[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

And if you really want to extract something useful then you should put lava in electrolyzer, because most electrolyzing processes is usually done on a melted/liquid materials... if I not mistaken.

True to most metals, unless if those can be dissoluted in water/any other liquid to make ions and has a lower electronegativity than hydrogen (or something like if not mistaken).
    Btw, electrolyzer "melts" them to do the electrolyzing process thus using lots of energy.
    Centrifuge shouldn't be the one that is able to extract materials from lava (as the metals are melted as a huge alloy and can only get separated through electrolysis) but whatever this is minecraft.

• Centrifuge shouldn't be the one that is able to extract materials from lava (as the metals are melted as a huge alloy and can only get separated through electrolysis) but whatever this is minecraft.

It can. You're wrong, because you assume electrolyzing is "chemical" and centrifuging is "mechanical" right ? Then let me say that chemical energy = potential mechanical energy ^^ (due to electronegativity and such, and you know, q1*q2* ... Wikipedia will be easier ^^. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulomb%27s_law

2. Overwriting of ICBM mod recipes, to use GregTech and IC2 stuffs. Also, in the future, possibly make Antimatter/Red Matter explosives create-able out of antimatter/red matter stuffs?
    That would be nice, because then, we could turn our entire world into a Glowing radioactive wasteland, and use the light and gamma radiation to make lots of energy for thousands of years! HAYO!

I approve that suggestion. I just hate having to use UE and some of its addons just to use ICBM ^^. (even though I like AS for its uraninite ^^)

Burning coal/wood at least makes sense.

And generate ASH. (and CO2, which can be considered as nothing as it's hard to keep and above all, useless ^^)

Those three all work pretty much the same way as internal combustion engine does. Burning fuel to create steam is horribly inefficient.

IT IS efficient. It just depend on how much of the Heat you can get back from the steam ^^ (which is generally very low, making this way of producing electricity unefficient ^^. As an example, Nuclear Reactor output 3x more heat than we actually convert into electricty, the rest being just wasted. Imagine how efficient it would be with a 100% conversion ratio!!!)

The Gas Turbine doesn't output any Steam, SpwnX. It's a TURBINE, it rotates because of the burning Gas.

Which is EXTREMLY unefficient. Outputting steam would make it like 10 time more efficient. (using heat to turn water into steam instead of using just the "explosion" of the gas)

Wheat seeds -> Flour (macerator)

I agree with that. I suggested that months ago to Vanilla IC²! :)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Isn't flour is made from seeds instead of wheat hay/straw? It also would be nice if there will be "raw" form of bread instead of simply smelting flour, something like:

Wheat seeds -> Flour (macerator)
    Flour + Egg -> Raw Bread (crafting, probably may cause hunger when eaten, e.g. the same way as Raw Chicken)
    Raw Bread -> Bread (smelting)

In that case it should be possible to make wheat seeds from the harvested wheat as well. It's not hay, after all.

• What about molten salt multiblock nuclear steam reactor?

Molten Salts = Steam generation system is OUT of the reactor. Of course, it's supposed to be the same for others reactors but ... you know, outputting hot molten salts would be cooler :D (then steam turbine)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Molten Salts = Steam generation system is OUT of the reactor. Of course, it's supposed to be the same for others reactors but ... you know, outputting hot molten salts would be cooler :D (then steam turbine)

Actually, its planned like that:
    Salt -> Reactor -> Molten Salt -> Thermal Boiler -> Salt + Steam -> Steam Turbine -> EU

• Rough idea on the kind of output on something like that?

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Official Post

Salt -> Reactor -> Molten Salt -> Thermal Boiler -> Salt + Steam -> Steam Turbine -> EU

Now that we are in the subject of molten salts, add a salt -> solar tower -> molten salt multiblock thingy =)

• What about depleted Thorium cells? They could be centrifuged to return a few resources, like a Tiny Pile or two of Neodymium Dust.
    Neodymium could be used in magnets to make Motors and Generators - it would require, say, only one ingot of Neodymium-Iron-Boron magnet, rather than 2 standard magnets. Magnet-generators would be a standard component of Windmills and Watermills, and Motors would be needed in Macerators/Grinders. (maybe a Tier-0 hand-powered grander could be used in place of a macerator, until the user has the resources to make a macerator? The grinder would have a crank and a grinder-head required in 2 slots, and each would get damaged as it is used. There could be Flint, Iron, and Diamond variants of the grinding head, and each would have different durability (and the stronger ones can grind stronger objects, like a diamond grinder can grind diamonds, but a flint grinder can't).
    That would be awesome. It would add so many new options for new players, and the tech tree would have a nice addition or two. No more boring monotonous stripmining and yawning as the ores make their sluggish way from the input chest, to the Industrial Grinder array and to the dust output chest, would be necessary.

• Official Post

The most efficient:
    Helium -> Reactor -> Hot Helium -> Thermal Boiler using Pressurized CO2 -> Helium + Slightly more Gaseous Pressurized CO2 -> Heavy duty Turbine -> EU

• Rare earth extractor (extract rare earth [magnet component]) from dirt?
    Rare earth + metal (idk which) = Magnet (weak), give it some energy to strength the field.

He talk about Nd2Fe14B. I thought about it too, guess it is something like:
    64x Dirt -> Tiny pile of neodymium dust
    4x Tiny pile of neodymium dust -> Neodymium dust
    Neodymium dust + 14x Iron Dust + Boron Dust -> 16x Neodymium magnet

However I'm not sure what crafting process to choose, and there is also Boron.