[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• 1. For the thermal boiler thing, I would use the energy input hatch. I have no idea where you would put it, but that's the block that makes the most sense.

2. Hydroelectric wheels would work by either pumping in a ton of water, or require a waterfall. However, without a form of finite liquid, they would be extremely OP. They would have some machine casing, a main block, a dynamo hatch, a turbine/waterwheel slot, a maintenance hatch, and maybe an input hatch.

3. MSR. Molten Salt Reactor. I personally hate lava, so this is probably the fuel I would use in the aforementioned thermal boiler.

• 1. For the thermal boiler thing, I would use the energy input hatch. I have no idea where you would put it, but that's the block that makes the most sense.

2. Hydroelectric wheels would work by either pumping in a ton of water, or require a waterfall. However, without a form of finite liquid, they would be extremely OP. They would have some machine casing, a main block, a dynamo hatch, a turbine/waterwheel slot, a maintenance hatch, and maybe an input hatch.

3. MSR. Molten Salt Reactor. I personally hate lava, so this is probably the fuel I would use in the aforementioned thermal boiler.

The energy input hatch would make the most sense but I mentioned plugging energy into the main boiler block, just because there is nowhere else to put it.

For the Hydroelectric wheels, it could scan a huge area for water source blocks, and generate energy off of that, any solid blocks would severely hinder efficiency, it would also require maintenance, similar to the other multiblocks, and if it detected another generator using the same scanning are, then efficiency would be hindered proportional to how much of the range was overlapping.

• Good ideas. I was thinking that it would have either an internal or external wheel. The internal wheel would use falling water piped into the multiblock --- So the input hatch would be required to be on top --- or an external waterwheel, which would have some kind of cool in-world wheel like RP2's wind turbine and whindmill. Speaking of which, those would be pretty cool as multiblocks too. Anyway, returning to the waterwheel, It would generate EU based on how many FLOWING water blocks there are within a certain area, and would spin slowly at first, but then start sinning really fast (hence generating a lot of EU).

• Good ideas. I was thinking that it would have either an internal or external wheel. The internal wheel would use falling water piped into the multiblock --- So the input hatch would be required to be on top --- or an external waterwheel, which would have some kind of cool in-world wheel like RP2's wind turbine and whindmill. Speaking of which, those would be pretty cool as multiblocks too. Anyway, returning to the waterwheel, It would generate EU based on how many FLOWING water blocks there are within a certain area, and would spin slowly at first, but then start sinning really fast (hence generating a lot of EU).

The reason I said source instead of flowing is because it is extremely easy to get a ton of flowing blocks, but to get a lot of source blocks it is much harder (maybe it could generate energy off of flowing blocks, but source would make more) by making it require source blocks it would make the generator much harder to spam, that said, a generator where you pipe the water in from the top would be interesting to see, but it shouldn't generate too much energy, and it should use a lot of water.

• Agreed. Quick question: Do you think the water blocks should be consumed when the generator is running, or are they just there?

If water is made non infinite, then this idea would be really good, aside from a few cross-mod exploits (The best use for the RP2 pump imho)
    However, right now, it's like a watermill on steroids. The most balancing feature is the requirement for maintenance, which should be more frequent that usual, due to the corrosive/rusting properties of Minecraftian water.

• Trying to make a water-based generator nonrenewable is just going to lead to a whole lot of exploits. As long as you make its output only slightly higher than an equivalent amount of resources worth of solar panels or windmills, and have it require occasional maintenance and higher tier materials, I think it should be fine. I like the idea of having it require a large reservoir, but it shouldn't have to consume water.

• Thanks for your input! So now the hard part, convincing Greg to consider it :) It would be nice to finally get proper hydroelectric plants, rather than those ugly water towers.

• Trying to make a water-based generator nonrenewable is just going to lead to a whole lot of exploits. As long as you make its output only slightly higher than an equivalent amount of resources worth of solar panels or windmills, and have it require occasional maintenance and higher tier materials, I think it should be fine. I like the idea of having it require a large reservoir, but it shouldn't have to consume water.

Agreed, that's why I think the huge reservoir generator should output more than one that were to consume water, considering water is infinite, the one that were to consume water would consume a lot of water for a not so high output, and the one with the reservoir would have a higher output, but obviously is much harder to setup, and both would require more than average maintenance, they would also require a turbine blade to operate.

• Ok, I think we should get rid of the multiblock water-consuming waterwheel and just get an upgraded version of the watermill that accepts water from pipes. The waterfall watermill is pretty epic, definitely keeping that. Maybe we could have it so it needs water flowing over the wheel to turn it?

• @MultiBlocks WaterMill: See the description I made on the thread of the Compact Windmill addon, which I think would fit better with GT than with CW.

@MSRs: Molten Salts Reactors were Nuclear Reactors heating Salts to be used in Thermal Boilers and so, cooled down to be reused again as Nuclear Coolants. Greg was about to implement it since I was annoying him with that for ages, but also because he was at doing similar stuff. But now it's been delayed due to the Overhaul of the IC2 Reactor system, which I can't even test for now :/

@Nuke+Bacterias: lol, would fit well with the Bacteria Breeding system ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade
    Nearly completely indestructible.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp
    Can see 16 extra colours then humans, including the furthest edges of UV and IR, and even Polarized Light. Its punches are so fast that they actually boil water infront of them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_nutricula
    Can Revert back to its birth state after reproduction, effectively making it immortal.

LIFE FINDS A MOTHER FUCKING WAY
    SCIENCE BITCH

You sai dat Bacteriumz makin shit liek uranium or copper or even pie is unreleastic then u die now

• If water is made non infinite, then this idea would be really good, aside from a few cross-mod exploits (The best use for the RP2 pump imho).

Plain old buildcraft has floodgate that can put water source blocks into world.

• You sai dat Bacteriumz makin shit liek uranium or copper or even pie is unreleastic then u die now

It's not so much that it's unrealistic, more that it's just adding yet another way to get infinite everything. It's not creative, and it's starting to become done to death now...

• On the topic of Large MB Watermills, what about naturally generated structure like "springs" (or Waterfalls) that would give infinite Water (for those using the patch) at a slow rate, some tiny dusts of minerals when you process it and EU in a MB Watermills ?
    In the same way, as BC does, what about adding Lava sources that slowly regenerate over time (maybe in a large zone to complicate easy automation with Tesseracts and the like) ? Gasses sources would be cool as well, given they would have more uses ... I think the Nether is the good area for that ;)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• That's a really cool idea, I can just imagine setting up a pump for natural gas! I think they should spawn in relatively large pockets, but I'm not so sure there should be infinite lava/gas springs (Unless they were extremely slow). I do like the idea of extra resources from water in a water mill, like how miners used to pan for gold, but you would have to add a replacable water filter, or you wouldn't get anything back.

• On the topic of Large MB Watermills, what about naturally generated structure like "springs" (or Waterfalls) that would give infinite Water (for those using the patch) at a slow rate, some tiny dusts of minerals when you process it and EU in a MB Watermills ?
    In the same way, as BC does, what about adding Lava sources that slowly regenerate over time (maybe in a large zone to complicate easy automation with Tesseracts and the like) ? Gasses sources would be cool as well, given they would have more uses ... I think the Nether is the good area for that ;)

It would defiantly be cool to see very slowly regenerating lava, water, and possibly gasses, or oil. In order to get minerals (calcium maybe) from that water it would have to be a different type of water, similar to what BoP does with the hot springs, or water could have a centrifuge recipe giving small amounts of different minerals, like calcium.

Edit: or, like ton2790 said, not have a centrifuge recipe for it, but instead add a replaceable filter to a multiblock watermill, which might have been what you meant in the first place.

Edit2: The filter could in occasion give small dusts of things like calcium, and on rare occasions, nuggets of certain metals. It could use the same filter as the thermal boiler, the lava filter, which could just be renamed to filter.

• Reading a highly regarded scientific french review, I just learned that scientists found a new way to process Iron, by electrolyzing a 1200/1600°C liquid (mostly Iron but also Calcium, Aluminium and Magnesium oxydeS) instead of using tons of Coal (and releasing tons of CO2. Too bad the I.B.F doesn't output Liquid Metals ^^
    This give me an Idea: What about making IBF able to melt any dust for Liquid version of a metal, which could give 1.25 Ingots in the Metal Former or something like that ? Of course it would make necessary to disable every recipies Ingot-or-DerivatedTODust for the macerator but ... we don't need it for recycling ;). Or make the Macerator give 0.8 Dusts per ingots. Or even distinguish "unprocessed" Dusts and "pure/processed" dusts.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I'd like to suggest a few machines more. I'm just throwing concepts, but as I kinda gave up interesting myself in chemistry in favor for physic, recipes-suggestion to complete mine are wellcome ^^.

So here are the Machines I think we should have in GT:
    Crystalizer and Fermentation Device are already on the TO-DO list, so ... let's talk about the stuff left.

First of all, I think we need a Thermal Cracker:
    The point of it is to make BioFuel out of about anything organic with energy cost to balance. Of course, it would be a lot more efficient with Alcohols or already fermentated stuff. It basically convert complex molecules into simple one, which is sometime a loss of energy when you consider the whole thing, but always useful (might turn Seed Oil, Sugar or WaterMelons into Methane/Biofuel, and it would be like 500 EU more in the End for the first one, which would be a terrible gain given the needed machine, BUT it might be useful to get Biofuel (or Methane, it should work also) for a Jetpack, or even the Fuel Based Tools I suggested already!)

It could also turn refined Oil into Methane, reducing the total output, but making it output faster, and with fewer gens!

I don't really know apart from that, but I'm pretty sure it could be used to get/recycle Plastic. IMO it should be an optional step to refine Oil, making you lose some energy for other gains like Plastic, more convenient fuel and perhaps some others Byproducts.

Advanced Electrolyzer: Basically a MultiBlock, faster and a little more efficient Electrolyzer (like 5/10% outputs more). But it would above all be a "Levelling" machine, similar to the IBf but with Voltage. And perhaps it should be done with Heat-resistant Materials in order to Electrolyze Liquid Metals (since I think Grinding/Macerating should give raw Ore Dusts you'd need to electrolyze, and what's more efficient than Melting then Electolyzing ? ^^. Blast Furnaces are IRL partially used as Metals/Ores"Refiners", and most of the Metals on Earth are found as Oxydes (Iron, Al, Ti ...))

As IC2 is adding a Multi-Maceration system, what about adding a Magnetic Sorter (Piston, Magnetizer, Conveyor Belt and Refined Iron Ingots) that would sort Metallic Ores (all Ores containing any kind of Metal, aka all but Coal, and maybe Lapis considering there is not enough Pyrite in ^^) between the First and the Second Maceration ? It could give like 1 tiny dust more OR reduce the energy needed for the whole thingy by turning 2 "Crushed Ores" into 1 "Crushed <Metal> Clusters" that would give the same amount of dust but save a bit of energy (MacerationEUCost<MagneticSortingEUCost), or even just be a nerf to IC2 OPness.
    The machine could also be used as a primitive sorter (accept Ingots/Plates, let them pass and consumes tiny amounts of EU) as well.

Last but not least, rework the Chemical Reactors so it can works at different speeds dependig on the reaction, accept catalyzers to save time/energy, and generate energy for some reactions (catalyzers would increase output and speed as well then).

The best would be a MB, GUI-esque Chemical Reactor (call it advanced if you want), and even, why not secret recipes + OP unknown stuff to process in, so you would research (mostly by testing chemicals and guessing with the reactions) awesome/convenient recipies as way to process something or to generate energy ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Suggestion : Nickel ore have iridium and osmium as byproduct.
    1 nickel ore yields 1 very tiny (1/32 of normal dust) dusts of iridium and osmium when processed on industrial grinder.