[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

IC2 has pretty much every IRL form of energy generation, apart from gas or oil.

Isn't that what the semi-fluid generator was for?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Probably.

Also, there's always diesel and thermal generators. Thermal generators especially are a hugely powerful power source.

Also also, could we have a limestone dust with an automatic oredict recipe turning anything registered as limestone into it? And obviously a centrifuge recipe as well.

• Like what
    IC2 has pretty much every IRL form of energy generation, apart from gas or oil.

Then why not something that doesn't yet exist? Even if we're wrong and it is impossible in the real world, or impractical, Science Fiction doesn't have to be right as science progresses.
    One I can think of, is a machine that uses Redstone as fuel, and produces Energy more efficiently than chucking it into an energy storage block.

I am also here to suggest another change - a new config file.
    This file will be called "Master", and will have, among other things, a list of "Presets" for settings in the really long DynamicConfig. Every time GregTech loads, it would check this configuration file for the preset used. If it is a preset other than "Custom", it sets the options in the DynamicConfig to the values in that preset. If it is the custom preset, it loads the config file normally. Presets would be like:

Insane - Many things are nerfed, and tools require plates and other tools to craft. Progression is extremely slow. As close to the real world as possible.

Hard - Many nerfs, but a few things are left easy/moderate. Progression slightly faster than Insane.

Medium - Some nerfs, including the Diamond macerator recipe, but many not included, allowing basic machines to be made without the need of Steel. Industrial machines and electric tools still need steel, though. Instead of tools requiring plates in their recipes, they require ingots and a hammer/file.

Easy - Not many nerfs at all, but logical things, like diamonds for macerators, are still included. Crafting tools (saw, hammer, etc.) are more efficient than vanilla crafting (saw gives 6 planks/log, hammer makes plates from 1 ingot), and tools still need to be made with the file/hammer/plates/etc.

Too-Easy - None of the GregTech nerfs. All machines can be made with basic Iron. Tool recipes only require Ingots. Plates are only used for covers and a few other things. Tool recipes, like for the Diamond drill/rock cutter are still logical, but use basic Steel/iron and basic circuits, rather than Titanium.

Custom - All things are as defined by the other configuration files.

Along with those options, there would be other major things, like the machine constant need of energy, and the metal/gem block crafting/uncrafting options.

There would even be options to disable things like the Forced Ore Dictionary Modifications, which are things that many other modders are becoming disgruntled about (mDiyo, for example)

With this configuration file, it would be much easier for us to configure stuff without spending 10 hours searching the Dynamic Config for options and changing them. It would also stop people from complaining about the nerfs and other difficulties. This addition would make things much better for just about everyone, especially server administrators who want an easy way to make things hard or easy at their will in little time. Thank you for reading this suggestion, and I hope you consider it.

• Official Post

Except a machine that turns redstone into a higher output then in an energy device would be overpowered, especially since redstone is cheap as fuck (Note that in minecraftian chemistry, redstone cannot be burned through combustion as it is a non-reactive metal.)
    Although I can think of many cool end game energy generation techniques - Zero point, Antimatter mining, Giant Solar farms ect but for early game, anything like this could be considered waaaaay overpowered. If you really want to, you could power your base with coal, I have done that before.

Although the config suggestion is a good idea, it would take an awful lot of effort and I doubt greg cares that much about people who don't want one of the core parts of the mod :P
    Beside, in the config there is already configs to turn of major parts of the nerfs, such as
    features {

I:MatterFabricationRate=16666666

I:TincellsPer4Tin=4

}

####################
    # general
    ####################

general {
    B:AFK_Hunger=true

B:WoodNeedsSawForCrafting=true

B:harderstone=true
    B:hiddenores=true

B:smallerStoneToolDurability=true
    B:smallerWoodToolDurability=true

and then the ore spawning amounts as well.

If you want to make it much easier you could probably just increase the ore spawning amounts a ton :P

• So... about those things higher tier than Fusion reactors.

Osmiridium Alloy Ingot:

Osmiridium Alloy Plate:

Extremely Advanced Machine Block:

Extremely Advanced Machine Casing:

This could perhaps be used to create very endgame stuff. I have some random ideas below:

- TESU (Telekinetic Energy Storage Unit. 4 IDSUs + 4 teleporters + Extremely Advanced Machine Block. Uses the same energy storage as IDSUs, but has unlimited EU/t out! How will it work? Every machine within 64 blocks of the TESU block will receive as much EU as they need, if upgraded with a TESU-receiver. No explosions, no transformer upgrades necessary.)
    - TESU-receiver upgrade (Teleporter + EV Transformer in Assembling Machine. Upgrade machine with this to make it able to draw power from nearby TESU. If machine connected to another power source, only draws power from TESU if wire-supplied EU is not sufficient.)
    - Singularity Generator (multiblock that creates a black hole to eat scrap and converts it to EU as per E=mc^2, 1 scrap = some number of grams. Must feed it scrap constantly while it's on, if you run out of scrap and don't shut it down quickly it explodes).
    - Wormhole Generator (Chunk-sized "tesseract". Erases a target chunk and replaces it with a copy of the originating chunk. Everything that happens to one chunk will happen to the other, unless the wormhole generator breaks. Eats 2048EU/t, plus a flat number for each chunk update inside it.)
    - Matter Translocator (Advanced Pump-sized quarry, multiblock. Requires a constant supply of a solid block to function. Digs one block per tick, outputs the result from the output hatch, and eats one block from the input hatch. The block that this quarry digs up will be replaced with a block that you supply to the quarry. Digs one block per tick for 1024 EU, or if supplied with an iridium drill, digs one block per tick for 2048 EU with either Fortune or Silk Touch (depending on the mode the drill is in.)
    - Spacetime Translocator (Moves a volume of blocks. Think RedPower frames.)

Maybe a higher tier of Qsuit that recharges your tools like a lapotron pack?

• Maybe add a 3500K recipe to the blast furnace for Nickel-Titanium Alloys? Could be used to make medium durability (steel-tier?) repairable tools (when empty, smelt in furnace to recover durability to full, otherwise repairs itself slowly over time when in the player's inventory).

Removes the no-pink-blocks-needed OmniBlastFurnace and gives a use to all the nickel and titanium that players accumulate in vast quantities. Perhaps require this alloy for third-tier electrical tools (highly advanced drill/saw/wrench etc).

• The problem is not that the options aren't there, it is that the options are scattered throughout the Dynamic Config file. It would be much better, for everyone, if the bigger options are moved to a separate config file. So that people can make things harder or easier at their will.

This.
    And a device, for armour, made of one IDSU and an Osmiridium plate in the Assembly Machine, which is assembled together with a QSuit-Chestplate, to automatically charge tools with, and supply power to the QSuit and any tool in the inventory, by draining power from the user's private IDSU channel.

• Hey Greg, could you update your infinite water nerf?

Also, could you please make a mod that disables infinite cobble generators? I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to just make glass instead of stone/cobble when flow blocks hit.

• Hey Greg, could you update your infinite water nerf?

Also, could you please make a mod that disables infinite cobble generators? I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to just make glass instead of stone/cobble when flow blocks hit.

Greg adds his own cobblegenerator... (Rock Crusher) :P

• I have some ideas!

End Superasteroids

Naquadah, Naquadria, Etc.

Extremely Advanced Devices(only 2; I need more ideas)

Tl;dr: More Cool stuff, Extremely-advanced/Insanely-Advanced technology, and more reasons to explore the End

Thank you for reading this compilation. It took me a few hours to create, but I seriously think that these would be Great for improving the Tech Tree, and would give players a reason to make hammers/saws and do things the GregTech way, which means more support/popularity. This is only a Suggestion though; it is free to be discussed, speculated upon, decided upon, implemented in part or in whole, or discarded in part or in whole. But please atleast consider it. Don't worry about discarding the entire thing; I simply felt that there was no better use for my time, and that I should try to inspire the creation of something cool, with my extra time.

I should be going to regenerate soon. Good-night all!

• Official Post

Why?

To make it harder, duh. I would also like such a nerf :P Also, perhaps from greg a nerf that stops you from picking lava up with an iron bucket. At least a steel bucket would be needed :D (of course he could just make regular buckets require steel instead and add some kind of Bronze bucket for water.

• To make it harder, duh. I would also like such a nerf :P Also, perhaps from greg a nerf that stops you from picking lava up with an iron bucket. At least a steel bucket would be needed :D (of course he could just make regular buckets require steel instead and add some kind of Bronze bucket for water.

Tin bucket for water.

• I have yet another idea - this time, it's for a "Blue Laser" of sorts.

This laser would be different than the Red laser. Instead of breaking blocks or melting them, it places blocks. The block that it places is selected by using the mode change key - this will open a 1-slot GUI, where a ghost item is placed for the block that will be extracted from the inventory and placed.

It uses both Energy and one of the desired block, when fired. If fired off into the air, the block is still consumed, but never placed. Or if the ray disappears, the block will be wasted.

The recipe for such a device would also be very expensive, requiring Osmiridium components, Data Control/Energy Flow circuits, and much more. It even has a Sapphire lens instead of a ruby lens.

Or, instead of creating such a device with its own recipe, just create a basic "Laser", that is made into other lasers by assembling it with the proper Lens. That would be nice too.

Thank you for taking your time to review this suggestion. It would be a great addition, not only being a useful tool, but giving players more of something to aim for - a reason to use GregTech and to do things the nerfed way. So long as there is a bigger goal created, nerfs are okay, I guess.

tl;dr: "tl;dr" is not supported any longer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    EDIT: Apology revoked. Those who are too lazy to read, do not deserve a short/simple explanation handed to them, nor an apology if said explanation is not delivered.

• To make it harder, duh. I would also like such a nerf :P Also, perhaps from greg a nerf that stops you from picking lava up with an iron bucket. At least a steel bucket would be needed :D (of course he could just make regular buckets require steel instead and add some kind of Bronze bucket for water.

Well, actually, it's to make cobblestone more valuable. I know you can still acquire massive amounts of it from mining and quarrying, but I didn't say I wanted it to be just getting diamonds or anything. Just to make it an abundant but non-renewable resource, as it should be.

EDIT: SegFaulter: That sounds rather familiar...

• And now another suggestion: Since you made the bronze blast furnace able to make steel with charcoal, could you please allow the Industrial Blast Furnace do so as well?

Also, what about making Energium Dust require the Chemical Combiner with redstone + gemstone dust, where gemstone dust can be 3 ruby dust (cheaper on redstone and shortest amount of time to make, overall most efficient), 4 diamond dust (Or more if you feel it necessary, especially if you make the ruby recipe 4 dust instead of 3. Takes a long time and thus eu, overall the least efficient recipe), 2 sapphire dust (an average recipe in terms of efficiency, obviously cheap resource-wise but still takes longer then ruby dust)