[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

A heat battery would end up being something with a high specific heat capacity, which would probably just be water in Minecraft.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• wasn't it intended to have a tier under steam, where heat gets used directly? that's how i got it, and then a high pressure steam container as a "battery" wouldn't help in the "heat age".

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• old windmills and watermills using rotational energy were earlier than steam
    Also i have a suggestion. A nuclear reactor cabable of usinG other types of nuclear fuel like thorioum naquadah and they should output nuclear waste like caesium unlike the ic2 reactors that output only uranium and plutonium

• check out reika's reactorcraft(add-on for rotarycraft), that has all kinds of radioactive gunk.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• steam is the lowest industrial tech level i can possibly see

There was actually a lot of "industrial" technology before steam power came to prominence in England, in the eighteenth century. As far as direct predecessors, water power was by far more important than steam power for most of the industrial revolution (in England; the industrial revolution is really an English thing). Other mostly European countries who Industrialized would rely on mostly water power until the early-ish nineteenth century.

Industry:

• assembly lines, manufactured parts, mass media, mints and paper money, canals

Power production:

• Water wheel, wind tower, animal engines, treadwheels, internal combustion engine, dams (with water mills)

Applied Industry:

• Grain mills, sawmills, hydraulic mining, ore mills (function like macerators), pumps, cotton gins (pre-whitney), seed drill, Blast furnii, cranes, elevators, pile driver

Discoveries/Inventions:

• Steel, explosives, magnetism, matches, concrete, chrome, paper (from wood, silly!)

Military:

• Rockets, wooden ballistics, land mines, naval mines, crossbows, firearms, shipyards

I have omitted things which were insignificant to industry, such as static electricity, the corporation, clockwork, or the Aeolipile. Also omitted are concepts which were not implemented until after the rise of steampower in the 1700s, such as the tank, torpedo.

• Okay. Greg told me to post this here, so here I go.

There's a way to get realistically ludicrous thermodynamic efficiencies. Ref: http://phys.org/news/2013-01-atoms-negat…re-hottest.html

Implementing that for post-endgame (yes, you read that right) (making it require resources beyond a max level Solar Panel Cover) would be a good way to ensure appropriate nerfage. It would also be really, REALLY awesome.

Plus, it could ne used as a weapon: letting loose one canister could, say, blow up a mountain?

Thou must revere the HAYO.

Else you get blown up by a Creeper.

• for games with a storyline, post-endgame is after you've finished the story, but in minecraft, it is probably after you've made every machine and have nothing left to do, so "postendgame" doesn't make any sense, maybe endgame of the endgame?

and nathan67003, your link doesn't work for me.

• Damn. Was not aware of that definition. But yes, penultimate endgame of the endgame. Making and fully automating 20 Fusion Reactors should probably be far easier.

As for the link, it was indeed broken. This one should work: http://phys.org/news/2013-01-a…-temperature-hottest.html

I reiterate: it would be awesome. And VERY costly, due to potential OPness.

Thou must revere the HAYO.

Else you get blown up by a Creeper.

• the thing is, it shouldn't be costly to build it, as it isn't(from what I've got) in RL, it should be hard to find out how to build it. what i mean is, we need a research system, greg, because a bunch of lasers locking the maximum kinetic energy of a gas shoudln't be more costly than, say, fusion reactors or star gates.

• Hello,
    I've some suggestions in head :

• Multiblock** Transformers that have a better efficiency* (like 5% of lost) and an upper amperage.
    • Transformers have an efficiency* e.g. : 75% for normals and 95 for multiblocks.
    • Particle Accelerator to make anti-matter !
    • Fusion reactor be more complex to use. (See under the list)

Fusion Reactor be more complex (Or an advanced version) :
    The Structure :

O = Air.
    C = Beryllium Casing or something like this.
    S = Superconductor Coil.
    P = Heat Proof Casing

Layer 1 and 7 :
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAPPPPPAAAAAA
    AAAPPPPPPPPPPPAAA
    AAPPPPPPPPPPPPPAA
    AAPPPPPPPPPPPPPAA
    AAPPPPPPPPPPPPPAA
    APPPPPPSSSPPPPPPA
    APPPPPSSSSSPPPPPA
    APPPPPSSSSSPPPPPA
    APPPPPSSSSSPPPPPA
    APPPPPPSSSPPPPPPA
    AAPPPPPPPPPPPPPAA
    AAPPPPPPPPPPPPPAA
    AAPPPPPPPPPPPPPAA
    AAAPPPPPPPPPPPAAA
    AAAAAAPPPPPAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Layer 2 and 6 :
    AAAAAAPPPPPAAAAAA
    AAAPPPCCCCCPPPAAA
    AAPCCCCCCCCCCCPAA
    APCCCCCCCCCCCCCPA
    APCCCCCCCCCCCCCPA
    APCCCCCPPPCCCCCPA
    PCCCCCPSSSPCCCCCP
    PCCCCPSSSSSPCCCCP
    PCCCCPSSSSSPCCCCP
    PCCCCPSSSSSPCCCCP
    PCCCCCPSSSPCCCCCP
    APCCCCCPPPCCCCCPA
    APCCCCCCCCCCCCCPA
    APCCCCCCCCCCCCCPA
    AAPCCCCCCCCCCCPAA
    AAAPPPCCCCCPPPAAA
    AAAAAAPPPPPAAAAAA

Layer 3, 4 and 5 :
    AAAAAAPPPPPAAAAAA
    AAAPPPCCCCCPPPAAA
    AAPCCCAAAAACCCPAA
    APCAAAAAAAAAAACPA
    APCAAAACCCAAAACPA
    APCAACCPPPCCAACPA
    PCAAACPSSSPCAAACP
    PCAACPSSSSSPCAACP
    PCAACPSSSSSPCAACP
    PCAACPSSSSSPCAACP
    PCAAACPSSSPCAAACP
    APCAACCPPPCCAACPA
    APCAAAACCCAAAACPA
    APCAAAAAAAAAAACPA
    AAPCCCAAAAACCCPAA
    AAAPPPCCCCCPPPAAA
    AAAAAAPPPPPAAAAAA

Hatches and controller can be everywhere on the Heat Proof Casing.

The recipes principles :
    a. Electron Irradiation Crafting :
    x Electrons + 1 Lithium => 1 Tritium***.

b. Fusion Crafting :
    All classic recipes but the electron production changes with the recipe. (Defining the electron prod. in the register crafting method of the (Advanced) Fusion Reactor)

* => The efficiency value change with the tier like that :
    8 -> 32 single-block : 97%.

32 -> 128 single-block : 95%.
    128 -> 512 single-block : 92%.
    512 -> 2048 single-block : 87%.
    512 -> 2048 multi-block : 97%.
    2048 -> 8192 single-block : 82%.
    2048 -> 8192 multi-block : 96%.
    8192 -> 32768 single-block : 72%.
    8192 -> 32768 multi-block : 95%.
    32768 -> 131072 single-block : 68%.
    32768 -> 131072 multi-block : 94%.

131072 -> 524288 single-block: 62%.
    131072 -> 524288 multi-block: 93%.
    524288 -> 2147483647 single-block: 52%.

524288 -> 2147483647 multi-block: 92%.

** => Big cubes that do 3 x 3 x 3 blocks.

*** => Remove all others tritium craftngs.

300 qubits quantum computer = the universe simulator !

• Just a note that as a former industrial electrician, I have never heard nor seen anything beyond 144kV used for distance power transfer. High exists only suitable for very short distances. 144kV is the highest i've ever seen or heard of because much higher and materials just break down. At that voltage the flow has to be 'eased' in, if it's just put through instantly it vaporizes the aluminium into plasma instantly. I've done that. It's the ultimate nerdboner.
    But yeah, it has to be brought up to amperage. Not sure why but if you were to just dump an amp in all at once, it would just vaporize.. but can do more if you grade it up over a few minutes.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I'm thinking of doing a lenghty suggestion on pyrolysis and gasification for the production of coke, charcoal, producergas/syngas and creaosote oil/tar. Anyone think that would be interesting? What i'm hoping to do is do something about the imbalance between charcoal and coal and make the process more realistic than chucking a chunk of wood into a furnace and getting charcoal out of it with a higher combustion value :P

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am i or are the other crazy

• Why not, charcoal does need a debuff and coal a buff. Also ideas sre always nice to discuss.

Lignite as well. Don't forget lignite. Should be at least half a charcoal if not more. Not 1/8th. ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• A quick question about the units used in minecraft which is somewhat diffuse. How many liters/dm3 is a bucket, and how much volume/weight is a chunk of coal/ block of wood? I guess you could say that a block of wood is one cubic meter of wood which would be between 150 kg to 1300 kg depending on wood type. While a chunk of coal should be 1/9 of a cubic meter of coal which is something like 700-950/9 or 78-106 kg. preferably i would want 1 chunk of coal to have the same weight as 1 block of wood :/

By chance charcoal/coal has about double the energy content of wood (15-21 Mj/Kg to 24-30 Mj/Kg) so im thinking the best solution is to assume that 1 chunk of coal/charcoal is the same weight as 1 block of wood so that we do not need to change the energy calue of coal/charcoal and wood in game. Because then 800 tics for wood and 1600 for coal kinda makes sense from an energy perspective.

Likewise is 1 bucket also 1 cubik meter of volume?

Steve sure is a strong guy :)

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am i or are the other crazy