Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Choco, BTW, is this your dog ?
    And because it's random chat, can you make a thread for our pack, and also remove recipes that use a regular furnace and a machine block, instead of the iron furnace please ^^

• Official Post

Choco, BTW, is this your dog ?

Indeed it is

can you make a thread for our pack

Uhhhhhh, maybe.

remove recipes that use a regular furnace and a machine block, instead of the iron furnace please

For what, the generator?

Dog ffffffffffffffff V

Images

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Since you're here TD, can you give someone permission to upload a file of IC2 since the jenkins is down? :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• that is all.

We gave you one job, one simple job. Build a portal to the nether and you screwed that up.

• @Choco : You know, there's some generators that have an alternate recipe that uses a furnace and a machine block, instead of the iron furnace and iron plates, well delete those alternate recipes because remember, I made the iron furnace requiring a netherack, a machine block and a furnace ^^

• Official Post

Ohhh right, ok then.

I see this too much.

• BTW, on the test survival world, I'm almost at the steel age, just hunting some slimes for one more slime ball ^^ , then I will make some IC2 basic machines ( E-furnace, macerator, compressor, extractor, and metal former ) , and maybe I will upgrade the macerator into a crusher :D and E furnace into an energised smelter, then I'm gonna set a quarry, and have some ressources to build advanced machines of IC2 and Mekanism and TE4.

For energy, I'm gonna go with solid heat generator and fluid heat generator first, connected to a stirling generator to produce energy, and then I'm gonna take those machines, and use them to craft mekanism heat generator, and I'm gonna put it on a lava source for my first passive renewable energy ^^ , then I'm gonna use Wind Powa and golem tree farm to use the active mode of the heat generator ( it can generate electricity passively and actively at the same time ) :D

BTW : I think I found ( maybe ? ) a bug on IC2 end ( I might be really wrong, and it can be a bug on mekanism end ) , because for some reason, storage units and generators of IC2 refuse to output energy in mekanism universal cables. You can input energy, but not output, the only way for now to output IC2 energy into mekanism, is to use the energy tablet, pipe in a SU, and pipe out and then again in an energy cube :P

• Official Post

Is anyone else pissed off the Fact that most Games don't run on Windows 8 (or newer Computers in general), even with compatibility Mode, Single Processor Affinity using the cmd.exe and several Graphic Settings? Hell I even tried to fool the shit using an imaginary THIRD Screen with lower resolution attached to extend the left Side of the Desktop to (what technically works very well for resolution limited Games).

Here a few Games which I didn't get to run because of stupid reasons:

The first and original "City Life" has once corrupted my Computer by installing its internal Graphics Driver, so I had to reset the Computer, this is a while ago but I mention that one too. Nowadays that is fixed in newer Versions, but it was fucking awful to reinstall all the other Programs. That told me to always put a Recovery Point, before doing any installation of a Program.

Cossacks, none of the 3 Versions of the first generation. The Screen just doesn't update, it renders the Screen once and then it decides to not render the rest. But the Game itself works otherwise perfectly fine and non-frozen in the background, so I can click Menu options with my invisible Mouse and whenever the Screen has a major change, it updates once and I get to the next Screen, I even started a Game, which ofcourse also didnt update the Screen, but after a while I heard how my people got massacred, so the Game ran perfectly fine otherwise.

Port Royal 2. The Menu renders perfectly fine with the most beautiful settings the Game "can" provide, but when the Game starts, it, guess what, freezes the damn Screen the same way as above, while the Game itself, ofcourse, runs perfectly.

Now for a great surprise, Anno 1701 doesn't run at all, because I quote "The Driver isn't certified", and that only because the Driver is "too new" for that kind of detection table, WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THAT!?! WHO THE FUCK LIMITS GAMES TO OLD DRIVERS BY USING A FUCKING TABLE!?!

Then I inserted a Game that I haven't played in a long time because it never ran on my second and third Win XP Computers (it ran on the first and also slowest one), Sid Meiers Pirates! I didn't expect it to even start up, but what happens was that it ran perfectly! It even detected the Language properly! How the hell does this Game work but not the rest of the newer Games!?!

-----

When I make a Game it will be Java, and nothing but Java, just to be compatible with almost everything. And I will add a clause that forces the use of Java for any produced Game to the general policy of the company, just in case it gets bought.

Seriously, if they can't even have newer Systems compatible with things which were specialized on Windows, then nothing should run exclusively on Windows Drivers. Someone once said that Windows is just a collection of bad Drivers, and it feels a hell like being exactly that.

• Official Post

Now for a great surprise, Anno 1701 doesn't run at all, because I quote "The Driver isn't certified", and that only because the Driver is "too new" for that kind of detection table, WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THAT!?! WHO THE FUCK LIMITS GAMES TO OLD DRIVERS BY USING A FUCKING TABLE!?!

I can think of only a few other things to limit how a game could be played as much as that.

Someone once said that Windows is just a collection of bad Drivers, and it feels a hell like being exactly that.

That is nearly right. There is a few bits of poorly written patches to make them "work together" which means not crash as much.

But I completely understand what you mean, Windows "compatibility" really isn't there, despite each update meant to be compatible with programs for the previous ones. I blame the newer games trying to be too complicated and so breaking with each update, while the older games being simpler, but also more stable because of it. The best way I try to avoid such problems is just run Windows XP in a virtual desktop, and just play old games off that, since it seems XP works with everything that isn't Vista+

I see this too much.

• Is as random as gt is hard but hey hard is good

What?

Also:

Way better then that C stuff :P

And Scala is on the Java side, cause they work together and stuff. And Groovy too technically. Anyone else want to throw in Jruby? :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Anyone else betting IC2 will reach a month without an update? ?(