[Addon v2.0 Experimental for MC 1.6.2/1.6.4] Transducers (Beta) - IC2 <-> BC power converters

• In which way I should publish updates? 44

1. Often with minor changes (34) 77%
    2. Rarely with major changes (10) 23%

Hello everybody.
    Transducers is my first mod. After Snyke7 disappered and Transformers has been discontinued I thought about good alternative for it and decided to write this mod.
    It's based on Snyke7's conversion algorithm with about 1% energy loss and ready for new IC2 Experimental!
    Mod is in beta phase, so may contain bugs.

Transformers topic: http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=5789

Screenshot:

Blocks, items and recipes (outdated, I will upload soon):

Now some words about Pneumatic Transducers - if placed near pipe, cable or other tile, it will not connect with it. You have to set input/output with IC2 wrench (wrench from Gregtech should be compatible too). Blue is MJ input, orange is EU output. Why in such way? Think about situation when you have a lot of pipes and/or cables around transducer. It will connect with each pipe/cable/tile on its side. This solution may help you in the similar situation.

But what about engines? Why are their trunks black? Because it's cold! Run your engine and look at trunk. First it will be red, next - orange, yellow and finally white.
    If you put a piece of metal into the fire it will change color to red, orange, yellow and finally white. Simple?

Changelog (will add more pre-public notes soon):

To do list:

Source code:

Latest version can be downloaded from attachments.

If you have any suggestions, ideas or bug reports, please write them here ;)

Special thanks to:

• kali876 - textures and some ideas
    • Kempior - some tips and ideas
  • why do you have a power loss?
    Most conversion mods don't have loss. I know its not realistic but, this is MC. We don't care about realistic.
    Also, liquid coolant for elec engines doesn't make sense. You can't cool elec engines properly by just cooling the stator. Cooling the rotor can only be done with a lubricating fluid due to the fact it is spinning. Electric motors are air cooled.
    And what about an adjustable elec engine? Why do you not have one of those or is that on the to do list?

• Buildcraft applies 1% power loss by default. This value can't be set to 0, because of API change in 1.6.2.
    I must think about cooling engines with liquid. Probably I will left it without changes.
    Adjustable (Regulated) engine is on to-do list and will appear after adding GUIs.

• Official Post

Adjustable (Regulated) engine is on to-do list and will appear after adding GUIs.

What if all electric engines are adjustable? The only difference would be the maximum input/output.
    For example you could adjust the LV electric engine to output between 0,1 MJ to 12,8 MJ (with accordingly EU consumption) same thing for the other engines, but with higher limits.

• Buildcraft applies 1% power loss by default. This value can't be set to 0, because of API change in 1.6.2.
    I must think about cooling engines with liquid. Probably I will left it without changes.

what?!??!!
    BC yanked all power loss a few versions ago.
    I also don't like the recipes, why do I have to use the next lower power elec motor to craft the one above it? That only makes sense if they were generating power but they are just converting it

• Official Post

I was wondering when a mod like this would finally get updated/made. I presume we can use Snyke's textures still if we put them in the right place?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• About energy loss: Look into BC Energy API. Even if you set zero perdition it will be set to minimum - 1%. Also comments in code says all about minimal power loss.

Some words about Snyke7's textures: It will require some changes in Pneumatic Transducers inputs/outputs and in engines renderer, but some textures will work without changes.

• nice work, glad to see a revival, any chance of a power conversion ratio settable in config? (for those of us that use the railcrafts steam turbine conversion ratio of 8mj-25eu) or any other ratio

• What if all electric engines are adjustable? The only difference would be the maximum input/output.
    For example you could adjust the LV electric engine to output between 0,1 MJ to 12,8 MJ (with accordingly EU consumption) same thing for the other engines, but with higher limits.

If I'm hearing this correctly you mean: Min. LV--->Max LV/Min. MV--->Max MV, etc.?

• umm... do I understand that right? the converters can explode?
    only by too much energy or also by overheating?
    and how big is the radius/strength?
    - Shadow

Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)

• Is there a release for v2.0 yet? I am having bugs that crash the game quite often. I really want to use this mod because it is so easy to use! :D