Define overpowered

• Well the title is pretty much self-explanatory, what does overpowered means to you? How one mod can be overpowered while the others mod that provides the same functionality is balanced?

Like some people says that MiscPeripherals is OP, but I don't think so, or even computer in general (not turtles)

EDIT: Because some people have a huge dumped list of OP mods, so I adjusted the rules a bit:

The format is like this:

Mod X is overpowered because of Y and Y is overpowered because of Z

Example: ComputerCraft Turtle is overpowered because it can make free mining and free mining is overpowered because of making other miner obsolete

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

Edited once, last by thepowdertoy ().

• Official Post

EE2 was probably the most OP mod ever, despite the incredibly high expense.
    Most unOP must probably be Gregtech ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• According to ... me:
    EE1, 2 or 3 were, are and will probably forever be OP. Because of the first word in the name of the mod, which allw any exploits (and E2 was OP in itself lol): Equivalent.
    Computercraft is OP due to turtle being too cheap, consuming almost nothing and being incredibly fast.
    The old Powerconverters/IC²-BC Crossover mods were OP because of too high ratio mkaing Combustion engine with Lava/Oil or Redstone Engine way too efficient to generate EU.
    IC² without GT seems OP since you can get bored (aka having the Q-suit) after 25 hours of game (was 12 with the old CASUCs).
    BC is OP because of quarries and Oil Biomes.
    RP2 is OP with any mods allowing free item teleportation because it makes FTBM very easy to get (so, play RP2 without TE, EnderStorage etc ... ^^).
    Ars Magicka is OP because of adding E-like features, and because of spells being a bit easy to get and too powerful.
    ExtraBees&Trees is OP since with its machine you can easily get any type of bees&trees allowing you to automate ANY material. (a bit like EE2 did with condensators). (Thaumic Bees also, because it make TC3 OP).
    Forestry is OP because of farms making Ethanol way too easy to get (and others fruits/wheat etc ...) and Ethanol being way too powerful (really SirSengir ? 128k EU at 32EU/t ???)
    ThaumCraft is sometime a bit OP due to Flux doing nothing ^^
    Tinker Construct is OP (for now) because you can make electric tools using it, which don't requires steel, so it kind of break the GT path.
    GravityGun is OP because it tends to allow some things that shouldn't (like having a compact RubberTree "farm").
    PortalGun is OP because of easy and free teleportation.
    Mystcraft is OP because of Free TP, OP worlds (Lava/Oil Ocean, new Dense Ores even OPier than before, world where there is no night so Solar Pannels are even more efficient ...)
    CompactSolar is OP (especially without GT) since it remove the ONLY issue of Solar Pannels (they're not THAT expensive, but they're annoying because using too much place, especially for PvP).
    Advanced Solar Pannels was OP but since it requires Iridium for the first one, using GT makes it balanced ^^
    GraviSuit is OP because of its Tools and generally because of Tier3 stuff (Advanced Mining Drill and Advanced Lappack) which is easier to get and more powerful than GT stuff).
    Most of UE-addons (Mekanism especially ...) are OP due to breaking IC² balance. Even though they're supposed to be played standalone.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Forestry is OP because of farms making Ethanol way too easy to get (and others fruits/wheat etc ...) and Ethanol being way too powerful (really SirSengir ? 128k EU at 32EU/t ???)

Use "HARD" (or define your own, even harder) gamemode to increase the cost of making biomass / decrease the amount you can squeeze from saplings, etc.

• Official Post

Use "HARD" (or define your own, even harder) gamemode to increase the cost of making biomass / decrease the amount you can squeeze from saplings, etc.

Even though I agree on Ethanol being almost as powerful as regular Oil based Fuel, because its similar to that IRL, I can only say that the default Mode is a little bit too easy for aquiring that much Ethanol. On the other hand, MFR makes Ethanol even more OP, due to being equivalent to it's own Biofuel (even after the name change).

• Alright sometime I just not get the idea of like free TP being OP, its not like it can be used to make free diamonds or such...

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

• Official Post

Alright sometime I just not get the idea of like free TP being OP, its not like it can be used to make free diamonds or such...

Time = something you can use to get resources, thus making free TP being OP.
    Not to forget that you can use portals to move "infinite" distances in a second, making any other way of traveling obsolete.

• I can see a pattern with some of these posts. Unless a mod is designed around another (add-ons) then balance between them is going to be screwed no matter what happens. EE=overpowered (but still fun) on its own. But saying that Tinkers constuct breaks Greg tech when its designed for raw ic2? Also, if we're going by config, then te should be added in.

• Not to forget that you can use portals to move "infinite" distances in a second, making any other way of traveling obsolete.

And escape very quicly from ankward situations. Like drowning.

Yonkers constuct breaks Greg tech when its designed for raw ic2

Yup I know, and I agree it should include a config. I just said "It's OP for the way I'm playing MC", aka mainly based on IC²/GT.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Even though there not in minecraft. I would like to add in some things that are OP from other games. Captain Falcon in the original smash bros, Meta Knight in brawl, Samus in about half-two thirds of the 2D Metroid games and Prime 3, Modern Sonic in Unleashed and Generations, and most of all, Pokémon Red and Blue's Psychic types. And then there is Arceus, the Alpha Pokémon. Those are OP (But still a lot of fun to play as :) )

Note: I should apologies, but when I made my last post I was half asleep and typing on a phone's touch screen that spell checked. It was meant to be Tinker's, not Yonkers, I have no idea why it did that

• Official Post

Note: I should apologies, but when I made my last post I was half asleep and typing on a phone's touch screen that spell checked. It was meant to be Tinker's, not Yonkers, I have no idea why it did that

Maybe the fact that the letter "T" is right next to the "Y", alongside phone autocorrect.

• Simple: whenever an item/block in Minecraft trumps the 'hard work' that somebody else used with other mod items/blocks to achieve a particular task...

'OverPowered' is just a whiny expression of somebody who thinks you didn't work hard enough for your digital blocks. It's digital blocks, ffs...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Powered: Any mechanic that affects game-play. For example: copper tools and armor, electricity system, mobs that drop loot, barrels. Not an example: new colors of wool, bats, name tags, complex models, hats.

Overpowered: Any powered mechanic,that allows faster and more productive game-play (better) than regular game-play. For example: double ore gain (macerators, pulverizers, etc), horses (faster travel), coal to diamond recipe, super-powerful armors, cheaper diamond level protection armor, double gain circuit crafting recipes, any automation of mining, breeding, or farming, cheaper rail recipes, more powerful lava generator, cobblestone*.

Underpowered: Any powered mechanic, which is more costly and less useful (worse) than regular game-play. For example: Macrerators compared with pulverizers, bricks compared to cobblestone, GT automation compare to all other automations, arguably factorization ore gain tripling (due to the ease of mining 50% more over having the extremely complicated and expensive setup).

Not to be confused with:

Game-breaker: Any mechanic, or combination of mechanics, that utterly nullifies the intended game-play completely and thus break the game. For example: dirt to diamond, Endgame of most mods for other mods, philosopher stone for other mods, automated mining, farming, and breeding for vanilla, GT and anything for either GT or everything.

*cobblestone is a very very cheap and easy to get block that has high blast resistance, making it by far the best building material

• This is the best definition of overpowered so far! Anyway cobble is not OP, it is OP but ugly....

• Portal guns use fuel? No its too 20th century, its need a lot of EU to function (and the portal spawner too)

• Portal guns use fuel? No its too 20th century, its need a lot of EU to function (and the portal spawner too)

No, fuel is a better way to power it in a way you can handle ... the battery would be way too heavy don't you think ? No, seriously, Fuel is better because it's more annoying --> Balance.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!