Random rants about aspects of game Balance and democracy

• I am not sure if I get your point. First you reduce everything to Frames, then you say reducing it to just a few blocks is wrong.

And if you'd seen my final crawler, you'd agree that the 5 blocks were enough. Ok add chests for storage and I think I forgot about the deployer, but that's it. No redwire, a timer + delay was the total "tons of circuits", no cables, no enderchest, no Thermopiles, no chunkloader. But to be honest: this wasn't the first one I build, more like the 20th one, and the previous did include a lot of stuff that turned out to be not required in the end. It is all about researching the most efficient setup like someone in this thread said before. ;)

And with that perfect transition, back to the initial topic.

• Official Post

And if you'd seen my final crawler, you'd agree that the 5 blocks were enough. Ok add chests for storage and I think I forgot about the deployer, but that's it. No redwire, a timer + delay was the total "tons of circuits", no cables, no enderchest, no Thermopiles, no chunkloader. But to be honest:

How did it get power then?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Frames.

Did anybody bring those back(I know there's an RP clone, don't know if they got that far)/Eloraam come back from the dead?

Though I've been using Archimedes' Ships, which lets you do airships and such. It's too cheap but at the same time it doesn't allow for automated flying, only player controlled, so there's no ridiculously overpowered automining available, you still gotta move stuff manually.

• There is Redstone in Motion, but this one does not add the BlockBreaker, pipe system or anything else that would be necessary for a full replacement, but is a start.

Tekkit. Of course...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• That's why you make it out of wooden sticks and it requires no power to run. ^^

I don't think you quite understand the ideological differences between us and them.

Of course something Tekkit or Modpack related is going to want something easy, or quickly accessible. How do they enjoy modded Minecraft in the first place? They have to go thru a launcher which has all of their configs. and game settings pre-made for them. Of course they want something that they can just plop down and be done. They want the mods to line up in a simple fashion so that it all works together and there are no breaks between the seams...

For us here on IC2 standalone (or GregTech), configurations and designs are much more fluid and selective. There are multiple config. options to buff EU output, and to adjust gameplay styles. The recipes, imo, haven't changed that much (apart from Energy Crystals, and UU-Matter ofc). The same resources from before are just applied a bit differently than previous, and work in such a fashion that isn't similar to how other mods work. That may break synergy with other mods, but fuck them. This is the IC2 forums, this is IC2 we are talking about. Mod design can be done from a stand-alone approach, and it is no 'flaw' or 'short-coming' from the dev team for doing so. It is only that they prefer to approach development in this way, and if that's such a problem, then you are probably just going to have to deal with it...

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Edited once, last by MagusUnion ().

• Well, let's be honest: IC2 with GT is even easier (in 1.6!) than vanilla IC2.
    What's expensive? 32 diamonds per nanosuit. (MFE cost included) 16 diamonds per MFE. (following IC2's 1 mill EU = 1 diamond, MFE should hold 16 million EU, NOT 4!), 22 buckets of UUM per 1 iridium ore. Should I continue this list?
    Experimental messed up the balance of older IC2. They should have really started from scratch, and build everything from the grounds up, instead of mixing oldies with GTies. IC2 died for me in 1.6. IDK why, it lost its previous spirit, it's no longer fun, at least for me. Feeling like modding is actually more fun now than playing. Going to drop off IC2 in 1.7 completely, TE3 is actually tons better now. The only thing TE3 doesn't have is a Jetpack & UUM. Hopefully my modding skillz will afford me creating a simple mod that adds that. Ah, they for sure will.

• If i get it right: "deal with it"

See?! That's why I love this forum! Thank you SpwnX!

• This is why I remove mystcraft from any pack i try, and wont ever use it in any pack I make. 99% of the time it is only used to break other mods. Ive seen hundreds of posts about mystcraft where they used it to provide easy mining, infinite energy, imbalanced resource gathering or whatever. One single time I saw a guy use it to make a base. Actually two, direwolf did it too.

Other than that, its easy teleportation and trying to get to end game as fast as possible. A week ago I saw a guy post a world with an ocean of UU matter with the tagline "take that gregtech". Why would the guy even install it?

• Official Post

A week ago I saw a guy post a world with an ocean of UU matter with the tagline "take that gregtech". Why would the guy even install it?

Oceans of UU are useless anyway, since the machines and power needed to use the UU requires lots of Gregtech infrastructure first (steel for generator for example) :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You can btw disable each modifier in Mystcraft config (like I did). In addition you have the option to not use anything you consider overpowered or for any other reason unusable. One can argue however that given the rarity of the diamond ore modifier, that if the time it takes to find one would have been spent on mining instead, you would have enough diamonds as well.