Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Does anyone else find it fun to get frustrated at idiots/pseudoscientists? I Guess it enforces your opinion of yourself.
    YAY! NARCISSISM IS FUN!

• This is the Random IC2 Chat so I'm posting this here :)

I'm using IC2 Exp. build 370. I use Advanced Solar Panels, which includes a Molecular Transformer. To craft, it requires an MV-Transformer, which doesn't have a recipe in NEI. Was it changed/removed?

• Had some fun using a 555 timer to modulate 180-ish kHz square wave for audio amplification, discovered that random mosfets ripped out of dead fluorescent light ballasts require a bit more current on the base to switch to full on output than I expected. The audio on the speaker is pretty crappy, but the fact that the speaker is a 3cm-ish 1/4 watt taken from some cheap toy doesn't help :P

• Official Post

This is the Random IC2 Chat so I'm posting this here :)

I'm using IC2 Exp. build 370. I use Advanced Solar Panels, which includes a Molecular Transformer. To craft, it requires an MV-Transformer, which doesn't have a recipe in NEI. Was it changed/removed?

No, the mv transformer should still have a recipe... odd....
    I dont think it changed from the old one either.

• http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/r…nys-next-consolehandheld/

Your opinions on this. If this is true, it would be much more powerful then the PS4 or X-box one. Is this panic mode due to the bad sales last year, a fail safe incase Smash 4 and the new Zelda don't sell consoles, Nintendo getting ready to rejoin the console wars once again, considering as it will have to compete with Sony, Valve and Microsoft (Assuming the Steam Machine doesn't kill Microsoft (Please do it!!!)) in the next generation or bullshit.

• Official Post

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/r…nys-next-consolehandheld/

Your opinions on this. If this is true, it would be much more powerful then the PS4 or X-box one. Is this panic mode due to the bad sales last year, a fail safe incase Smash 4 and the new Zelda don't sell consoles, Nintendo getting ready to rejoin the console wars once again, considering as it will have to compete with Sony, Valve and Microsoft (Assuming the Steam Machine doesn't kill Microsoft (Please do it!!!)) in the next generation or bullshit.

Wow. If Nintendo actually release this, XBox and PS4 will be dead. No gaming console is beaten by NIntendo, as Wiis were never designed to (and at the time couldn't anyway).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I just now looked up the 1.8 update to see what it was about and they are adding more rock species to the game. If they are actually going to upgrade the world gen. to reflect geological accuracy, then it sounds pretty damn cool. But more than likely, they won't :S

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Diorite can be crafted with 2 Cobblestone and 2 Nether Quartz in a checker board pattern
    Andesite can be crafted with 1 Cobblestone and 1 Diorite
    Granite can be crafted with 1 Nether Quartz and 1 Diorite

They also spawn like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/rvAl4js.jpg too high resolution

'Geological accuracy' isn't something they are working hard on it seems.

• Official Post

It's just meant to be another pretty block to build with. No need for geology.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Just finished my 1.8 skin, what do you think?

What exactly CHANGED in the 1.8 skin thing? What are the advantages?

• What exactly CHANGED in the 1.8 skin thing? What are the advantages?

Right and left arms and legs are now editable independently
    Uses a char.png file with new layout and new dimensions
    Dimensions for the file are now 64x64
    Overlay now includes the whole body (So I can have a 'hat' all over my skin).
    Overlays are called hat, jacket, sleeves and pants legs
    New "Skin Customization" button in the options menu
    Cape visibility is now toggled from here
    You can toggle the visibility of overlays, independent for each limb/body part (bruce wayne into batman seems to be common on reddit).
    Skins are less likely to reset to default in-game
    Changing skins is more instant in servers
    Skin Guide

Skin editor I used (1.8 ready)
    http://www.needcoolshoes.com/

• Official Post

NVMLOL`=

• No need for geology.

I'd like to see you grow a computer, boy...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

I'd like to see you grow a computer, boy...

Challenge accepted. I'll plant it and in a few months I'll have a computer tree.

I see this too much.