Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• At the same time though, one of the reasons why IC2 has been dying is because said 10 year olds think its to hard, they don't go for a challenge. In my world, I run both TE and IC2 (with GT). I use TE for basic ore processing systems and IC2 for misc machines that aren't linked to my processing systems (such as if I need Coal Dust but don't want to hunt through my chests/ AE system to find it once it has gone through). My only complaint with IC2 (and to a extent GT) is that there isn't really anything end game to strive for. One of the reasons why I like EE2 is because of its powerful tools, that I made without mass transmutation. It was fun for me to be Overpowered in my world because it was my world, I could do what ever I wanted to do. I think IC2 lacks such a thing. Yes there's UU... but by the time you go after UU there's no point because chances are you have resources coming in by the Diamond Chest load. In GT, you have the Fusion Reactor... but I don't have enough machines to warrent the construction of a Fusion reactor before I delete the world and start again. I think that if IC2 had some End game items that was its own (make it expensive but also make it fun) then it could breath new life into IC2. It is fun to be overpowered some times, as long as you do it at the right time.

• Official Post

wtf
    bullshit
    complete
    black magic
    evil voodoo

ARM update was 5 hours ago
    8 major mods have already updated
    hax

• What were you expecting? for everyone else (except Aus) its April first

• Official Post

What were you expecting? for everyone else (except Aus) its April first

?
    I meant that the mod devs entirely updated their mod within a few hours :p I call hax
    Although I think it was mostly unity updates xD

• Esportsexpress.com is doing it right. Normally they are a satire news site for eSports related content, for April Fool's they actually wrote a legit and serious article full of useful information.

I don't even.

• WOW, ARM is legit.

That said, KSP has a modding API. that is why they can crank out updated mods in minutes.

• Official Post

Esportsexpress.com is doing it right. Normally they are a satire news site for eSports related content, for April Fool's they actually wrote a legit and serious article full of useful information.

I don't even.

I heard of a satirical news website that mixed fake articles with real articles just to screw with people. Hilarious.

Edit:
    I just watched the latest GameTheory, And I think it applied to Mods too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?…Q&list=PL35FE5C4B157509C9

• I like how RG said pixelmon is similar to what Greg did with TiC while ignoring stuff like this:
    [13:49:30] <@mDiyo> Fair warning, I am likely to make GregTech silently not load with TConstruct installed in the near future.

• I like how RG said pixelmon is similar to what Greg did with TiC while ignoring stuff like this:
    [13:49:30] <@mDiyo> Fair warning, I am likely to make GregTech silently not load with TConstruct installed in the near future.

Then don't make drama out of it. "silently not loading" means as less drama as possible. Just let him have his way.

• I heard of a satirical news website that mixed fake articles with real articles just to screw with people. Hilarious.

Edit:
    I just watched the latest GameTheory, And I think it applied to Mods too.

I agree

• Then don't make drama out of it. "silently not loading" means as less drama as possible. Just let him have his way.

You should check the IRC logs of #TiC channel (whatever the correct name was) to see how mD was actively trying to sabotage GT. Though that specific message was written long before he even became aware of the existence of oredict scanner. Let alone that it was added by GT.

• Official Post

Yeah, Md and Sunstrike were seriously plotting some stupid shit (one option for them, for example, was to add code that actually modified the downloaded GT folder to be broken). I managed to convince them to just keep with a loading screen warning >.>

• I just watched the latest GameTheory, And I think it applied to Mods too.

Yup... It all comes down to "make the game WE want, and not the game YOU like..."

Highly unfair, imo...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Sadly I missed all the TiC vs Gregtech stuff. But it seems some people are too ignorant to see Md was openly trying to sabotage GT, and then blame it on greg. I was hoping TiC would end up getting some punishment, banishment, something.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Sadly I missed all the TiC vs Gregtech stuff. But it seems some people are too ignorant to see Md was openly trying to sabotage GT, and then blame it on greg. I was hoping TiC would end up getting some punishment, banishment, something.

I see where your coming from, I share a similar opinion, not with TiC, but with Microsoft's console division.

• Shrine Runner has been a map I've been trying to get out now for years, and while I might not be able to do the architecture yet, I think I might have found something that can get the challenges a test (to look for balance issues)

Any complaints?

Edit: I should note, I'm going to try and get 4 different config modes and 4 different challenges. Easy mode (easy challenges and easy mode for all available mods), Normal mode (not to easy, not to hard for map and configs), hard mode (Same map challenges, harder configs) and (what I call) the "Kill me now!!!" mode.

• Official Post

Boot computer up, Windows doesn't load properly.
    Restart, and suddenly it's all slow.
    Run virus scan, entire computer, finds nothing.
    Leave it 5 hours.
    Come back and still slow.
    I've broken something :S

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• check your ram seating. if not, you may want to run a surface scan using a live-os (hirens) to check if your HDD is going.

• Official Post

After looking through the Windows logs, I have an idea what could have caused the original problem, Windows updating without telling me. Then it didn't shut down properly, which meant that it couldn't do fast boot, meaning it booted slower, despite leaving it for 5 hours. Not really sure how the events tie together, but it is a reason for the wackyness.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You should add me on Steam because I have 350 slots on my friend menu free. Seriously, why did they connect leveling up with getting more space for friends? Who would have so many friends anyway?

And who would be mad enough to try to use all the slo...ohh, right, me.