(SUggestion): Luminators - Capacity

• Hi!

I'm building a city in my minecraft's world, and i want to use elecricity (providing by nuclear reactor) to iluminate the city, but i have a problem ...
    Luminators have 10000 EU capacity, and they spent all this energy in 33,3 minutes. I want luminators only works when i want (using a lever in a Batbox or something).

Question is .... Can i change luminators capacity by myself? (from 10000 EU to 32 EU for example).

Another idea is to create a new luminator with 0 EU capacity that only works when it receives electricity.

And thanks! ^^

(sorry if there is any mistake in text. My english level is low :D )

Whatever you want .... I CAN BUILD IT!!

:Water Mill: :Glass Fibre: :Batbox: :Glass Fibre: :Mining Drill: : !!

- Mining Drill Fan Club -

• Official Post

Then updated it must be.

All we need is a forum post and someone who can be bothered to do it. And who can obviously.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Actually, I don't even think this would require that much java knowledge - just enough to decompile IC2, edit the proper number, and recompile it. Sadly, I don't even know how to do that.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Actually, I don't even think this would require that much java knowledge - just enough to decompile IC2, edit the proper number, and recompile it. Sadly, I don't even know how to do that.

I think same but ... i have no idea too xD

• I think the regular luminators should have a very small or nonexistent capacity.

If you want the storage functionality, perhaps you'd have to upgrade them with re-batteries.

Nope. Luminators have 10000 UE capacity. They consume 0,25 EU/tick, and spent all this energy in 33,3 minutes.

I want luminator switch on and switch off when I use a lever or a button (with 0 EU capacity)

• Nope. Luminators have 10000 UE capacity. They consume 0,25 EU/tick, and spent all this energy in 33,3 minutes.

I want luminator switch on and switch off when I use a lever or a button (with 0 EU capacity)

I am agreeing with you. My only concern is that the reason for the internal storage is to prevent the luminators from flickering and creating a ton of lag.

• I prove this in a creative map too and ... They don't generate lag. I connect 100 Luminators (0,25 EU/tick) to a batbox (32 EU/tick) and ... they work correctly. But my idea is turn on and turn off this Luminators with a lever, so they only work when i want xD

• Yes i have simular Problem :/

Turn on the Light and i have no Energy for Other Machines (i have over 15 Luminator´s)

I think a second Luminator with Low Capacity or Variable Capacity is a relly good idea ! :thumbup:

Beschwert euch über mein Englisch bei Google :P

• Luminators MUST have a small inner storage, for the sake of you CPU.

Otherwise, they would flicker constantly, a issue that some machines also suffered.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I Know that .. but 10´000 is too much i think 100 is okay -> 0,25EU / t = 5eu/sek 100EU = 20sek

If all 20secs you have a energy pule you have light ;)

I mean 2 Luminators first have 10k and the second (if it work in that world) with 1000 or less.

Beschwert euch über mein Englisch bei Google :P

• Yap. Agreed. Lowering the internal storage of the luminators is a must. I don't have any knowledge of coding, but I'm willing to learn just to do this if someone could point me a good manual or something like that...

• Yap. Agreed. Lowering the internal storage of the luminators is a must. I don't have any knowledge of coding, but I'm willing to learn just to do this if someone could point me a good manual or something like that...

asdf

• Luminators MUST have a small inner storage, for the sake of you CPU.

Otherwise, they would flicker constantly, a issue that some machines also suffered.

Internal storage won't really help much for CPU usage considering as soon as it can accept even a single EU it gets requested and if you don't have enough power to run the lamp it'll flicker anyway.

Also, why not just attach levers to the luminators directly (or with (wireless) redstone)? I haven't used them myself but I would expect they'd turn off when you apply RS signal to them. If not then this should obviously be added to IC2 :)

• Official Post

Also, why not just attach levers to the luminators directly (or with (wireless) redstone)? I haven't used them myself but I would expect they'd turn off when you apply RS signal to them. If not then this should obviously be added to IC2 :)

RS control for luminators is going to be added (or it is already). Pretty sure about that.

• I already got this problem and I can't wait to have my luminators with a less inner energy storage. ^^
    But, for the redstone, how you could control by redstone your luminators with hidding the redstone wires ? By example, if I put my lumators into the ceilling, I can hide the electric cable, but not the redstone wire. At least if a way to send a redstone signal by cable would exists?