[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• Yup! A better example of how IC2 is being ruined by greg I have yet to see.
    Seriously.. the new UU-matter system is just STUPID broken.

You do realize that Greg did not make the changes to the UU-matter system, that was done entirely by Player and Thunderdark. Also, Greg does not add features to Ic2, he just does compatibility and bug fixes.

Also, please explain to me how the new UU-matter system is "STUPID broken" I prefer it over the old system because it:
    1. Allows 1 item to be made instead of being forced to make multiple for some recipes.

2. It allows higher costs then 9 batches of UU for an item (which is extremely reasonable for some things).

3.It allows more recipes to be made for UU matter, because eventually you can run out of different crafting combinations, and you might want more UU to be required for higher priced items, 9 or example, but that only gives 1 option for a crating layout and it is already taken by diamonds.

• @more flexibility:
    Yes, system itself is awesome, however NUMBERS (these stupid small digits) are AWFUL.
    42 buckets of UUM for 1 iridium ore? Dafuq? I'd better install GT and mine the whole world instead of waiting forever for little massfab (whose max input = 512 btw) to produce SINGLE bucket of UUM. That's horrible for SSP. You just don't have time to wait for it.
    @greg only does compat & bugfixes:
    Yes, and this too: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/j…ental/201/changes#detail1 lol

• Just as with everything, you are not supposed to build just a single massfab and get all the UU from that single one. You are supposed to constantly keep expanding your manufacturing. I've been playing SSP exclusively with GT on mostly on default, partially tuned harder, and have zero problems and never have to afk and wait for stuff. I always have things to do and improve.

TL: DR, stop complaining and L2P :)

• Just as with everything, you are not supposed to build just a single massfab and get all the UU from that single one. You are supposed to constantly keep expanding your manufacturing. I've been playing SSP exclusively with GT on mostly on default, partially tuned harder, and have zero problems and never have to afk and wait for stuff. I always have things to do and improve.

TL: DR, stop complaining and L2P :)

@learn to play:
    heh, I've been playing IC2 since MC 1.0, and it was a challenge for me to build QSuit as fast as possible. In my 1.4.7 world (without GT), I got first iridium after 8 hours of playing.
    The deal is that my computer is quite powerful, although when I have ~512 geothermals (normal setup), it still lags a bit.
    New experimental-uum-mechanic changes nothing, it just makes players build more geothermals/solars/whatever, severing lag.
    Nothing more. Nothing. What's the point?
    Better to provide players more things to do, other than make game just a simple jogtrot. They just simply kill the time (kill the time != wile away the time).

• Is the most recent level storage rc for IC2_Exp compatible with IC2_Exp 232+?

I don't know. It should be, if API didn't change.
    I'm staying on older version, because new IC2 REQUIRES new forge, and I don't feel like redoing the whole dev-environment once again.

• Official Post

I don't know. It should be, if API didn't change.
    I'm staying on older version, because new IC2 REQUIRES new forge, and I don't feel like redoing the whole dev-environment once again.

Then do your Tests on a normal Minecraft instance instad of the Dev Environment. The API should not require latest Forge (the dev deobf however does). You can still choose.

I didn't have the choice so I had to update Forge, because I have the newest experimental IC² in my Dev Environment and I seriously HATE updating Forge, especially if it is not even needed.

• I'll create an addon that lowers required UUM for all the recipes. Tomorrow. Mby the day after.

It's as simple copying the list in Recipes.scanner, removing all the entries from Recipes.scanner and adding all the recipes that existed before removal, but with lower "recordedAmountUU".
    It'll be a 10-lines-of-code addon, seriously, but it will so much significant you wouldn't believe.

• Official Post

Yay, finally someone who understands the time pressured SSP player! :thumbup:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• @learn to play:
    heh, I've been playing IC2 since MC 1.0, and it was a challenge for me to build QSuit as fast as possible. In my 1.4.7 world (without GT), I got first iridium after 8 hours of playing.
    The deal is that my computer is quite powerful, although when I have ~512 geothermals (normal setup), it still lags a bit.
    New experimental-uum-mechanic changes nothing, it just makes players build more geothermals/solars/whatever, severing lag.
    Nothing more. Nothing. What's the point?
    Better to provide players more things to do, other than make game just a simple jogtrot. They just simply kill the time (kill the time != wile away the time).

Again, you are doing it wrong:)
    Instead of spamming laggy first generation power sources you should be using better ways, e.g reactors. As a bonus it's way more interesting than just using a billion of a single type of generator as you propose.

• I have 860 000 mb liquid umatter but no need this :D i can not make iridium ore , and I prefer modular power suite armors

You have 860 buckets of UUM. 860 UUMBuckets = 20 iridium ore. That's not even enough for ONE quantum suit.
    It's 5 iridium plates, you need 72 for quantum ring.

EDIT:
    Lol, i am mad evil scientist:

Code
    /**
    	 * Gets a list of recipes.
    	 * You're a mad evil scientist if you ever modify this.
    	 * @return List of recipes
    	 */
    	public Map<IRecipeInput, RecipeOutput> getRecipes();

EDIT 2:
    The beginning...

Code
    2013-10-03 13:15:25 [INFO] [STDOUT] Scanner recipes list size: 18
    • Official Post

Really, modifying that is pointless.
    @L2P : Thats true in your case, i'm playing with IC since MC beta 1.5_01 . Before the UUM rework i was able to get the whole Qsuit in less than a day...
    @Power : Just use a reactor.

Newest news for you : You can now use transformer upgrades on a mass fabricator therefore increasing the energy you can input on it, "waiting problem" solved.

• Ready!

BTW, you can not only decrease values, you can also increase them, if you want. Could be useful for hardcorish servers.
    And here is what the config looks like:

And here's ALL the mod source:

110 lines, not bad. But this will save a TON of your time.
    It's fully custom, you can tune it however you want.

And, just to prove that it works:

Actually, believe it or not, 1000 mB is even more expensive than it was in previous IC2 versions.

• Nice, how about custom uu recipes? or disable some? :D

@custom recipes:
    Nah, I don't want to deal with it for now.
    @disable some:
    Implemented, just set -1 to any recipe you want to disable.

EDIT: Created a thread in Pending Addons section.
    Ask any questions you have there.

• Official Post

Actually, believe it or not, 1000 mB is even more expensive than it was in previous IC2 versions.

Still not more than old GregTech UUM.

The only problem with the UUM, in my opinion, is the replicator which can't (or couldn't) accept EU and burn UUM fast enough.

• Still not more than old GregTech UUM.

The only problem with the UUM, in my opinion, is the replicator which can't (or couldn't) accept EU and burn UUM fast enough.

Do you have so much UUM that your Replicator can not burn all of it? Lol. You must be extremely hitech at this point.

• OMG , I have 872 buckets liquid umatter and I can not make quantum suite ??? hehe so ic2 is crazy, hehe so modular power suites rule :D

• Official Post

Nothing that a reactor or tons of windmills can't do.

@above : Thats because you don't have GregTech. MPS recipes would have changed drastically, requiring more iridium plates and other tier 4 stuff than anything (even more than your items mak).