Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

Why did we ever change to doubles, the old system never had these problems?

Yes, but if you want a machine to use for example 1.26497 EU/t that wasn't possible before. Wait. Actually it was.
    It wasn't as easy as it is now. Wait. Actually it was already easy before.
    Ok. Doubles are way cooler than ints. That's the reason.

• Well doubles are maybe cooler, but syncing them between client and server (at a open gui) is rather painfull....
    I mean classic uses the double api but convert ints basicly to doubles... and having less problems with it...

Also you make the Enet system a double system but everything else could be Int based so that machines that have these weird number usages can still use the enet version for charging and batteries and all the other stuff is still normal...

• Official Post

Doubles are way cooler than ints. That's the reason.

Demonstrate. I'm sceptical.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Demonstrate. I'm sceptical.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Official Post

The issue is, I can't make my batbox smile, so neither are very good. Can't EU be stored as strings? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• like this:

Forty million EU

?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Official Post

Yeah, there's no way that could ever go wrong. And you could have smilies.

I see this too much.

• Yeah, there's no way that could ever go wrong. And you could have smilies.

Funfact: IC2 since 1.4.7 had Strings (Chars) as a counter for the CropTick... How ever that would work...
    But it would be possible to make a big nuber with chars... Only problem here is: Converting a String (chars) to a Number can be pretty difficulty. Also MC do not support that much stuff... (Esspecialy the Container which do a lot of the sync, even doubles are not supportet only ints (well shorts but that could be used as limited it))...

• Solution
    ":-)".hashValue()

The only problem then is to convert the amount of energy back into a String.

If you make a number between 1-9 (as chars) you do simply the first jar (right to left) gets the number and you make x10 times the chars you want further and line all numbers together...
    Basic Math Aroma that you learn in the 6th class... (Even at the lowest type of school!)

• Official Post

If you make a number between 1-9 (as chars) you do simply the first jar (right to left) gets the number and you make x10 times the chars you want further and line all numbers together...
    Basic Math Aroma that you learn in the 6th class... (Even at the lowest type of school!)

Well, if that is "basic math", and you know about it, you should probably know, that numbers can also have 0's in them, so it goes from 0-9, not from 1-9.
    If you meant the last part seriously, you probably didn't get the humour in my previous messages. (humour you also learn in the 6th class, even in the lowest type of school)

• Well, if that is "basic math", and you know about it, you should probably know, that numbers can also have 0's in them, so it goes from 0-9, not from 1-9.
    If you meant the last part seriously, you probably didn't get the humour in my previous messages. (humour you also learn in the 6th class, even in the lowest type of school)

yeah did misstype it... thanks for correction...
    Well i meant it not 100% seriously.. But with a little bit of it at least.
    And that what you mean counts to the Social Side which is my weak point... ^^"