In which way I should publish updates? 44
Often with minor changes (34) 77%
Rarely with major changes (10) 23%
Transducers is my first mod. After Snyke7 disappered and Transformers has been discontinued I thought about good alternative for it and decided to write this mod.
It's based on Snyke7's conversion algorithm with about 1% energy loss and ready for new IC2 Experimental!
Mod is in beta phase, so may contain bugs.
Transformers topic: http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=5789
Blocks, items and recipes (outdated, I will upload soon):
Low Voltage Electric Engine - accepts up to 32 EU/t and outputs 12,8 MJ
Medium Voltage Electric Engine - accepts up to 128 EU/t and outputs 51,2 MJ
High Voltage Electric Engine - accepts up to 512 EU/t and outputs 204,8 MJ
Extreme Voltage Electric Engine - accepts up to 2048 EU/t and outputs 819,2 MJ
High Throughput Power Pipe - it can receive up to 4096 MJ per tick, behaves like wooden pipe
Low Voltage Pneumatic Transducer - accepts max 12,8 MJ and outputs 32 EU/t
Medium Voltage Pneumatic Transducer - accepts max 51,2 MJ and outputs 128 EU/t
High Voltage Pneumatic Transducer - accepts max 204,8 MJ and outputs 512 EU/t
Extreme Voltage Pneumatic Transducer - accepts max 819,2 MJ and outputs 2048 EU/t
Now some words about Pneumatic Transducers - if placed near pipe, cable or other tile, it will not connect with it. You have to set input/output with IC2 wrench (wrench from Gregtech should be compatible too). Blue is MJ input, orange is EU output. Why in such way? Think about situation when you have a lot of pipes and/or cables around transducer. It will connect with each pipe/cable/tile on its side. This solution may help you in the similar situation.
But what about engines? Why are their trunks black? Because it's cold! Run your engine and look at trunk. First it will be red, next - orange, yellow and finally white.
If you put a piece of metal into the fire it will change color to red, orange, yellow and finally white. Simple?
Changelog (will add more pre-public notes soon):
- Moved PowerHandler initialization to validate() to avoid using tier 0 as default.
- Fixed crafting recipes with energy and lapotron crystals.
- Changed some recipes.
- Finished GregTech support.
- Created ItemCustomPipe for customization purposes.
- Moved items and blocks translations outside code - use .lang files instead.
- Implemented dynamic energy amout emission for engines (for future use).
- Initial GUI and Containers implementation.
- Partially finished BC trigger (will not work until heat is being calculated properly).
- Decreased network updates frequency.
- Code and formatting cleanup.
- Fixed rotating engines with wrench
- Fixed crash with Buildcraft 4.1.2
- No more spam in console
- Engine will work after chunk reload
- Changed High Throughput Power Pipe texture
- Initial public release
To do list:
Add custom BC trigger for engines
Add special recipes for Gregtech and fix crafting with energy/lapotron crystals
- [INITIAL IMPLEMENTATION] Add GUI for engines and pneumatic transducers
- Add slot for batteries/energy crystals/lapotron crystals and transformer upgrades (in engines)
- Add Regulated Engine
Fix High Throughput Power Pipe rendering issue
- New heat calculation system
- [IN PROGRESS] Improve performance (improved a bit)
- [IN PROGRESS] Add particles
- More transducers (?)
- (Something else?)
Latest version can be downloaded from attachments.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or bug reports, please write them here
Special thanks to:
- kali876 - textures and some ideas
- Kempior - some tips and ideas