[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• So, Particle Accelerators are coming along pretty nicely.
    I've implemented two modes for it:
    1) Antimatter Production. Does what it sounds like.
    2) Matter Reshaping. It uses already existing items and "reuses" its IV to create other items.

Requires ENORMOUS amounts of energy.

EDIT:
    Some GUI screenshots:

EDIT 2: following current conversion, 1 iridium ore = 16 diamonds = 64 gold. Is that balanced or not? I could bump it up, if needed. Like maybe 2 times?
    EDIT 3: I might want to drop off Advanced Miners. Making it work just won't cost effort doing so. Superconductors I will fix however.
    EDIT 4: commited.. https://github.com/mak326428/L…56dca0b2b38e352de16b08e41
    5 days.. Almost 4 thousand lines of code. Isn't that productive?

• Cool, could Particle Accelerator duplicate any item?

• Official Post

They can duplicate any item that has IV (item value), you will need the equivalent amount of IV to make a new item, as well as a ton of energy.

So it's an energy condenser, that actually needs power, not just the item. Cool :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• They can duplicate any item that has IV (item value), you will need the equivalent amount of IV to make a new item, as well as a ton of energy.

Yes, that's exactly the gist.

EDIT: Oh, these machineitemstackadding thing is a nightmare... You need to check for such a ton of things before adding ONE item to the output slot to prevent dupes/simple disappearing of items.. I must write an utility class for it, because, like i said, it's horrible... ~1000 lines of code just for that purpose and a ton of brainf**king.

EDIT 2: IT WOOOOORKS!

And it does PERFECTLY!
    And i didn't notice any bugs in it! That's awesome!

It's an amazing mechanic, you'll like it in future. At least I definetely will!

EDIT 3: I'm going to do some spadework, clean up recipes (since new IC2 has Small power units), review EItems tiering, remove Advanced Miners and do all that boring manual stuff.

• EDIT 2: following current conversion, 1 iridium ore = 16 diamonds = 64 gold. Is that balanced or not? I could bump it up, if needed. Like maybe 2 times?

I would say: it's balanced SINCE IT CONSUMES ENERGY AND since it's not EE but ... UNequivalent exchange. So nothing could be exploited. Like 4X-->Y but Y would give 1 X.

2) Matter Reshaping. It uses already existing items and "reuses" its IV to create other items.

Uh ? Particle Accelerators don't do that IRL ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Why so? I was hoping to get a decent replacement for BC quarries :\

It's just not worth doing so. It'll just be a lot of brainf**king, which I'm not ready for. I'll be asking IC2 dev team to provide API for miners, so e.g. custom drills & scanners might get added to IC2's miner, having different range and speed.
    Ah, what the heck, Greg, add that API.

Matt:
    It DOES ABSOLUTELY consume energy. Currently, ~500k EU for one operation.

• Did u delete that auto-kill function fro ForceField ChestPlate and Quantum Ring? Why I still cant auto-kill those mobs that are close to me in the newest version?

• Hi at all.

I'm new in the forum.
    Every time I try to start the game I get this error log

Any ideas what happend?
    I'm using the latest version of the mod and the latest version of IC2 exp.
    The old version 0.9.9 worked fine for me so I think its something with the new version.

• Oh, NPE. Okay, gonna fix and upload newer version...

EDIT: Hmm... apparently it is not happy with this line:

Code
    if (clazz.getCanonicalName().equals(ADV_RECIPE_CLASSNAME)
    					|| clazz.getCanonicalName().equals(
    							ADV_SHAPELESS_RECIPE_CLASSNAME)) {

.. weird. Really weird.

• Is it possible that getCanonicalName returns null pointer? I vaguely remember Greg having something similar in his recipe scanner some time ago.

[edit]
    Also, is Java smart enough to remove the double-call to the getCanonicalName? It seems like a non-trivial function call that shouldn't be called twice if you can cache the result.

• Official Post

Even though it is not LS-related, just a random pic that impressed me :O

Apparantly, that requires ALOT of quartz... Like two billion tons of it.

Good god. Who would need that?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Good god. Who would need that?

Algo, apparantly :P
    I wonder how much lag it actually creates... These are ALL tileentities and they are updated EVERY TICK. So, if it even has just a simple Math.sqrt() (and nothing else), it would create SO MUCH lag that you don't even guess.

EDIT:
    I'm going to take a break from modding for this weekend. I'm feeling a little bit burned out, so I need to play the game in order to get modding interest back (and some new ideas too).
    Hopefully I won't become Eloraam N2.

• Official Post

I'm going to take a break from modding for this weekend. I'm feeling a little bit burned out, so I need to play the game in order to get modding interest back (and some new ideas too).
    Hopefully I won't become Eloraam N2.

Eloraam still works on Redpower when she's not around. You'd be more like Alblaka :P

I see this too much.

• Whoa, this mod is getting awesome and awesome, I think u could add Nano Bow and Quantum Bow, Nano Bow has two modes, first one is normal mode, same as vanilla bow, second mode is triple shot mode, it can shoot 3 arrows continuously. Quantum bow has 3 modes, first is normal mode as well, second is quintuple shot mode, it can shoot 5 arrows continuously, last is horizontal & continuous fire mode, it could shoot arrows continuously and all arrow would fly straightly, arrows won't have parabola.