[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Does anyone see the logic why Kanthal Heating Coils, "standard" as the tool tip calls them, needs a blast furnace with 15 advanced machine casings, while Nichrome Heating Coils, "advanced", only need a furnace? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Does anyone see the logic why Kanthal Heating Coils, "standard" as the tool tip calls them, needs a blast furnace with 15 advanced machine casings, while Nichrome Heating Coils, "advanced", only need a furnace? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

I think its more of a tech progression thing, so that you have to use advanced casings on the blast furnace for a bit before you can use just 10 standard casings, 24 reinforced, and the coil upgrades to get the 3000K.

Though if I were to think of another reason it would be that the coils have to be formed a certain way that requires them to be ran through a blast furnace.

• Official Post

I think its more of a tech progression thing, so that you have to use advanced casings on the blast furnace for a bit before you can use just 10 standard casings, 24 reinforced, and the coil upgrades to get the 3000K.

Though if I were to think of another reason it would be that the coils have to be formed a certain way that requires them to be ran through a blast furnace.

You get left with 15 advanced machine casings though. Minus 6 for the vacuum freezer, 10. Not enough for any other multiblock.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• You get left with 15 advanced machine casings though. Minus 6 for the vacuum freezer, 10. Not enough for any other multiblock.

You can use them for a distillation tower, or a fusion reactor way later on.

Post 400!! Congratulations - not that i care much :3 , i'm on the way to 4k

• Official Post

You can use them for a distillation tower, or a fusion reactor way later on.

Distillation tower is pointless really, as there are cheaper alternatives which you have by then. Fussion is WAAAAYYY too long away from not even having tungsten.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Distillation tower are meant for massive usage of oil-biomass, preferrably biomass if you have forestry farms.

Farm (sapling/juice) + squeezer (juice) + fermenter (biomass) + distillation tower + HP boilers + steam turbines/engines = profit.

• Official Post

But you need cells, which are annoying to keep after we lost TE.

I see this too much.

• Does anyone see the logic why Kanthal Heating Coils, "standard" as the tool tip calls them, needs a blast furnace with 15 advanced machine casings, while Nichrome Heating Coils, "advanced", only need a furnace? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

GTA logic, I guess.

• What about making every wrench-using recipe doable without wrench using some machine, like hulls can be done using assembler?

• This is another boring suggestion by that guy with too many ideas floating around.
    But this one's better than the other old boring, generic suggestions - here I am suggesting the addition of awesome, helpful medical-related features. Specifically:

1. The First-Aid Kit
    These kits are made with special bandage-material, rubbing alcohol, pliers/scissors, glue, and healing-catalyst gel-material. Each kit lasts for 32 uses, and has some special code-stuff that makes the user have to wait 5 seconds orso before using it again.
    The use of this kit is to heal players who are damaged and need to be healed quickly. It can be used by a player, on another player, or on some animals. When used, it instantly heals the player/animal it is used on, and the amount of health restored depends on the tier of the kit. Tier 1 kits would heal 1 heart per use, tier 2 heals 2 hearts, etc.

2. Steroids/Antidotes and Syringes
    Syringes would be special devices used to inject Steroids which have a lasting buff effect, and Antidotes that instantly cure poison or wither effects. Steroids can grant extra speed, strength, night vision, regeneration, and much more, but can not cause invisibility, fire resistance, or other magic-like things. Antidotes just cure Poison and Wither status ailments, as described before, but a specific antidote is needed for either.
    The steroids/antidotes are made with a special, expensive machine. And the syringes are very expensive too. Syringes are made out of Iridium Syringe Needles (iridium rod + rubber in an assembling machine) and a small glass tank (small glass cube + rubber in an assembling machine), and are single-use only. Iridium is used, because it retains great strength even if in the shape of a tiny, thin tube, whereas most other materials could break easily when used for such a purpose.
    Filled syringes are only stackable up to 1. But the filled tanks and needles are stackable up to 64, and store-able in a medical case. When the player is ready to use a syringe, the player has to take the needle and the filled tank, and craft them together into a syringe. Using a syringe will grant the steroid/antidote effect, but the expensive syringe will be lost, because it's a dirty needle, and balance reasons.
    Machines that synthesize/process any steroids/antidotes, and the machines that create the syringes, must be kept sterile at all times, and slowly become dirty, and often have to be cleaned, unless the machines are inside a Clean-room.

3. Medical Cases
    Medical cases are just cases that hold medical items. Medical cases hold up to 4 first-aid kits, and 14 stacks of anything else (syringe needles/tanks, etc. - this tool would make it easier for the player to carry medical items around for use in "the field" (deep, dark, forsaken mine-caves). All medical items have to be manufactured elsewhere, and can not be crafted without machines, thus the medical case can not allow a player to fill syringes or craft first-aid kits.

That's just about it for now. There will be many more ideas to come, but my head hurts right now, so I won't be suggesting any more for a while. Feel free to review this suggestion and give any comments that you feel would be helpful.

• Official Post

How would brewing fit in with that?

700th post for me :D

I see this too much.

• Official Post

How would brewing fit in with that?

700th post for me :D

The fact that you need to mix up chemicals?
    Although GT chemical reactor is a bit... primitive, as we usually mix much more stuff at once, to produce much more stuff. [Chemical reactions with one or more reagents producing one or more products]

• Official Post

The fact that you need to mix up chemicals?
    Although GT chemical reactor is a bit... primitive, as we usually mix much more stuff at once, to produce much more stuff. [Chemical reactions with one or more reagents producing one or more products]

My point was why would you make it, if it had a cool down time, when you could use potions from a brewing stand

I see this too much.

• Brewing in Chemical Reactor...? Well, interesting idea. Much more if you want to make H2SO4 for "heal" yourself yep :D

Edit:

God, setting Forge and wait for download all "useless" sounds is annoying. 98mins waiting right now because amazon.com/Minecraft.Resources was down -_-

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Antidotes would instantly cure status ailments, and if I remember correctly, milk buckets are not stackable.
    Steroids would technically be stackable, as tanks and needles, before assembled into syringes via simple crafting - whereas potions are not stackable.

• I have a suggestion for a stronger nuclear reactor: which is a realy expensive, big multiblock-struckture, which can burn the massive ammounts of uranium you get from quarries and is energy rewarding like real nuclear-reactors (12000eu/t), because now there is realy no point in having a nuclear reactor in terms of energy output(, when gregtech is installed).

:Reactor: + MinecraftPig = MinecraftZombieman

• Antidotes would instantly cure status ailments, and if I remember correctly, milk buckets are not stackable.
    Steroids would technically be stackable, as tanks and needles, before assembled into syringes via simple crafting - whereas potions are not stackable.

What about adding antidotes, but nerfing the op milk, and making negative effects stronger (e.g. poison can kill you and dont stop at half a heart), so there is a point of making antidotes (should be a config to turn it on and off).

• Why? Reactors are still a great an efficent power source, and no one uses Quarries anyway, Well, I like them just todig holes. They are awesome for digging holes. And don't even think about suggesting to remove the Fusion Reactor to buff the Reactor.