Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• ^^" Well yeah... the wrong part is was i had to say MC twice now to inject the texture because he did not nodest it the first time which is weird... (before and after the renderring)

• Official Post

It sounds a bit like EE3's magic work EMC values out for everything system.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Well it depends how you want to make it, and also how much coverage you want to have. If you want to have only basic stuff then you simply go by crafting recipes and FurnaceRecipe & OreDictionary with that you cover about 50-70% of the stuff...
    (Incuding ic2 machines)
    But the problem is modintigration. Most mods use their own RecipeHandlers which make looking into recipe results and inputs like almost impossible/hard to work with...
    (Thats why i make my recipes always extend the Base Classes so they do not need special care for detecting stuff)

• Well it depends how you want to make it, and also how much coverage you want to have. If you want to have only basic stuff then you simply go by crafting recipes and FurnaceRecipe & OreDictionary with that you cover about 50-70% of the stuff...
    (Incuding ic2 machines)
    But the problem is modintigration. Most mods use their own RecipeHandlers which make looking into recipe results and inputs like almost impossible/hard to work with...
    (Thats why i make my recipes always extend the Base Classes so they do not need special care for detecting stuff)

well, i tihnk NEI has support for quite many mods, so you might be able to use the recipes it finds if it is installed. also, for stuff that doesn't work, maybe add a cheat command that allows to assign UU values to items either with ID or to the item you hold in your hand, like EE3's solution to the issue?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• well, i tihnk NEI has support for quite many mods, so you might be able to use the recipes it finds if it is installed. also, for stuff that doesn't work, maybe add a cheat command that allows to assign UU values to items either with ID or to the item you hold in your hand, like EE3's solution to the issue?

Well i think you do not understand how nei works. Nei supports nothing by default. Only Minecraft and Forge thats it.
    There is a addon which adds support to a lot of addons. But 75% of all mods do support nei and not other around. And also they do not show nei a Recipe Data which is required for a system. They simply say where which item (position wise) is placed and call it a recipe... Which you could easy add fake ones.
    But for a system like IC2s UU matter thing you need the data inside of the recipe which is not easy to add and rely on nei would be bad idea since it is client only.
    The only thing which would be helpful if forge add a BaseClass which adds functions like: getInputs() getOutputs() but even that is not a "must have" feature... So well...

• UU matter isn't supposed to be this magic goop that can be turned into anything.

as for calculating UU cost of ores that naturally spawn, couldn't you derive that from the chance of spawning at world creation?

• Worldgen is not perfect. Also that requires that what IC2 can not support. Recipes. At least not that far from what you are thinking...

Because as you said uu matter is something that can turn into something. that means also machines since they are made out of the base materials in the world... And there you need the recipes...

• Official Post

UU matter isn't supposed to be this magic goop that can be turned into anything.

Spoilers, it is now.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• LONG LIVE IC2!

So what is the current stop-block for mods advancing to newer versions? is it still the .json files?

• Official Post

LONG LIVE IC2!

So what is the current stop-block for mods advancing to newer versions? is it still the .json files?

There are many reasons why many mods didn't update to 1.8 yet. Only one of them being the .json files. Lex recently put something into Forge that makes that whole .json thing easier, but as I said, that's only one reason.
    1.8 changed a lot. Some changes being good (BlockPos, a Side Enum inside of Minecraft, ...) and some being bad, but most of them annoying to update to.

• Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• Official Post

Batbox into an MFE had 14 EU left. I put a battery in. It lied.

I hate doubles.

• oooohkayyyyy....... wtf? i gues you could explain this relatively easily with some weird multiplication going on, but does it happen every time? if it doesn't, explaining it will probably get tough.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• Official Post

Oh trust me I have before, 20 decimal place values in geothermal generators if you connect them to BC wooden pipes with E-net bridge. Why did we ever change to doubles, the old system never had these problems?

I see this too much.