[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• Playing in my legit IC2_experimental 1.6.2 world (with a ton of mods, including LS), I figured out what things you don't want to do (bitter experience):
    1. Don't click with Atomic Disassemblers ANYWHERE near your machinery. You'll cry a lot.
    2. Don't use Atomic Disassemblers with charge > 32. You risk to loose your life (on >= 64 max damage = 24 = 12 hearts, on 32 - 12 - 6 hearts).
    3. Watch your healthbar when using Atomic Disassemblers. ALWAYS.
    4. Don't punch enemies with Atomic Disassemblers. Yes, it will kill mobs instantly, but at the same time it will drain 16 000 EU. After 8 or so hits, you will significantly lower your mobilepower and will need to run to your base AGAIN.
    5. After dying more than 6 times, consider switching config option "atomicDisassemblersEnableDamage" off.

EDIT 2:
    What the heck happened just now? WHHHAAAAAAAT?

That must be random.
    If anybody has a guess what happened, tell me. Would really appreciate it.
    I hereby officially declare: Electric Lighters and Flight Registry are not relative in any way, shape or form. Not in the slightest.
    And why CME? Usually in Minecraft it happens when some fellow modder forgets to check for !FMLCommonHandler.instance().getEffectiveSide().isClient(), however I have a TickHandler there which is registered only on Server (simulating) side. And ticks() function returns EnumSet.of(TickType.SERVER). There is no way it can happen. Just no way. Only if in java, following some voodoo magic you can call 1 function in the same time (which is theoretically impossible without threads and even in later case it is highly improbable it can happen)

EDIT 3: i am adding breaking particles for Atomic Disassembler. After making one tunnel, it sends ONE (instead ~1000, which was planned initially) packet, but the problem is that packet's size is ~66 kilobytes). And that's really not that bad. I'll go with it.

• Hee, amusing. I've been meaning to play a legit 1.6.2 game but between life (aka: the annoying necessity called a job) and GTA5 I haven't had a lot of free time.

EDIT 3: i am adding breaking particles for Atomic Disassembler. After making one tunnel, it sends ONE (instead ~1000, which was planned initially) packet, but the problem is that packet's size is ~66 kilobytes). And that's really not that bad. I'll go with it.

(Warning: Pedant alert)
    Technically it's not one packet as it'll get split up by the TCP/IP stack but yeah, still rather tons better than 1000.

random off-topic statement: Bloody curse... the MC forums are down.

• 1. Don't click with Atomic Disassemblers ANYWHERE near your machinery. You'll cry a lot.
    2. Don't use Atomic Disassemblers with charge > 32. You risk to loose your life (on >= 64 max damage = 24 = 12 hearts, on 32 - 12 - 6 hearts).
    3. Watch your healthbar when using Atomic Disassemblers. ALWAYS.
    4. Don't punch enemies with Atomic Disassemblers. Yes, it will kill mobs instantly, but at the same time it will drain 16 000 EU. After 8 or so hits, you will significantly lower your mobilepower and will need to run to your base AGAIN.
    5. After dying more than 6 times, consider switching config option "atomicDisassemblersEnableDamage" off.

What????Atomic Disassemblers can deal damge? and it will kill all kind of mobs instantly? including BOSS? and could u tell me how to use AOE KILL function from Quantum Ring and ForceField ChestPlate?

• What????Atomic Disassemblers can deal damge? and it will kill all kind of mobs instantly? including BOSS? and could u tell me how to use AOE KILL function from Quantum Ring and ForceField ChestPlate?

In case you didn't know, Atomic Disassemblers have "tunnel length" property. (which is power of two, i.e. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 )
    You can increase (and shift to decrease) tunnel length for Atomic Disassemblers via pressing "Range key" (standart minecraft keybinding, which is defaulted to V key)

On least (which is one) tunnel length, there is no way you can get damaged.

The formula for damage (which ignores any protection except for Quantum Ring) you get from it is:
    TL - tunnel length
    random(tl /4 * 1.5)

Which is random at all times, so theoretically you can get 0 damage even with 128 tunnel length.
    So, on 128 tunnel length, you get 48 maxdamage, which grants you more than 50% chance of death upon use.
    On 64 length, you get 24 maxdamage, which is still dangerous.
    So, following this simple logic, use Atomic Disassemblers with 32 tunnellength, after you get damaged, wait a bit to regen health and do the same again.

@Ook:
    I meant minecraft-packets. Minecraft still wraps its packets into a header+content form. So, instead of sending 1000 packets with 1000 headers, it sends 1 big packet with 1 header. Much more efficient, right?

• Official Post

Or just Spam click with tunnel range 1.

Also by your formula, if random > 0 and tl > 0, damage > 0 , therefore you can theorically take damage with tunnel length 1.

• Or just Spam click with tunnel range 1.

Also by your formula, if random > 0 and tl > 0, damage > 0 , therefore you can theorically take damage with tunnel length 1.

No. random(0) = 0. Well, not zero really... Exception, but let's take it as zero.
    random(floor(tl / 4 * 1.5)) = 0
    random(floor(1 / 4 * 1.5)) = 0
    random(floor(0.375)) = 0
    random(0) = 0
    That "floor" part is important.

@Spam click with tunnel range 1:
    It will be really annoying and it is just simpler to click 1 time with 32-tl instead of 32 times with 1.

• Official Post

You omitted that "floor" part for me...
    Nothing that an autoclick cant solve.

• Once again, playing in my 1.6.2 world, found what a nice of a mining tool Enhanced DDrill is (coal... coal... everywhere):

All the things here were mined for ~20 minutes.

Although it was a lot of fun, i doubt about balance.. What do you make of it?

• Once again, playing in my 1.6.2 world, found what a nice of a mining tool Enhanced DDrill is (coal... coal... everywhere):

All the things here were mined for ~20 minutes.

Although it was a lot of fun, i doubt about balance.. What do you make of it?

Personally i've never liked the idea of enchanted drill much. Mostly because it's an enchant once and never do it again sort of thing, the tool never wears out.

• Personally i've never liked the idea of enchanted drill much. Mostly because it's an enchant once and never do it again sort of thing, the tool never wears out.

Enhancement vs. Enchantment.
    Enchantibility for the Enhanced DDrill can be turned off in the config.
    Just for the record, my drill didn't have any enchantments on it.

EDIT:
    Had 45 FPS. Added 15 geothermals + 15 fluid pipes + 15 gold cables. Have ~90 FPS. Dafuq? Is that kind of new mechanics of IC2?
    If so, i'll add 100 more geothermals. Will see how it works out.

• Official Post

Had 45 FPS. Added 15 geothermals + 15 fluid pipes + 15 gold cables. Have ~90 FPS. Dafuq? Is that kind of new mechanics of IC2?

Less empty space? I remember in 1.2.5 empty space killed my fps near lots of finished quarries. No idea if that still happens though

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Less empty space? I remember in 1.2.5 empty space killed my fps near lots of finished quarries. No idea if that still happens though

Nay, doesn't seem like it. Following this logic, in MystCraft Void Ages we should get ~0 FPS, however I get ~150 even with ~400 tileentities there. I kind of grasp what direwolf says about Void ages being perfect for massive factories/workshops.

EDIT:
    Let me tell you: IC2_experimental is an awesome fork of previously stagnant IC2. While being a bit more complex, it is still fun to play. I've been sceptic, but now I changed my opinion. IMHO, Thunderdark and Player did a great job on it. Thank them so much!

• Official Post

Less empty space? I remember in 1.2.5 empty space killed my fps near lots of finished quarries. No idea if that still happens though

This only applies to space which has been made empty. If it was empty in the first place, then nothing happens as that subchunk doesnt exist. But in case of your Quarry I guess that was another Problem, like flowing Water killing your FPS.

• This only applies to space which has been made empty. If it was empty in the first place, then nothing happens as that subchunk doesnt exist. But in case of your Quarry I guess that was another Problem, like flowing Water killing your FPS.

You don't know how much you helped me, Greg. Thanks!
    I was always wondering what was killing my FPS. I always blamed IC2 ENet and AE's Grid, but now i know that was flowing water.
    BTW, by "subchunks" you mean ExtendedStorageSomething[]?

• Official Post

With Subchunks I mean that a Chunk is 16x16xWorldheight, a subchunk is 16x16x16. The amount of Subchunks also indirectly influences Mob spawn rates, what makes Sky-Mob-Traps less efficient due to the Chunk the Skytrap is in is having more Subchunks at where the Mobs could spawn but fail (onthe lower grounds), because Mobs spawn on the lower areas and instantly despawn (instead of spawning inside the Trap) when the Player is on that height.

• So, I feel like I played enough (almost got quantum, but my armor's recipes are cruel.. way to go), and it's time to get to dev.
    My plans for today: add HUD for armors/other EItems in inventory & Enhanced NanoChestplate (NanoChestplate + Enhanced Lappack).
    I have nothing for now, let's see how I make out!

EDIT 2: I implemented HUD (you can turn off it in the config) and am planning to actually embody the Particle Accelerators.

EDIT 3: Working on IV (i will tell you later what it is, kind of EMCish thing, more like DynEMCish)

• Let me tell you: IC2_experimental is an awesome fork of previously stagnant IC2. While being a bit more complex, it is still fun to play. I've been sceptic, but now I changed my opinion. IMHO, Thunderdark and Player did a great job on it. Thank them so much!

Thank Gregorius for this too! :rolleyes:

• Eh, What are the meanings of EMCish and DynEMCish?

Well, since I'm pretty close to finish with my RecipeParsing (analogy of which pahimar is writing for about.. half-a-year now...), I'll tell what it is:
    IV (which stands for Item Value) is assigned to as much items as possible (ideally about ~40% items should have it), and represents how worthy that item is.
    Have you played EE2? If you did, you understand what I am getting at.
    That's about IVSystem itself. Now onto how you will be able to use it [in future]:
    I am going to add a Particle Accelerator.
    It will have two mods: antimatter production & items duplication (which is balanced, you'll understand why it is in future).
    Here is all the spoilers for now.

• Oh I got it, I played EE2 before