Suggestion: Rotary Macerator

• Like the induction furnace. But a macerator. And using Rotation Speed instead of Heat. It would have a recipe something like this:
    RRR
    RMR
    RAR
    Where R=Refined iron, M=Macerator, and A=advanced machine block.

It would be used to create a Macerator counterpart to the Induction Furnace, so you don't spend hours waiting for your macerators and spend seconds smelting in your Induction Furnace.

Edit: It would have 1 input slot, but 2 output slots. So you can Macerate an entire stack of stuff without deloading it halfway. And it would also macerate at full charge 2x the speed of the induction furnace, so they would take the same time to do the same task. I.E you put a stack of iron ore into the Rotary Macerator and then you put the 2 stacks of dust into the furnace and it takes the same time to smelt as it did to macerate.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Gleenus Aproves :thumbup:

If my sugestion of Atomizer and Combiner are aproved, the IC² have all machines Lvl 2(Combiner = Compressor lvl2 | Atomizer = Extractor lvl 2 | Rotary Macerator = Macerator lvl 2)

• Or how about instead of your rotary macerator getting faster getting more efficient, by producing more oar dust per oar block. this would in the long run make the maceration process faster because it would yield more products in the same amount of time. Or in other words the oar dust per second ratio would be greatly improved.

• What you're talking about would be quite similar to a ball mill. They constantly run and pulverize material fed into it, and are used extesnsively for ore processing. As far as similarities to the induction furnace, I don't think it should have 2 slots for item processing.

• What you're talking about would be quite similar to a ball mill. They constantly run and pulverize material fed into it, and are used extesnsively for ore processing. As far as similarities to the induction furnace, I don't think it should have 2 slots for item processing.

I was thinking about the same, but more speed macerating ores would be nice.. even with 9 of them working is kinda 'slow' compared to the induction furnace

• I was thinking about the same, but more speed macerating ores would be nice.. even with 9 of them working is kinda 'slow' compared to the induction furnace

Amen. I had an array of 12 Macerators going along side a few IF's, and the IF's easily outstripped the Macerators. This is a good idea.

Though, I suppose it could be like a centrifuge, the force removing the stone and revealing the crushed ore, or something like that.

• What I was thinking on how it works was simply so that you could have an equal amounts of macerators and furnaces. So like when you have 3 macerators and 3 electro furnaces, they balance out in terms of speed. Same with the Rotary Macerator and Induction Furnace. As of logic working, it's basically a hammer on a free joint on a rotating disk, which is attached to a high torque low acceleration motor. And then little minipistons to push the bigger chunks into the hammer path and sort ore dust from rock.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

• a macerator version of the IndF would be very much liked. maybe only one slot but has the same "speeds up" mechanic as the IndF that way a 2-1 ratio of "v2 macerators" would balance out. at the moment ONE preheated Indf uses the output of around 20 macerators to keep up

• I don't see a problem with having a second output slot, only being able to macerate half a stack per machine is a little annoying. Plus I constantly find myself waiting for my macerators to finish. So a faster macerator that works like the if and lets me macerate an entire stack at a time is something I would greatly welcome. But making it so it produces more dust at higher percentages makes it op imo.

• Or how about instead of your rotary macerator getting faster getting more efficient, by producing more oar dust per oar block. this would in the long run make the maceration process faster because it would yield more products in the same amount of time. Or in other words the oar dust per second ratio would be greatly improved.

i have some comments
    1. we are not rowing boats, ore as in iron ore is spelled like so (not oar as in a boat oar (the big stick with a funny end you use to push water currents propelling yourself in a forward motion))
    2. the request for a better macerator that yields more ore has been denied
    3. a faster more reasonable machine like the rotary macerator is a good idea
    4. the maceator is a great machine that already increases your mining efficiency by 100% making it overpowered makes it boring and less fun/challenging

all in the end i support this and think it can be coded much like the induction furnace so fairly easy to implement (i think (im not a coder))

MinecraftChicken is yummy
    MinecraftCow is mooey
    MinecraftPig is oinky
    :Mining Laser: is pewy
    MinecraftCreeper is EXPLOSIVE!!
    RUN AWAY!!

• i have some comments
    1. we are not rowing boats, ore as in iron ore is spelled like so (not oar as in a boat oar (the big stick with a funny end you use to push water currents propelling yourself in a forward motion))
    2. the request for a better macerator that yields more ore has been denied
    3. a faster more reasonable machine like the rotary macerator is a good idea
    4. the maceator is a great machine that already increases your mining efficiency by 100% making it overpowered makes it boring and less fun/challenging

all in the end i support this and think it can be coded much like the induction furnace so fairly easy to implement (i think (im not a coder))

It should be easy. CopyPasta the induction furnace code and replace the outputs and inputs with Macerator stuff. Then make a nice new gui for it (or just edit the Induction Furnace one) and remove 1 of the input slots. Not too terribly difficult.

• yes to upgraded macerator
    yes to two out slots

no to 4x dusts
    I have a 16 macerator array and two IFs i wait 10 minutes for the maceration to finish and I spend 2 minutes feeding dusts into my IFs

• yes to upgraded macerator
    yes to two out slots

no to 4x dusts
    I have a 16 macerator array and two IFs i wait 10 minutes for the maceration to finish and I spend 2 minutes feeding dusts into my IFs

This... two dust ore makes sense... not four... (because now you are just pulling material from nowhere...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• It would be great if there was a tier2 version of the macerator.

Or virtually every machine... would make teching up past tier 1 machines more worth it...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.