRL of 4.2 million years) degenerates into Ruthenium (Ru, 44), it produces maybe 1 EU/t.

And then Ruthenium IRL is used to harden Platinum so maybe using it in some recipes would reduce costs?

Also Ruthenium (Ru, 43) + Beryllium (Be, 4) = Silver (Ag, 47)

Copper (Cu, 29) + Carbon (C, 6) = Bromine (Br, 35)

Bromine could be used to make Fire Retardant suits (Advanced Hazmat?) or used as additive to petrol.

Also Arsenic. Zinc (Zn, 30) + Lithium (Li, 3) = Arsenic (As, 33)
    Maybe make Industrial Splash Potions of Wither?

Germanium. Zinc (Zn, 30) + Helium (He, 2) = Germanium (Ge, 32)
    Germanium could be used as a replacement for Silicon in most recipes. Maybe even give more.

Cadmium. Silver (Ag, 47) + Hydrogen (H, 1) = Cadmium (Cd, 48)
    Cadmium-Nickel batteries. Either as a replacement crafting recipe (give 16?) for RE-Batteries or a new battery that stores 150k EU.

Cadmium (Cd, 48) + Helium (He, 2) = Tin (Sn, 50)
    Silver (Ag, 47) + Lithium (Li, 3) = Tin (Sn, 50)
    No idea why people would burn tier-2/4 metals to get tin though.

Antimony (Cd, 48) + Lithium (Li, 3) = Antimony (Sb, 51)
    Tin (Sn, 50) + Hydrogen (H, 1) = Antimony (Sb, 51)
    Could be used to make advanced hazmat suit. Also smelt with lead to get Antimony-Lead alloy that could be used to replace Steel in some uses.

Cobalt (Co, 27)
    Iron (Fe, 26) + Hydrogen (H, 1) = Cobalt (Co, 27)
    Chrome (Cr, 23) + Beryllium (Be, 4) = Cobalt (Co, 27)
    Titanium (Ti, 22) + Carbon (C, 6) = Cobalt (Co, 27)
    Calcium (Ca, 20) + Nitrogen (N, 7) = Cobalt (Co, 27)
    It could be used in electroplating (maybe stainless steel in GT in the future?). It could also replace lapis as blue dye in some recipes. Lithium cobalt oxide (LiCoO2) is also used in most Lithium-Batteries.

It's interesting how GregTech fusion just screws neutrons.

• Official Post

Ahem, 1000000 EU/t.

Pfft, who needs Neutrons.

What does the new Fusion reactor make? 66kk? 6.6kk?

• Official Post

0.5K EU in 5 IRL days.

i have no idea :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• 1. I was purposely trying to find stuff that wouldn't be seen as OP, since silicon is infinite.
    2. Look at the original post for future fusion reactor recipes. Some day, Manganese + Hydrogen = iron.

... Did you realise it would cost TONS OF EU and TONS OF CROMIUM + IRIDIUM + ... you know ... I mean, I would use that if these recipies were using 120 000 000 EU to start, and then GENERATING like 2048EU/t ... (which is really almost nothing, but hey, that's Aston curve) It's not like you can't already get tons of Iron with GT ... I'd agree about automating Tungsten (even though you can already make it with Lava ...), but Iron isn't really that valuable with GT.

Gold (Au, 79) + Hydrogen (H, 1) = Mercury (Hg, 80)

... Again, a stupid one. Why ? Because, the main use of Mercury cells (apart from maling SU-batteries or RE-Batteries, which aren't that used when you reached the Fusion Reactor ^^) is in the Ind. Grinder, and you get it from REDSTONE, i.e the thing you have tons of, plus it also has tons of cool byproducts ... so what I'm trying to tell you, is that Basically, Mercury Cells are used for Platine/Iridium and ... GOLD. Make Gold out of energy, Hydrogen and Gold, HAYO!*

*This HAYO! is really the one you shouldn't trust. Because that's related to our worst product ever.

So, no Welded Blast-proof blocks then?

Once again, and Greg will tell you "so, you won't stop telling me about Molten Salts Reactors Welded Blast-proofs blocks ?". A few more and you'll be added on the Denied Suggestioners List, so Sirus won't feel alone ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

... Did you realise it would cost TONS OF EU and TONS OF CROMIUM + IRIDIUM + ... you know ... I mean, I would use that if these recipies were using 120 000 000 EU to start, and then GENERATING like 2048EU/t ... (which is really almost nothing, but hey, that's Aston curve) It's not like you can't already get tons of Iron with GT ... I'd agree about automating Tungsten (even though you can already make it with Lava ...), but Iron isn't really that valuable with GT.

... Again, a stupid one. Why ? Because, the main use of Mercury cells (apart from maling SU-batteries or RE-Batteries, which aren't that used when you reached the Fusion Reactor ^^) is in the Ind. Grinder, and you get it from REDSTONE, i.e the thing you have tons of, plus it also has tons of cool byproducts ... so what I'm trying to tell you, is that Basically, Mercury Cells are used for Platine/Iridium and ... GOLD. Make Gold out of energy, Hydrogen and Gold, HAYO!*

*This HAYO! is really the one you shouldn't trust. Because that's related to our worst product ever.

Once again, and Greg will tell you "so, you won't stop telling me about Molten Salts Reactors Welded Blast-proofs blocks ?". A few more and you'll be added on the Denied Suggestioners List, so Sirus won't feel alone ^^

D:
    but... but... megaman nukes.. :(
    Also, imma go on PS2 if you wanna join matt.

• ... Did you realise it would cost TONS OF EU and TONS OF CROMIUM + IRIDIUM + ... you know ... I mean, I would use that if these recipies were using 120 000 000 EU to start, and then GENERATING like 2048EU/t ... (which is really almost nothing, but hey, that's Aston curve) It's not like you can't already get tons of Iron with GT ... I'd agree about automating Tungsten (even though you can already make it with Lava ...), but Iron isn't really that valuable with GT.

Yeah, a lot of those were just me having fun. However, Greg already has it on his to-do list to add manganese + hydrogen = iron, and the manganese recipe was just an extension of that idea.
    Also, from what I can tell, it seems that Greg's intention with the fusion reactor is to eventually turn it into both an energy producer as well as an even more expensive alternative to the matter fabricator, but with the cavet that it's only capable of producing refined elements, rather then complex things like redstone or glowstone or rubies.

• Official Post

By teh way, any fusion of elements with more protons than iron would cost energy as IRL, although i may recommend doing so with elements with more protons than calcium.
    So, anything heavier than calcium (20) would cost energy to produce.

Thats why i may suggest a new formula :
    Energy required to sustain reaction = 512 * (X-20) with X being n* of protons of "product". [Anything "heavier" than calcium will cost energy, while "lighter" ones produce.]
    Energy required to start reaction = 100000 + 1000X
    Duration of fusion is up to you to decide how much each fusion would generate/consume.

Plasma should be only cooled on plasma generator, not consumed.
    Helium plasma -> plasma generator -> gaseous helium.
    For every 4 bucket of plasma, it cools down to one bucket of gas/liquid/solid

More suggestions to fusion list :
    Oxygen (O, 8 ) + Oxygen (O, 8 ) = Sulfur (S, 16)
    Oxygen (O, 8 ) + Nitrogen (N, 7) = Phosphor (P, 15) [Only available if forestry is installed]
    Lithium (Li, 3) + Lithium (Li, 3) = Carbon (C, 6) [Coal dust]
    Helium (He, 2) + Helium (He, 2) = Berylium (Be, 4) / Hydrogen (H, 1) + Lithium (Li, 3) = Berylium (Be, 4)
    Lead (Pb, 82) + Oxygen (O, 8 )= Thorium (Th, 90)

• @Sirus We are talking about Stargates, not energy-o-wasters. Powering a Stargate is easy. But honestly, I never built one. And building a Stargate might reqiure some energy.
    @Doghead 5 Days? ITS A STARGATE NOT A <Something that runs longer than 38 Minutes>!

• Official Post

We need electric sickles. And grafters. And a lower tier electric sword which isn't a chainsaw.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

We need electric sickles. And grafters. And a lower tier electric sword which isn't a chainsaw.

Electric sword?
    Get an iron sword, some bunch of SU-batteries and link them with a uninsulated copper wire...

• Official Post

Half a Minute is more than enough to go through a Stargate. And SpwnX, you just electrocuted yourself by forgetting Insulation for the handle.

Oops, a piece of rubber might do the job.
    recipe could be :
    SU-b/Ins.Copper cable/SU-b
    SU-b/Iron Sword/SU-b
    SU-B/rubber/SU-b

It has the durability of a gem sword while dealing 7.5 hearts of damage.

@Greg : Some posts above, a small suggestion about fusion, what do you think about it?

• I have been getting up to date on MFFS and it has gotten some SERIOUS updates. I am so happy for that mod. One of the changes is is that it removes Monazit Ore. That means we have no Monazite/Monazit Ore available for Thorium extraction. That also means that if you add it, you have no competition. :) What do you think of my suggestion, you didn't say anything? Was it bad?

• Official Post

I have been getting up to date on MFFS and it has gotten some SERIOUS updates. I am so happy for that mod. One of the changes is is that it removes Monazit Ore. That means we have no Monazite/Monazit Ore available for Thorium extraction. That also means that if you add it, you have no competition. :) What do you think of my suggestion, you didn't say anything? Was it bad?

Then we should just add a "highly radioactive ore", when macerated gives uranium (5 dusts) and when grind gives uranium (6 dusts), thorium (4 dusts) and plutonium (2 dusts).
    While in inventory it gives you wither I for 30s.

To keep you safe from radiation you must use a lead box (tool box + 8 lead), has 27 slots, able to carry any radioactive thing (including UE ones).
    Also, greg you could make uranium/thorium/plutonium stuff radioactive giving wither II/I/III respectively.