[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines - now with Array Solars! [Not to be confused with Solar Arrays]

• Welcome to Advanced Machines UUUM (Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines).

Download link (I can see I'll need to redesign my download page again, it has too many columns now)
    Requires Immibis Core and IC2.

A set of Induction Furnace-like machines for macerating, extracting and compressing.
    Unlike AtomicStryker's update, these are plain Induction Furnace equivalents. No nerfs or extra features have been added.

Efforts have been made towards save-compatiblity with AtomicStryker's Advanced Machines (if replacing that with this, just make sure the block ID is the same), but no guarantees.

Rotary Macerator:

Has two output slots. Max speed is 10000 RPM.
    Singularity Compressor:

Max pressure is 90000 Gibbl.

Centrifuge Extractor:

Cells are electrolyzed water cells.
    Has three output slots. Max speed is 10000 RPM.

Vacuum Canner:

Cells are air cells.
    Max speed: 100 cm/s. Cans go on the left slot, items in the top slot.
    Automation can insert cans from the bottom or side, extract output from the side, and insert other items from the top.

Thermal Washer:

Do not insert water into an empty hot thermal washer.

Compacting Recycler:

Can also make scrapboxes from scrap.

Impellerized Roller:

Liquescent Extruder:

Water-Jet Cutter:

(requires water; if it runs out, the pressure will instantly reset to 0)

New in 57.3.0: GENERATOR ARRAYS - for low-lag renewable power
    For low-lag renewable power.
    First craft some Array Cable: (tin cable + redstone)

and an Array Controller:

You can then craft Array versions of the standard renewable generators (wind, water and solar) like this:

Place your Array generators wherever you want, and connect them to the controller with Array Cable. After a short delay (depending on the size of the network) the controller will start producing power, and you can connect it to your power network like any other generator.

If you add or remove generators, or break cables, the power output will not update immediately. Right click the controller for statistics.

DO NOT CONNECT TWO CONTROLLERS OR ONE OF THEM WILL EXPLODE. THIS INCLUDES PLACING THEM DIRECTLY NEXT TO EACH OTHER.

So why would you want to use this? One reason: Array generators and cables are very, very, VERY CPU-friendly. In fact, they cause no more load than a stone block! The array controller does all the work, and it does it at a fixed rate, so large networks will not cause more lag than small ones! (They will, however, refresh slower)

Example setup:

(the windmill is producing no power because it's so low, not because it's broken)

Old rotary macerator recipe:

Poll results:

57/88 people (65%) want electrolyzed water as a liquid.
    54/88 people (61%) want fast electrolyzers and de-electrolyzers.
    62/88 people (70%) want advanced recyclers.
    17/88 people (17%) don't want any changes.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited 10 times, last by immibis ().

• Official Post

No nerfs or extra features, what nerfs or extra features?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No nerfs or extra features, what nerfs or extra features?

AtomicStryker's ones:
    Only go up to 7500 RPM (equivalent to 75% heat on IF)
    Draw 3 eu/t when idling (300% of IF)
    Only accept LV (IF accepts MV)
    Have additive macerating, which I'm not sure anyone ever uses.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I found a buggy, it occured when shift clicking an enchanted peice of Armour into a macerator.

That is the dedicated server log for the same issue

• 55.0.1:

• Fixed crash when shift-clicking.

Battery snot included.

• Why it is unnerfed ? Even with the nerf it was a bit OP to me ... I'm fine with the speed, but couldn't you increase EU-consumption ? It would be less OP, because Advanced Machines already made Vanilla-IC²-Overclocked-Machines useless ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• But immibis was not, so he coded his own adv machines. :)

Default IC2 machines still top adv machines for automated crafting lines, they don't require power constantly and can be clocked much higher.

• Official Post

Why did I know this would happen? Oh right I read that Message in Immibis Profile, while being in the who is online List waiting for something to happen, before I went to bed. Lets hope cub replaces AtomicStrykers Machines with yours, because his ones are really just too buggy. Things like "Hey I gotta use an IC Wrench to dismantle it" go into "why is the Machine still there, but its Inventory got deleted? And why didnt it drop anything?". At least I know, you are not someone, who adds Bugs to Machines.

Oh and please do something to let those Textures look more smooth with the Adv Machine Block Texture, because this just looks like one smashed an Advanced Machine Block right into a Macerator. It just doesnt fit well together in comparsion to the Induction Furnace which has a slightly different Texture for that sake.

• When you say "plain induction furnace equivalents", do you mean that they actually consumes extra energy while working now? Because AtomicStryker's ones may have been idling at 3 EU/t instead of 1 EU/t, but they never consumed extra. It was 3 EU/t whether or not any work was done. The induction furnace, on the other hand, goes up to 16 EU/t while working.

• Official Post

Make the output on the bottom so hoppers can extract from it.
    Then give compatibilty to gregs covers and stuff >:D

• Official Post

Make the output on the bottom so hoppers can extract from it.

Did you see all the Code you would need to get my Covers working from scratch? Yes you could copy most of my Code as its open for everyone, but it needs so many interfaces to be properly implemented that it could crash after any GT Update, as soon as I add a convenience Function to "IHasWorldObjectAndCoords".

• Make the output on the bottom so hoppers can extract from it.

Input is any side.
    Output is any side.
    Battery input is any side except top. (in case there's something that can be processed and is also a valid battery)
    Battery output is any side.
    Magic!

When you say "plain induction furnace equivalents", do you mean that they actually consumes extra energy while working now? Because AtomicStryker's ones may have been idling at 3 EU/t instead of 1 EU/t, but they never consumed extra. It was 3 EU/t whether or not any work was done. The induction furnace, on the other hand, goes up to 16 EU/t while working.

Yes, they do.

Why it is unnerfed ? Even with the nerf it was a bit OP to me ... I'm fine with the speed, but couldn't you increase EU-consumption ? It would be less OP, because Advanced Machines already made Vanilla-IC²-Overclocked-Machines useless ...

Induction furnaces are OP?

Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• Quoted from "MatLaPatate"
    Why it is unnerfed ? Even with the nerf it was a bit OP to me ... I'm fine with the speed, but couldn't you increase EU-consumption ? It would be less OP, because Advanced Machines already made Vanilla-IC²-Overclocked-Machines useless ...

Induction furnaces are OP?

A bit. But they just smelt. The longer part of IC²-processing is macerating, buffing it doesn't seems right.
    And making Overclockers useless is not cool :/
    (there are still useful with Induction Furnace, you just don't use these on Furnaces)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• 16OC's in a macerator comes in at 0.0664 seconds per operation and pulls 3689EU/t

Default being 2EU/t = 800EU per unit processed
    16OC's = 2955EU per unit processed (Thats about as close to 1 item per tick as is possible.)

Excluding warmup times, cost to keep the macerator running etc...
    0.6 Seconds per use (about 10 times slower than a maxed macerator) but only 192EU
    However a stock IC2 macerator @ 10 OC's runs at only 115EU/t so a unit will be processed in 1380EU still more costly to run, but has no running cost, no warmup and shut off, can be built to accomodate your autocrafting system as needed.

With stock IC2 machines you are paying a little extra for convenience and on demand crafting. With advanced machines you are getting good speed at a reasonably efficient cost.

TBH, I would like an option to turn up Furnace/Macerator/Extractoru "Working" costs to about 32EU/t, I think that would place them in the so called "Sweet spot"

immibis: Make the implosion compressors gibble rating go up to 9000, that way a GT impolosion compressor (Over 9000 gibble) makes sence a little better :P *Eye twitch*

• Well, the HAYOish description for the standard compressor is, that it compresses with a force of over 9001 gibbl. Therefore, one would expect the singularity compressor to use a force of 90010 gibbl when fully "charged".

EDIT: Oh, and immibis, thanks A BIG LOT for this mod. I got really depressed that snyke didn't get around to updating, so THANK YOU.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!