[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• It would be nice to have red/black granite dust centrifuge recipes, for those who don't want to build with the stuff...

According to Wikipedia, granite is composed primarily of Feldspar, Quartz, and Mica, making it primarily silicon and oxygen but still with a good bit of aluminum, with lesser amounts of potassium, sodium calcium, iron, and even trace amounts of titanium and manganese. (There's a very nice little graph of average composition if you scroll down in the first link) Obviously balance should trump realism in this, but that should give you some inspiration for what a centrifuge recipe could yield.

• Official Post

It would be nice to have red/black granite dust centrifuge recipes, for those who don't want to build with the stuff...

According to Wikipedia, granite is composed primarily of Feldspar, Quartz, and Mica, making it primarily silicon and oxygen but still with a good bit of aluminum, with lesser amounts of potassium, sodium calcium, iron, and even trace amounts of titanium and manganese. (There's a very nice little graph of average composition if you scroll down in the first link) Obviously balance should trump realism in this, but that should give you some inspiration for what a centrifuge recipe could yield.

Making the centrifuge time loooooooong and energy costly enough, it would be balanced.
    Where you centrifuge granite dust, get feldspar, quartz and Mica (Dusts), then further centrifuge those.

• Official Post

It would be nice to have red/black granite dust centrifuge recipes, for those who don't want to build with the stuff...

Don't forget a little uranium :D

• It would also be nice if we could use Coal Coke instead of just coal in a blast furnace... When will Coal Coke Dust be added?

If you mean the Bronze Blast Furnace, it is already supported. However, if you mean the Industrial Blast Furnace, I don't think we can use coke yet.

• Official Post

Greg, can we have a way of making sponge as sponge is very (not at all) useful but looks good with texture packs. ^^

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Instead of using them directly, provide a few new ways to convert MJ/RF into EU, at better ratios.
    NOTE: All the following machines have a base storage buffer of 5 000 000 EU, however will stop producing energy past 2 000 000 EU. They can accept Overclocker upgrades (produces energy and byproducts 2x as fast, but consumes items and liquids 4x as fast).

Lava Mechanical Energizer
    A modified Thermal Boiler with an added Thermal Generator, 2 Gears, 2 Lava Filters and some other miscellanous parts. With some mechanical energy, it can convert Lava into a state which can generate more electricity. However, the required infrastructure has to remove the ability to create ingots out of Lava.
    It needs a frame out of Reinforced Machine Casings built in a Gas Turbine-style to support its infrastructure, excluding Mufflers, but includes a Mechanical Energy Input Hatch, which is crafted from a standard Energy Input Hatchand a few gears.
    Consumes Lava (capped at 90 mB/t), Water (capped at 30 mB/t) and MJ (capped at 150 MJ/t) at 5 mB : 1 mB : 5 MJ ratio. Produces 22.5 EU/mB of Lava. Each 2000 mB of Lava also produces 1 Obsidian. Maximum output is 2025 EU/t.

Advanced Steam Turbine
    A modified Steam Turbine with 4 Gears and some other miscellanous parts. Mechanical and Flux-based energy can be used to convert Steam into a current that turns the rotors more efficiently. However, due to the special method of harnessing Steam, some Steam is lost during energy generation.
    The required infrastructure needs a more Reinforced frame of casings, including Mufflers, but includes a Flux Energy Input Hatch, which is crafted from some Redstone Energy Conduits, a standard Energy Input Hatch, and some gears, and Mechanical Energy Input Hatch. The strong currents of Steam, however, will break non-metallic rotors (i.e. Carbon Rotors) 20x as quickly.
    Consumes Steam (capped at 800 mB/t), MJ (capped at 300 MJ/t) or RF (capped at 3000 RF/t) at 5 mB : 1 MJ or 1 mB : 2 RF ratio. Has a base output of 2.4 EU/mB of Steam. Each 120 mB of Steam also produces 1 mB of Water. Max output at 100% efficiency is 1920 EU/t, increases to 2400 EU/t with Carbon Rotors.

Redstone Solidification Generator
    Note: Only available with Thermal Expansion
    The Redstone Condensator uses a similar concept to the Steam Turbine, and hence modifies it with a few gears and some other miscellanous parts such as Redstone Energy Conduits. It spins Destabilized Redstone at a high rate that generates energy, however Redstone will begin to cool and solidify on the Rotor itself, reducing its efficiency over time.
    The necessary infrastructure is the same as the Steam Turbine, except a frame of Reinforced Machine Casings instead to withstand the high temperature of Destabilized Redstone.
    Consumes Destabilized Redstone (capped at 100 mB/t). Each 100 mB consumed will increase the RS Counter by 1 point. The efficiency of the rotor decreases by 0.05% for every point on the RS Counter. Through the Maintenance Hatch, the "RS Counter" can be reset to 0 by scraping the Redstone off, reducing 1 point on Rotor Durability, and yielding 1 Small Pile of Redstone Dust for every point on the RS Counter.
    If the Carbon Rotor is used, it loses durability 10x as fast, however there is a 10% chance of dropping a Tiny Pile of Carbon Dust every time the Redstone is scraped off.
    Outputs at a rate of 20 EU/mB of Destabilized Redstone. Max output is 2000 EU/t.

• Official Post

I already consider the addition of the RF System as Upgrade for my Machines. But the TE API is currently neither stable nor finished. It has been almost completly removed due to the unstableness ( https://github.com/KingLemming/CoFHLib/tree/master/cofh/api ). The only not removed Part is indeed the Energy Part, but I bet that is one of the Parts which is getting changes aswell (because of experience with Software).

• An idea for the magic energy absorber: A mode which absorbs experience from adjacent players or players that are on top of it, converting it into fuel directly rather then requiring another mod to convert it to liquid first.

• An idea for the magic energy absorber: A mode which absorbs experience from adjacent players or players that are on top of it, converting it into fuel directly rather then requiring another mod to convert it to liquid first.

THat would have to be something that took a while, prevent it from being used in a trap to suck someone's EX away unwillingly.

• That would be a rather expensive prank to pull on someone... And a rather minor one at that, considering how easy experience is to amass.

Also, I was thinking of it just pulling from, like, one block away. So they would have to be confined right up next to the block for that to work...

Oh, and an addendum to the idea I just thought of: Also allow this mode to suck up experience orbs in the same range.

• That would be a rather expensive prank to pull on someone... And a rather minor one at that, considering how easy experience is to amass.

Also, I was thinking of it just pulling from, like, one block away. So they would have to be confined right up next to the block for that to work...

Oh, and an addendum to the idea I just thought of: Also allow this mode to suck up experience orbs in the same range.

You have no idea the rube goldberg style traps i have made...

• ... I really wish this forum had the like button now, just because of that post, lol...

I think I did it on another computer.. but we were using capes of distortion, which would get through one block thick walls... So I made a wall that was one thick, lava, then two thick.. had someone port in, trigger the Pplate, which popped up another wall, preventing escape, and triggering lava flow... They burned to death, unable to get out.

I pleaded "Stand your ground" as part of my defense on why I was allowed to do that.

• I suggest that you bring back the LESU. I really loved being able to build multiblock energy-storage structures out of LESU blocks, and it would be very useful once again if it were re-implemented, without being nerfed down to nothing like just about everything else.

• Official Post

I suggest that you bring back the LESU. I really loved being able to build multiblock energy-storage structures out of LESU blocks, and it would be very useful once again if it were re-implemented, without being nerfed down to nothing like just about everything else.

Lately he has been adding a bunch of buffs you know, and either way, could you please stop with your screw-greg tone. If you don't like the nerfs, change the config settings or don't use the mod. The majority of people here, like me, like the nerfs.

But then again, with your suggestion, the LESU was pretty cool but it was still way too crap to be worth the lapis, even greg knew this.

• Fine then, how about a better, reliable method of early-game electricity-generation, for those who don't have an automatic tree farm/charcoal-smeltery or enough stuff to make and operate a nuclear reactor with?

• Official Post

Fine then, how about a better, reliable method of early-game electricity-generation, for those who don't have an automatic tree farm/charcoal-smeltery or enough stuff to make and operate a nuclear reactor with?

Like what
    IC2 has pretty much every IRL form of energy generation, apart from gas or oil.