[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Okay, explain to me this: What will spending Greg's time to make your advanced alloy furnace provide to gameplay? How is it better then, say, nuclear boilers? Or the whole assortment of first-tier bronze machines which Greg is currently working on? Or whatever else Greg has planning for the near future? What will your alloy furnace do, other then energy efficiency? Considering that the alloy smelter already consumes pathetic amounts of EU, this is a rather weaksauce reason to add a new machine. If you want it to add new alloys, why not use the blast furnace? Just kick the alloy's heat requirement up to 11, and that's basically exactly the same challenge to the player as adding a new machine, but with much less work. Are there any other reasons for it?

"multiblock Alloy Furnace for processing certain items (such as putting in Iridium and Osmium and then some Aqua Regia to get some Osmiridium)."
    Not necessarily just for smelting, perhaps it has a slot for a strong chemical which is processed from another machine I suggested. Again these suggestions I make would come at a level after making a fusion reactor, to continue being able to make machinery that does more powerful things and are more complicated.

• Okay, explain to me this: What will spending Greg's time to make your advanced alloy furnace provide to gameplay? How is it better then, say, nuclear boilers? Or the whole assortment of first-tier bronze machines which Greg is currently working on? Or whatever else Greg has planning for the near future? What will your alloy furnace do, other then energy efficiency? Considering that the alloy smelter already consumes pathetic amounts of EU, this is a rather weaksauce reason to add a new machine. If you want it to add new alloys, why not use the blast furnace? Just kick the alloy's heat requirement up to 11, and that's basically exactly the same challenge to the player as adding a new machine, but with much less work. Are there any other reasons for it?

You can melt Metals into Liquids, and cool/extract the ingots whenever you want. By default, cooling would take a few seconds, but requires no EU, but an Ingot Cooler module could be applied to cool the ingots faster, at the cost of EU. Also, strong chemicals could be used for alloying advanced stuff like Osmiridium. It could also make Refined Iron directly from Iron dust, for use in alloying stuff like Invar or something else with Iron in it. Finally, it can produce Liquid metals, that can be poured on the ground via Advanced Reinforced Buckets, and used for advanced traps, like dumping it in front of your base's gate to kill attackers, and it can cool into a block of the metal if there is 1 block of Air above it.

• That really doesn't sound complicated. It sounds like just adding more things for the sake of more things, without adding any really new functionality. (You even call the machines "advanced electrolyzer" and "advanced alloy furnace", and say how their functionality is exactly the same, just moar bettar.)

EDIT @ POST DIRECTLY ABOVE: Okay, an ingot melter sounds alright, it is a unique machine that can have some good creative uses, not to mention cool points. I can see some use for that in alloying and storage.

How about, instead of adding the same machines you already have but 'moar bettar', why not add something which is entirely new, and let the old machines keep their functionality? For example, you could just add Nitric Acid and Hydrochloric Acid as new recipes in the chemical reactor, with Nitric acid being Nitrogen Dioxide + Hydrogen, and Hydrochloric Acid being Chlorine + Hydrogen. (Note how both of these require materials that are only really commonly available later in the game, and the second one gives a use to a currently useless item) Nitric acid is, according to a quick glance over wikipedia, a reagent in explosives, dyes, fertilizer, and rocket propellent, all of which have potential use in-game. Hydrochloric Acid, meanwhile, is used to clean steel before further processing, is a component of PVC plastic, can be used to make zinc chloride for batteries, and can be dumped into oil wells to help dissolve rock for subsequent extraction.

Nitric Acid and Hydrochloric Acid are both components of Aqua Regia, and could be combined in a chemical reactor over a very long period of time. (to encourage overclocking) a cell or more of this could be combined in a crafting table with an ingot of iridium and an ingot of osmium, to yield an Osmiridium Cell, which then has to be smelted in a very high heat blast furnace (Think full chrome casings) over long periods of time (again, to encourage overclocking) to yield an empty cell and 2 Osmiridium Ingots. You can then use this ingot for whatever it is you want it to be used for, and Greg gets to save a few more block IDs for things even cooler then a new alloy furnace, such as stargates, oxygen concentrators, starbase control centers, advanced alien race's ruins, and moon cheese!

• You can melt Metals into Liquids, and cool/extract the ingots whenever you want. By default, cooling would take a few seconds, but requires no EU, but an Ingot Cooler module could be applied to cool the ingots faster, at the cost of EU. Also, strong chemicals could be used for alloying advanced stuff like Osmiridium. It could also make Refined Iron directly from Iron dust, for use in alloying stuff like Invar or something else with Iron in it. Finally, it can produce Liquid metals, that can be poured on the ground via Advanced Reinforced Buckets, and used for advanced traps, like dumping it in front of your base's gate to kill attackers, and it can cool into a block of the metal if there is 1 block of Air above it.

I'd love to see some machines output molten metals (Tinkers Construct wasn't the first mod to do that, y'know), and we can pump them into the vacuum freezer to cool them into ingots just to give that machine more use. The alloy smelter could be crafted with other materials to upgrade it into a multiblock controller. 1.6.x bringing us fluids might be a great time to explore all the ways we can manipulate them :O (that includes I. Grinder and distillation tower too :D)

EDIT: Also! Nerfing lava in the centrifuge is a good idea too. I popped one down, overclocked it a couple times, threw in a pneumatic upgrade, and just let it process lava until my combustion engines ran out of fuel so I could dismantle them without losing fuel, and now I can probably make a whole base out of nothing but bronze!

People who complain about Forestry being nerfed really need to reconsider what all Greg offers them. Bronze with GregTech is actually a buff considering how much free copper and tin you can get with this centrifuge.

• Official Post

I'd love to see some machines output molten metals (Tinkers Construct wasn't the first mod to do that, y'know), and we can pump them into the vacuum freezer to cool them into ingots just to give that machine more use. The alloy smelter could be crafted with other materials to upgrade it into a multiblock controller. 1.6.x bringing us fluids might be a great time to explore all the ways we can manipulate them :O (that includes I. Grinder and distillation tower too :D)

If we were able to extend the distillation tower and the higher it is, more byproducts it is able to produce (and higher overall efficiency).
    Also it should use reinforced casings instead of advanced. Fuel refining is way lower tier than if compared to fusion reactor.

• If we were able to extend the distillation tower and the higher it is, more byproducts it is able to produce (and higher overall efficiency).
    Also it should use reinforced casings instead of advanced. Fuel refining is way lower tier than if compared to fusion reactor.

I'm on the fence on the variable height D.Tower, though I do love variable multiblock structures. The blast furnace is my favorite one just because I can swap out the casings anywhere, and upgrade it with coils too. Mine is connected directly to my I. Grinder and I. Compressor, sharing casings until I start setting up automation that uses multiple multiblock controller machines. I also love that I can have two B. Furnaces sharing a face of casings, with the rest being standard, and have 6 multiblock controllers connected to it at full heat capacity after coil upgrades. Mostly impractical, but still stupidly cool!

• See but that is why I recommended some sort of Chemical Reactor that could be multiblock and made with some sort of Osmium recipe due to how caustic the materials being output and processed would be. And to get the Osmium you would have to go through processing Iridium or Copper through a Machine which would give it in little outputs (it would be made only with an output of the fusion reactor, hence my description of it being the machinery made after the reactor). After you get the Osmium through a lot of EU usage and processing a bunch of materials, you would be able to make an Electrolysis Machine which could process Osmium (and possibly other rare Elements) much more efficiently (so much so that this would be the first machine you would want to make with Osmium). And with Osmium you can also craft these other new Machines, such as the Advanced Chemical Reactor (which not only could combine the much more caustic products, but also have its own built in cool down method as some reactions do need this), some sort of Advanced Alloy Smelter which could be used to make the Osmiridium and other alloys that require extreme acids produced by the reactor. You could also make a Dissolution Machine that could possibly take the output from the Electrolysis Machine (which would be Mixed Osmium Dust or something which could be put in a blast furnace and directly make Osmium) and process it into osmium, iridium, rhodium and ruthenium.

And with all of these new Elements you can start to build your futuristic and space age toys or whatever he has planned. It could be the connecting factor from what we have currently, and the star gate idea he has for the future.

• 1.6.x bringing us fluids

yeah, too bad forge people actually decided to roll back to the old and previously removed liquid system as they didn't have time/willingness to fix the fluid-eating-fluid bug.
    I mean seriously. One doesn't declare a new replacement for something, deprecate the old, release the new, remove the old, wait until several mods have ported to new system and then bring back the old again instead of fixing the new one.

• Official Post

I'm not actually sure if delayed is the right word and if the two systems exist in parallel (again). I've only kept my eye on the discussion and haven't looked at actual code.
    You can read about it here: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/issues/668

That actually means, that people were too lazy to do an easy solution, to fix the Problem temporary. Also it's only for Fluid Blocks, not for Fluids in general. The only thing you could expect is, that you will not be able to pump Oil using my Advanced Pump, until that is fixed. Lava and Water stay vanilla as they were before.

• Just a little suggestion for a new plant: Twig Reeds.

A tier 1, highly tolerant and fast-growing plant, which yields simple sticks when grown. If you increase its gain high enough, it will usually drop a pile or two of wood pulp as well. Its yield of wood pulp can be increased by placing a log underneath it.

• You don't have to waste Block IDs for multiple things. For example, look at Railcraft, inc.; they compact every block they add into only 4 block IDs. All Machines, Controllers, Casings, ores, and everything else in Gregtech could, theoretically, only use up one ID slot, if done properly. If every mod developer did that, ID conflicts would become an almost non-existent for blocks. That's another suggestion, for Gregtech, and all other mods, if possible, to compact as many Blocks into as few IDs as possible. Now go spam the Forge forums tell other developers, get the word to as many as possible.

Just a little suggestion for a new plant: Twig Reeds.

A tier-1. highly tolerant and fast-growing plant, which yields simple sticks when grown. If you increase its gain high enough, it will usually drop a pile or two of wood pulp as well. Its yield of wood pulp can be increased by placing a log underneath it.

Good idea. I support it.
    So long as chunks lose Fertilization intensity over time when farmed, unless enough Fertilizer is applied.

• Official Post

You don't have to waste Block IDs for multiple things. For example, look at Railcraft, inc.; they compact every block they add into only 4 block IDs. All Machines, Controllers, Casings, ores, and everything else in Gregtech could, theoretically, only use up one ID slot, if done properly. If every mod developer did that, ID conflicts would become an almost non-existent for blocks. That's another suggestion, for Gregtech, and all other mods, if possible, to compact as many Blocks into as few IDs as possible. Now go spam the Forge forums tell other developers, get the word to as many as possible.

Sometimes you really need a new Block ID. For example if you want to add Wooden Blocks, but only have Machines, Ores and Storage Blocks. For every Material you need another Block ID. Also you should not make mass placed Blocks TileEntites, as done in Railcraft. Covert did a good Job at doing that only for Stairs and Slabs, as these are not that often Placed. Guess why he didn't do these TileEntities for the normal full Blocks. It eats up Memory for nothing.

When Player added the TileEntities to the CFoam Blocks, he added a buttload of senseless Memory usage, even when you didn't obscurate the Blocks. CFoam is a Block, which is very often used, and it now causes Lag just due to being a TileEntity. That is a case, where I would have used another Block ID for the obscurated Version of the CFoam Block, so that regular and just colored CFoam don't increase Memory usage.

• Official Post

When Player added the TileEntities to the CFoam Blocks, he added a buttload of senseless Memory usage, even when you didn't obscurate the Blocks. CFoam is a Block, which is very often used, and it now causes Lag just due to being a TileEntity. That is a case, where I would have used another Block ID for the obscurated Version of the CFoam Block, so that regular and just colored CFoam don't increase Memory usage.

Is it still possible to rework normal CF blocks to not be TileEntities?

• I agree that oil should be improved, but i feel that it should also include a modified oil mechanic (oil spawns underground, harms player, can be mined with a mid to high tier "drilling rig" multi-block structure, structure is modular, i.e; you need a pump to pump oil out, pump to pump water in for faster extraction, drill for breaking the rock above it, blowout preventer for saving methane, possibly even a fracking mechanic (including a chemical mixer and a multiplex pump) for shale, but due to the political volatility of said mechanic, it might be disadvantageous to implement this sort of thing). basically i would like a more accurate representation of real world oil exploration and development, with more real world machines such as a "hydrocracker" block which can be placed in the same distillation tower structure and separate "Oil Sands" into polymers (plastics), a small amount of coal coke, a small amount of fuel and oil, but there would be two modes, such as in real life, where the said machine can operate at different "temperatures" where high temps give more plastics, and lower temps give more oil. this machine would uses energy, hydrogen cells and water (or RC steam)

For oil sand extraction, the rig would be required and it would require a heater, a pump and lots of water to inject steam into the oil sands to get the oil sands back. this would be a substantially faster way of getting oil sands, but strip mining would be another option. (Possibly RC steam could be used as a substitute for the heater and the water) Possibly the Oil sands could produce Vanadium, which could be used in-place of titanium and (maybe) chrome (but due to balance, refining would have to produce very small amounts of vanadium) Vanadium could also be used in the production of super conductors, though with a low degree of efficiency.

Afterword: this are all preliminary ideas, and quite possibly have balance issues, but i was intrigued by the topic, and felt that the "industrial mod" and the "technological addon" did not address the crucial industrial field of oil, its extraction, its refining, and its end products

• -snip-

This.
    All of this.
    I've been wanting a mod to add oil shales and sands ever since I found out that the Traincraft oil blocks could be processed into oil... WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG?! :c
    Also, I wholeheartedly agree that the distillation tower REALLY needs to be kicked down a tier or two, preferably with the ability to upgrade it for more yield/better efficiency.

• Suggestion: Crocoite as an End ore
    Details: An ore, in the end. It is a crystalline Ore of Chromium and Lead, and Oxygen, formula PbCrO4. Can be processed only in a multiblock Advanced Chemical Separator (see next suggestion in post).
    Can also be used as a replacement for Red dye.
    Drops/Collection: Can be mined to drop 1 Crocoite lump and 2-5 Tiny Piles of Crocoite dust. If Silktouch'd, drops 1 Crocoite Ore, which can be processed in a Grinder for 4 Crocoite Dust, 2 Tiny Piles of Lead dust, and 1 Tiny Pile of Endstone Dust. Requires something advanced like H2SO4 as the processing chemical. Any other processing chemicals will make it yield 1 Common Dung and a Tiny Pile of Endstone Dust, just for the lulz.

Suggestion 2: Advanced Chemical Separator (multiblock machine)
    Details: Advanced machine, that can separate any compound/mixture into its basic elements - for example, it could separate Yellow Garnet Dust into all of the elements of the Uvarovite/etc. dusts that make it up. It is a multiblock machine, requiring a structure of Advanced Machine Casings. The Controller block is crafted from 2 Highly Advanced Machine blocks, 1 Ind. Centrifuge, 1 Ind. Electrolyzer, 2 Pump Modules, 1 Computer Processor, 1 Energy Flow Circuit, and something else that is very expensive.
    Operation: Requires 2 metric sh*t-tons of EU per operation on more complex materials, like Crocoite or C132983H211861N36149O40883S693, but merely a few thousand for trivial stuff like Water or Bronze Dust. Adding Heating Coils ''upgrades'' the machine, requiring a little bit more EU to operate, but speeding up operation significantly (more Heat = stuff moves faster = quicker reactions = less operation time). A Catalyst could even be applied, to make the machine more efficient EU-wise.

Thank you for reading this post, and I hope that you consider the ideas presented.