[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• How about making matter fabricator a multiblock structure? With all those turbines it looks quite pale in comparison. Maybe advanced matter fabricator?

Also how about some sort of hydro plant/dam? Water mills are absolutely useless right now and I would like to dig that resource area. Maybe bound it to the river biome?

• How about making matter fabricator a multiblock structure? Will all those turbines it looks quite pale in comparison. Maybe advanced matter fabricator?

Sounds fair, but kind of useless. But anyway, the Impl. Compressor for example doesn't require being MB for anything so ...

Also how about some sort of hydro plant/dam? Water mills are absolutely useless right now and I would like to dig that resource area. Maybe bound it to the river biome?

Not like it got suggested (by me and SpwnX especially ^^) like 10 times, on this Thread and some others.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• How about a multiblock "Pressurized Vacuum Furnace"? Very expensive end game item that's able to do basically what the blast furnace does (but instead of compressing gems it actually melts them and they form into the gems basically) without needing industrial tnt but costing quite a bit of EU.

Also is it ever a plan to have metals have a fluid form at all that can be stored or pressed into ingots or anything? Or is that something that's not going to happen in the future?

• Official Post

Suggestion : Filter for Ind. Grinder, so it only uses secondary liquid "catalyzers" (mercury and sodium persulfate) for certain ores or all, if not specified.

Also greg, you really have to adjust your energy orbs, AESU and IDSU energy values to meet IC² changes.
    Lapotron now holds as much as your energy orb (10M) and an energy crystal as an old lapotron (1M)

• How about adding a particle accelerator? It would be a machine even better (and of course more expensiv) than the Fusionreactor. You can gain with it antimatter which has to be stored into special and expensiv storages. And then you can put it into a Matter/Antimatter Generator, where you also have to put, besides the antimatter, some normal matter.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
    Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten feuertrunken,
    Himmlische, dein Heiligthum!
    Deine Zauber binden wieder
    Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
    Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

• How about adding a particle accelerator? It would be a machine even better (and of course more expensiv) than the Fusionreactor. You can gain with it antimatter which has to be stored into special and expensiv storages. And then you can put it into a Matter/Antimatter Generator, where you also have to put, besides the antimatter, some normal matter.

We suggested it already ^^
    IMO it should be more like a highly-upgradable thingy that would be useful for researches, tech trees (the longer the heavier the particles you can discover/generate) and not only an Antimatter Generator.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Would it be possible to allow Cells to be crafted using Aluminum? Maybe its just me but with about 30K iron in storage, i have zero tin for cells. I have 7K aluminum ingots stored up too, and not many ways to use them. Maybe i did something differently than most to get such a huge surplus of aluminum...?

Really any other way to make cells would help, but aluminum makes sense i think, and its a higher 'tier' metal than tin so it wouldnt upset any sort of balance, would it?

Creating antimatter to "burn" with normal matter for power is always energy negative process.

Using antimatter for things like stargates or whatever else Greg planned to add is a different story, though.

• Creating antimatter to "burn" with normal matter for power is always energy negative process.

It depends. If you create if out of pure energy, then yes. But guess what, the LHC sometimes turns hadrons into others particles, such as Antimatter ... I think theoretically you can get Antimatter for less energy than what it could give you, assuming youwould collect it entirely.

Would it be possible to allow Cells to be crafted using Aluminum? Maybe its just me but with about 30K iron in storage, i have zero tin for cells. I have 7K aluminum ingots stored up too, and not many ways to use them. Maybe i did something differently than most to get such a huge surplus of aluminum...?

Really any other way to make cells would help, but aluminum makes sense i think, and its a higher 'tier' metal than tin so it wouldnt upset any sort of balance, would it?

Agreed. Not like Tin is a rare ressource though, but I don't see any point not to use Al for that sake.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Agreed. Not like Tin is a rare ressource though, but I don't see any point not to use Al for that sake.

Its possible that im just making an error somewhere because I am new to gregtech. I am not real sure about processing cells to empty them out, without knowing exactly what is coming for me as I move along the tech tree. I have thousands of silicon cells, should i put them all in the blast furnace to make silicon plates? I dont see a lot of uses for silicon plates, does mean there are other uses for silicon cells that i dont see, or is it just that more uses for silicon plates havent been invented yet, or is my own processing just lopsided, or some other factor I cant even guess at?

So until I need silicon plates, my gut instinct tells me to just hold the silicon in cells. Really though, if people wanted to use cells for storing lots of resources, allowing alluminum gives another 'goal' to strive for. "Gotta get lots of clay to centrifuge it so i can get more aluminum" etc etc. Wait, electrolyze or centrifuge? Sorry just a newbie, cant remember lol.

• But why the Hell should Stargates require Antimatter?

So you happen to have a detailed working knowledge of the innards of starates? :)
    They are a thing where you can throw any random amount of stuff at and it would sort of make sense.

If you create if out of pure energy, then yes. But guess what, the LHC sometimes turns hadrons into others particles, such as Antimatter ... I think theoretically you can get Antimatter for less energy than what it could give you, assuming youwould collect it entirely.

Actually LHC is wasting far greater amount of power than you can get back from the matter-antimatter annihilation due to having to keep a few tens of kilometers of supercooled magnets not exploding.

Agreed. Not like Tin is a rare ressource though, but I don't see any point not to use Al for that sake.[/quote]To not have a conflict from de-crafting the aluminum ones could have a bigger capacity. Either just 2 buckets or have a chest-like recipe and contain 10 buckets. I certainly wouldn't mind it :)

• Actually LHC is wasting far greater amount of power than you can get back from the matter-antimatter annihilation due to having to keep a few tens of kilometers of supercooled magnets not exploding.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? OF COURSE I KNOW THAT! ^^
    What I said is that sometime it generates antimatter with particles owning less energy than the antimatter it generates. Which means that, with a super-enhanced and ultra-efficient LHC, we could theoretically generate energy. Just because 99% of the energy of the matter is contained in the Nucleus, and Nuclear Reactors aren't exploiting the whole thing, really.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Stargates should require the user to complete an extremely complicated (and randomized) math equation, which then causes euclidean space to collapse at the location and create a stable wormhole.

• Official Post

Hahaha...No.

In Continuum, the only energy source powerful enough to be used to Warp Spacetime was antimatter, not even fusion could do it. To Warp Spacetime enough that you can travel millions of light years, I assume you would need a fuckton of power.

• To Warp Spacetime enough that you can travel millions of light years, I assume you would need a fuckton of power.

Millions of light years won't really get you very far. Milky Way is about 100k ly in diameter but excluding satellite mini-galaxies/clusters around it the next closest one is about 2.5 million ly away. There is just a handful of the hundreds of billions of galaxies within 10m ly of us.