• Hello there guys, got a question for you today. What the crap is happening to IC2? The API has issues at best,the recipes are pathetic at best.

• Official Post

It is an unstable build, meant for overhaul of most things and new features, thats why it is unstable.
    API, E-net and many things are being changed.

Meanwhile, stay with lf builds (or the experimental one before the e-net change, if you don't want machines exploding).

• Official Post

Yea, a bit.
    Even though GregoriusT is now on IC² team, those changes are being made by player and thunderdark.
    Probably they did like GT style, which makes you to realistically craft plates and some other components to craft major stuff, instead of simply smashing some random things together.

• Really expensive recipes is realistic yea. But you will loose a lot of people through that. I mean the generator recipe is pathetic for the power output. Most all the recipes are beyond bad for their return.

• Official Post

Using plates instead of ingots hardly makes an entire core aspect of a mod bad.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• What about the rest of the recipes? No plates are not bad but if they make the entire mod hard to get stuff like a whooping generator hard to get early on that's bad. Since it is a T1 early on power source.

• Not its more than just plates. If it was just plates I wouldn't mind quite as much. Other than the fact you waste a good chunk of iron making whooping T1 energy device with little return and you also have to fuel it. Most of the other T1 items have changed as well. T2,3 is probably next. Its basically like IC2 is integrating GTech slowly.

• Can you tell me the recipe for the generator? I currently have Gregtech installed and am too lazy to remove it just to check the recipe for a it.

• Official Post

(I'm just expressing an opinion, so don't take it seriously) :
    IC² userbase was kept alive because GT was there, innovating (almost) everyday, because IC² itself had no considerable new features for a very long time, just a few almost unoticeable additions.
    Now that the majority of IC² users are also GT users, IC² had to change.

• ok ok all cill and listen.

No one pushet you from behind to play with the new or old IC2 if you dont like it.
    Changes are changes, thei did not ask you (the community) if you want to play IC2 from the beginning.
    IT is the IC2 team decision on what goes in and what comes out for the future IC2.

If you don't like the new IC2.
    Then leave it like it is and don't ever waste the time for this community to explain to you "why don't you like the new changes."

I really don't know what is happening to this community. But to google something (IC2 EXP) it is so hard. Or to use youtube to search for a tutorial on "how to install ..." all this thing are way too complicated for some people.

• Really expensive recipes is realistic yea. But you will loose a lot of people through that. I mean the generator recipe is pathetic for the power output. Most all the recipes are beyond bad for their return.

That is mainly to make the game "more rewarding". Actually, expensive recipies + nerfed outputs + EXTRA OUTPUTS AFTER THAT is an extremly good way to make the game enjoying longer.

Using plates instead of ingots hardly makes an entire core aspect of a mod bad.

No, that's just your opinion. We know that you love things when they're OP, and that most of people are against changes, but plates are actually a really good way to perform that "reward" system. Pay a lot at first, then enjoy extras.

Lots of people may be against changes, but the new recipies are much more interesting IMO.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I really don't know what is happening to this community. But to google something (IC2 EXP) it is so hard. Or to use youtube to search for a tutorial on "how to install ..." all this thing are way too complicated for some people.

If someone is incapable of installing IC2 there is something severely wrong with their intelligence.

If by "install" you meant how to use the new machines in the experimental branch then it's only normal there aren't really any tutorials as most of these machines have existed just a few weeks and there hasn't been a formal release of anything. If you want half-decent documentation and how-to videos just sit back and wait until things settle down. Come back in about half a year or so and you'll have all you need.

• Remember, even though you have to use Plates, you now no longer have to cook up Iron twice to use it.

Hell, that alone is fine by me. People don't realize that they were losing 3120 EU just to make 1 machine block... Even more if you overclocked the machine any...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

We know that you love things when they're OP

Do I? Huh. Guess it was that obvious :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Point being though yea you only have to cook it up once but you use triple the iron in the process. And also iron is more rare than coal as well by far. Also you can't really go back anymore since all the mods are updating to the 2.0 API.

• when we are at rant about next version. what the hell did you with nuclear reactor? if I tested it correctly it seems like now it have 5 times lower output than before.