[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Since there is going to be more world gen added, is there a way to regenerate the ore in a already active world?

You can add ores to worlds that lacks them (if greg ever adds one), but if its a generation change (like tiny/small/medium/big/huge ore clusters, dropping "ore cluster" items when mined), it will make the world overpopulated with ores, as it just generates them again, not caring about already generated ones.
    Not to forget that it can corrupt worlds.

• Greg, could you please add:
    UU recipies for nether quartz and AE quartz
    Gregtech liquid transposer (because I hate having to have some MJ buildcraft lines in by base)
    support for more machine accepting and outputting liquids (mainly the centrifuge and chemical reacor) (possibly have it by crafting the machine with a liquid upgrade so that it doesn't use cells and outputs liquids instead of canning them)
    electric crowbar
    electric hammer
    electric screwdriver
    onmitool for wrench, treetap, hammer, crowbar, and screwdriver (cycling?)
    liquid biofuel (the compressed plantball chain, not forestry stuff)

• Official Post

Biodecomposer :
    Produces Methane, Propane, Buthane and organic matter decomposition.

All three gas are produced by any organic matter inserted, the difference between organic matter input would be the amount and ratio.
    Sewage (MFR) or rotten flash could be used as an "amplifier" (catalyst) to increase yield and speed, but it can't run solely on it.

Recipe of main block would require mushrooms (fungi, decompositors) , water cells, bio cells (not extracted) and some tier 2 circuitry.

Or if you decide to make it multiblock :
    5x5x5 multiblock standard machine casings, Input hatches (Sewage and rotten flesh(liquid amplifier/solid amplifier) , water and organic matter), Output hatches (One for each gas), Control block, energy insertion hatch (Not required, but if 1 EU every second is supplied it doubles speed of the decomposition by electric inducing decomposers metabolism).

• Cool idea. Just don't let it become powerful, as people will stop using Nuclear Energy, and seek that as an alternative.

• Official Post

Cool idea. Just don't let it become powerful, as people will stop using Nuclear Energy, and seek that as an alternative.

Thats why i didnt say any values, just the concept.
    Those have to be decided by greg, so he can "balance" it alongside other generators.
    Also, this would be a nice way to promote his gas turbine.

• Or Greg could just implement his planned nuclear reactor revamp.

Also, a very odd coincidence is that I had the exact same idea last night, but as a part of a continuation of Advanced Generators.
    Which also reminds me of another idea I had last night which would be a good suggestion...

Could you add your own versions of the Advanced generators' wood burner? Some suggestions for how it could work;

There would be two versions, a low-tech multiblock one which is made of a 3x3x3 block structure made of bricks, with a firebox on one of the bottom sides, a machine block in the center, and a gas exhaust on the top. The GUI would have an input slot for charcoal/coal/burnable stuff, which can be automatically input into from the firebox, a slot or two for wood blocks, a slot for empty cells with a tank next to it for the wood gas, and an output slot for filled cells, which can be accessed from the gas exhaust. Since the woodblock slot would be inaccessable to automation, this means that it cannot be fully automated, and requires you to empty and refill the machine from time to time.
    Once you've put woodblocks into the right slot, it will then begin to consume burnable fuel. This will be spent to increase an internal progress bar until a certain amount has been consumed, anywhere from 16-32 charcoal worth. Once this has been achieved, it will consume the wood blocks and make the woodblock slot inaccessable, count how many wood blocks it's consumed, and then slowly output an amount of wood gas proportional to that amount. I was thinking that a stack should take about a full minecraft day to be fully exhausted, and once it has finished it will output an amount of charcoal equal to the amount of woodblocks consumed.

The second version would be a more compact single-block electric wood burner, which would work more like the wood burners from advanced generators. It would basically be a furnace that runs off EU, can only burn woodblocks, and also output some wood gas into an internal tank. (but less per woodblock then the manual version above)

Also, could you make electric wrenches making machine blocks a config option, Greg?

• Official Post

Suggestion:
    Advanced Assembling Machine :
    Has a 7x7 crafting grid, allowing the craft of complex things, although it is not instant, it requires time and energy.
    Elite Circuits would be crafted on it, Tier 2+ machines and iridium plate alloy.
    This would replace MANY recipes from the assembling machine, although simpler ones can be kept there, like random parts assembling.

• Advanced Assembling Machine :
    Has a 7x7 crafting grid, allowing the craft of complex things, although it is not instant, it requires time and energy.
    Elite Circuits would be crafted on it, Tier 2+ machines and iridium plate alloy.
    This would replace MANY recipes from the assembling machine, although simpler ones can be kept there, like random parts assembling.

I agree we need something like that for very advanced features. Not for Elite Circuits/Data Storage Circuits and such though. That should be used for some new features.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Two suggestions:
    1. Laser Crystallizer machine - uses lots of power to use special lasers to form a dust into a crystal shape. Turns 1 dust into its gem, no dust is wasted. More expensive than implosion Compressor.
    2. Overwriting of ICBM mod recipes, to use GregTech and IC2 stuffs. Also, in the future, possibly make Antimatter/Red Matter explosives create-able out of antimatter/red matter stuffs?
    That would be nice, because then, we could turn our entire world into a Glowing radioactive wasteland, and use the light and gamma radiation to make lots of energy for thousands of years! HAYO!

• 1. Laser Crystallizer machine - uses lots of power to use special lasers to form a dust into a crystal shape. Turns 1 dust into its gem, no dust is wasted. More expensive than implosion Compressor.

That may be a good Idea but ... it doesn't make enough uses for this machine, and I guess the ratio 4/3 is fully intended and should not be turned into a lossless conversion ratio. And what would you do of the ITNT consumption ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

That may be a good Idea but ... it doesn't make enough uses for this machine, and I guess the ratio 4/3 is fully intended and should not be turned into a lossless conversion ratio. And what would you do of the ITNT consumption ?

Instead of a laser thing, just shove it in the blast furnace with an extremely long time (1200 seconds?).

• one more suggestion (not sure if implemented or already suggested) you should make ind. centrifuge/electrolyzer etc. recipies for potash from metallurgy i jsut noted that nothing could be done with it besIdeS make fertilizer XD im sure you could think of something greg!

heres a little "research"(wikipedia) that might help
    "Potash refers to potassium compounds and potassium-bearing materials, the most common being potassium chloride (KCl)"

so centrifuge/ electrolyze it down to those two and idk what else maybe gravel or something

"In addition to its use as a fertilizer, potassium chloride is important in industrialized economies, where it is used in aluminium recycling, by the chloralkali industry to produce potassium hydroxide, in metal electroplating, oil-well drilling fluid, snow and ice melting, steel heat-treating, and water softening. Potassium hydroxide is used for industrial water treatment and is the precursor of potassium carbonate, several forms of potassium phosphate, many other potassic chemicals, and soap manufacturing. Potassium carbonate is used to produce animal feed supplements, cement, fire extinguishers, food products, photographic chemicals, and textiles. It is also used in brewing beer, pharmaceutical preparations, and as a catalyst for synthetic rubber manufacturing. These non-fertilizer uses have accounted for about 15% of annual potash consumption in the United States.[1]"

i see alot of potential for potash greg XD!

name a mod... I've tried putting it into my modpack!

172 mods
    11 power systems
    infinite fun

• just shove it in the blast furnace with an extremely long time (1200 seconds?).

Dust-to-Gems recipies are denied using the BF ^^. But what about Blast Furnace THEN crystallizer with like 1 hour per dust ? ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Multiblock generators suggestion :
    First, make them ALL output steam and require a water insertion hatch, water blocks will be required.
    It won't actually drain the water block, but extract water from it, like TE Aqueous Accumulator. Water hatch will scan the a 3x3x3 area of the generator for water and 9 blocks must be filled with water.
    This will make each generator require a steam turbine for it (either directly adjacent or somehow connected), like nearly all RL generators do.

What if I want to play with no-infinite water and refuse to use stuff that pulls water out of nothing?

Also, everything producing steam is kind of stupid.

Thermal generator : Insert lava, outputs obsidian (and steam)
    Generator : Insert burnable solids, outputs CO2 (and steam)
    Plasma Generator : Insert Plasma, outputs gaseous whatever-plasma-thing-you-inserted (and steam)

Ok, makes sense but I think there might be alternative ways to produce energy from plasma.

Diesel generator : Insert fuel, outputs CO2 (and steam)
    Semifluid generator : Insert fluids, outputs CO2 (and steam)
    Gas Turbine : Insert burnable gasses, outputs CO2 (and steam)

Those three all work pretty much the same way as internal combustion engine does. Burning fuel to create steam is horribly inefficient.

Magic Energy Converter : Insert Magic items, output flux (and pure energy from the magic energy transformer [dynamo block])

It's magic so it can be whatever it wants to :)

Overall the extra byproducts is a good thing. I've always wondered how can one dump liquid rock into a machine and have it completely disappear. Burning coal/wood at least makes sense.

• Official Post

Any Ideas on "spare parts" I could use for a Steam outputting Thermal Generator? Oh wait! How about a Filter for valuable resources! (which is still way less efficient than Centrifuging Lava). Don't worry, the Geogen will only require the Filter for getting these Resources, and won't explode due to breaking Filters.

The Diesel Generator will be just like a Car Motor, and is especially used for Fuel/Biofuel/Ethanol etc. One could use a Boiler for these Fuels, but that would be inefficient.

The large Semi Fluid Generator will be replaced by a Boiler.

The Generator will be the Boiler as well.

The Gas Turbine doesn't output any Steam, SpwnX. It's a TURBINE, it rotates because of the burning Gas.

Also that "Water Hatch" can also be an Input Hatch with Drain Cover on it...

• Any Ideas on "spare parts" I could use for a Steam outputting Thermal Generator? Oh wait! How about a Filter for valuable resources! (which is still way less efficient than Centrifuging Lava). Don't worry, the Geogen will only require the Filter for getting these Resources, and won't explode due to breaking Filters.

Filter to lessen the "smoke" going up to make the thing less visible in future when pollution gets added?

The Gas Turbine doesn't output any Steam, SpwnX. It's a TURBINE, it rotates because of the burning Gas.

I thought it's just rotating turbine due to moving gas. Burning just creates pressure by expanding liquid into gas form.

• Official Post

Any Ideas on "spare parts" I could use for a Steam outputting Thermal Generator? Oh wait! How about a Filter for valuable resources! (which is still way less efficient than Centrifuging Lava). Don't worry, the Geogen will only require the Filter for getting these Resources, and won't explode due to breaking Filters.

Also that "Water Hatch" can also be an Input Hatch with Drain Cover on it...

I think getting obsidian from thermal generators (then processing on electrolyzers for iron/magnesium/silicium) would be better.
    or the thermal generator produces both obsidian and "metal clusters" which can be macerated then quickly electrolyzed for metals.

About "Water Hatch" for boilers, it would spam updates due always draining water =) for boilers
    If your drain cover were able to get water just like TE aqueous accumulator (if it doesnt have the no-infinite water thingy) it would be nice. Work normally for other fluids.

I thought it's just rotating turbine due to moving gas. Burning just creates pressure by expanding liquid into gas form.

liquid to gas?
    I think its 1 CH4 (g) + 2 O2 (g) -> 1 CO2 + 2 H20 (g), which leads into heat and causes the air to expand, creating pressure, then the pressure is "released" through the turbine.

• I think getting obsidian from thermal generators (then processing on electrolyzers for iron/magnesium/silicium) would be better.
    or the thermal generator produces both obsidian and "metal clusters" which can be macerated then quickly electrolyzed for metals.

What about some sort of liquid form of waste that you need to purify for useful stuff? That would make it far easier to have it be dumped out bit by bit instead of big chunks in form of (tiny) dust piles.

E.g let's say we dump a bucket worth of lava in a generator together with a bucket of water. We get a ton of steam, bunch of sand/gravel (or other useless byproduct) and 100mB of "waste". Of that 100mB 53 would be water, 20 obsidian, 16 copper, 8 tin, 2 gold, 2 silver, 1 tungsten (numbers are just an example and tons of fine-tuning would be needed). Another machine (multiblock centrifuge?) would be able to separate those liquids into pure stuff. Each full bucket of that pure stuff would equate to one full dust pile/ingot/block.

Can one apply random and changing NBT data to liquids? That would even make it possible to have liquids that have random stuff mixed in them without needing all new liquid for every single possible output.

liquid to gas?
    I think its 1 CH4 (g) + 2 O2 (g) -> 1 CO2 + 2 H20 (g), which leads into heat and causes the air to expand, creating pressure, then the pressure is "released" through the turbine.

Yeah, I oversimplified it a bit too much there :)

[edit]
    Why asked about being able to modify NBT data of liquids is that I've had an idea for massively liquid-based "industry" in MC for ages. E.g when I drill stuff with a miner I'd not get blocks but some kind of mix of useless stuff, water and useful thing. E.g I spend a bucket of water to "dig" a block to get two buckets of "potentially useful mud" - PUM. If I hit an ore block I might get two buckets of PUM. Those two buckets would contain e.g 1000mB water and 1000mB of iron and I'll dump it to a huge tank. Next I hit 10 cobble blocks in a row giving me 10 buckets of water, 5 buckets of sand, 3 buckets of gravel and 2 buckets of dirt and I'll dump that to the same tank as well. Basically the PUM in the tank (and in all the pipes/machines) would have constantly changing content. It could go from pure water to mix of several tens of different ingredients while technically still being the same liquid. It could be passed through all sorts of filters, centrifuges, electrolysers, heating ovens etc to separate the useful from the useless.

• Official Post

Dust-to-Gems recipies are denied using the BF ^^. But what about Blast Furnace THEN crystallizer with like 1 hour per dust ? ^^

Then just put a mold in it... Things are formed into a Single Crystal by Heating them slowly...
    Perhaps putting it in the blast furnace to make a Molten gem Sludge, then vacuum freezing it for a Very long time.

• Isn't flour is made from seeds instead of wheat hay/straw? It also would be nice if there will be "raw" form of bread instead of simply smelting flour, something like:

Wheat seeds -> Flour (macerator)
    Flour + Egg -> Raw Bread (crafting, probably may cause hunger when eaten, e.g. the same way as Raw Chicken)
    Raw Bread -> Bread (smelting)

9x Flour <-> Flour Bag (crafting)

Also a bit more industrial way for processing reed:

Reed -> Unprocessed Reed Mash (macerator)
    Unprocessed Reed Mash -> Unrefined Sugar + Molasses Bottle + Compressed Plant Ball? (centrifuge)
    Unrefined Sugar -> Refined Sugar (extractor)
    Refined Sugar + Molasses -> Brown Sugar (crafting, may be used instead of usual sugar for coffee recipe)
    Refined Sugar -> Sugar Cubes (compressor, for horses?)
    Refined Sugar -> Fruit Sugar + Glucose (centrifuge, ???)

Geogen may drain heat from lava until it hardened and become kind of hardened stone... you may treat it as enriched stone and put it in grinder to get different stuff, something like APS Grinder does with bulk blocks.
    And if you really want to extract something useful then you should put lava in electrolyzer, because most electrolyzing processes is usually done on a melted/liquid materials... if I not mistaken.